test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvE Tac DPS Cruiser Equipment

trv13trv13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Federation Discussion
Hi,

Whats the best deflector/shield/engine for a cruiser thats generally focused on DPS, and also survival to a lesser extent. I'm a Tac captain flying an Assault Cruiser Retrofit. This build is meant primarily for PvE.

I'm curious whats the best between Maco, Adapted Maco, Fleet Elite, and etc for my situation.

Thanks!
Post edited by trv13 on

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you're looking for damage, of the ones you listed only Adapted MACO gives a weapon bonus (+25% Torp bonus). Adapted MACO has Shields that are high capacity, Engines that give a efficiency power bonus, and a Deflector that gives some survivability (though the def and Aux bonus for 2 piece is more Science based).

Jem MK XII gives a 13% Polaron Damage and has half decent sheilds, but costs 200 Lobi and the deflector doesn't help survivability any.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MACO is an excellent all-around shield and gives you some extra energy (which cruisers are always short of). Fleet Elite may be better but is more expensive and harder to acquire, whereas MACO is just a solid 'when in doubt' piece of gear.

For Engine and Deflector, Assimilated equipment gives you extra hull healing and faster sector travel speed, or Omega gives you slightly enhanced accuracy and turning plus the Tetryon Glider.
  • yargomeshyargomesh Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For PVE only, the full assimilated set is good with both the shield and hull heals, plus the Tractor Beam that also drains/gives energy.

The set can be rather RNG finicky though, but then you can just swap the shield out for the MACO shield and have a good setup.
  • vyperwoovyperwoo Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Borg deflector and borg engines mk 11

Elite fleet shields

Will allow you to sit where you want and just unload
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As shields go, get a resilient (MACO or Fleet), as deflectors go, a positron (Adapted MACO works, but so does standard MACO), and as engines go, get the Borg Engines. That will probably give you all the survivability you need. And as for damage, you get that from your equipment and BOff layout.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)