test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Device Slots

lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Klingon Discussion
So what do you guys like putting into you slots?

Since I build so many turret satellite in order to boost my Maurader doff points so I can get aTrill Bridge Officer, I use alot of different turret satellites.

If I can figure out how to get the device slot scorpian fighters I'll get those too.

Any other suggestions?

r
Post edited by lordgyor on

Comments

• majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can get the Scorption device through the Vault mission.

I use a red matter capacitor (collectors edition STO), generally a turret for the various STF's and a shield or aux battery.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I stuff into the Device Slots greatly depends on the ship and build of that ship.

Red Matter Capacitor is the standard. It always gets in there.

But the other batteries have a place just like anything else. Even Supspace Field modulator has a place at times, especially with a ship that has 3-4 device slots. I stay away from the deployable turrets since they don't do too much and they get destroyed quite easily. So far, I've generally not stuffed in the more exotic devices like Large Batteries and such because I just don't have enough of them, even after doing Elite STFs millions of times.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every ship has large shield battery and red matter capacitor. Ships with 3+ slots have Dueterium for getaway, although I am looking at another option there, maybe aux battery or a combo battery. Ships with 4 slots are all big slow cruisers, and those have the fighters or weapon platforms.

A lot of people use the Subspace Field Modulator but I dont like using it, for a couple of reasons.
  • sardizasardiza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A lot of people use the Subspace Field Modulator but I dont like using it, for a couple of reasons.

What could be the "couple of reason" for *not* using it? The only thing in space that deals proton damage (the only negative to its use) are tholian webs & barriers. So don't use when webbed...

And you don't need the Collector's Edition to get it.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sardiza wrote: »
    What could be the "couple of reason" for *not* using it?
    It's unique per character, so I can't equip it on most ships. Devices are oh-sh*t buttons, I dont want to think about do I have this or that, just click the shield battery, or click the dueterium, reflexively. Also the tholian web can be when I need the shielding the mostl (stupid spiders, shoot through the webbing but I cant shoot back).
  • sardizasardiza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    An "oh-****" button that you couldn't transfer in the... yea no. Sorry Op.