test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

warp effect while map transfering

marktroddenmarktrodden Member Posts: 9 Arc User
i was having a shot of tera online when i noticed when you transfer maps instead of there being a loading page you actually stay in game with a cool warp like effect as you travel from one location to another,this would be an awesome edition to star trek online in my opinion,anyone else seen this effect on tera and what are your thoughts on having that addition to the game?
Post edited by marktrodden on

Comments

• marktroddenmarktrodden Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's been done in World of ******** in continental air transport.
    edited May 2013
    i think it would be a welcomed addition to the game,with some more kick to the warping too,when your ship goes to warp in game you do not feel like your ship is about to kick out of a system at an unbelievable speed,there is defiantly some improvement needed on the full warp effect and map transfer :)
    edited May 2013
    i do believe i have the jj abrams bug,he done the warping so well in both star trek movies,it would be nice to get some of the effects and sounds in the game,would defo enhance the gaming experience
  • bubzy504bubzy504 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eve online is fixing their load screens to a warp like effect. It's looks f'n amazing!!! I sure with that we'd get something like that to keep the immersion from being broken every time we leave a sector.
    edited May 2013
    exactly its more than doable,some new sfx wouldn't go a miss,gonna have a little look at eve's new warp effect,always liked eve for its open world design and i aint gonna lie,i was really dissapointed when i found out sto opted for the instances design but hey ho nothing we can do now..............apart from bug the devs to change it :D
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    that was awesome and the crowds reaction was out of this world lol,sto HAS to get this kind of tech into the game
    edited May 2013
    It was a nerdgasm of epic proportions! I really hope that Cryptic does implement something like this as well.
    edited May 2013
    to be honest i cant see it,maybe they will but to convert a game mainly instances to a full open world design would take a massive amount of work and i don't think they are all too committed to sto in regards to a complete redesign,it just gets annoying having a loading screen every 20 mins
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That's basically an exact copy of Freelancer's jumpgates that take you from system to system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRfzu5pxQgI
    edited May 2013
    again,im guessing that game is rather old so the tech was there,why isnt it here :S,if you had that effect when jumping maps the instances wouldn't be that bad but instead we got loading screens,some very slow loading screens at that
    edited May 2013
    The jumpgate effect is the new loading screen. It works the same way as what we have now except that it looks different. There's no bar that loads since it looks like you're in a wormhole.
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should re-do all jump animations to something as freakin' awesome as this:

Enter warp:
    Warp Drive!

Exit Warp:
    Exit Warp

(but without the stupid camera rotation. The person that made this video FUBARD his incredible work with it).

On a side note.. they should also make phasers be like the ones in that video. Nice.. long duration.. sexy!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A loading screen is a loading screen is a loading screen. It doesn't matter what it looks like.