test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Liberated Borg Romulan

loazannethloazanneth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
Not sure if this has been answered yet or not but will Lifetime members have access to a Liberated Borg Romulan species choice like we do for Federation and Klingon?
Post edited by loazanneth on

Comments

• Options
    novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 785 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe the answer is yes, but there haven't been many details revealed yet about it.
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Liberated Borg Romulans are the cover picture of LoR Blog #11, the one that talks about subscriber/lifetime benefits for Romulan characters.
  • Options
    novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 785 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Liberated Borg Romulans are the cover picture of LoR Blog #11, the one that talks about subscriber/lifetime benefits for Romulan characters.

Oh good, so I wasn't mistaken in that they did reveal something about it.
  • Options
    loazannethloazanneth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ah, thanks for the info!
  • Options
    quanmanchuquanmanchu Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We can't play as Liberated Borg Reman?:(
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quanmanchu wrote: »

Not yet as far as I can see.
    Maybe the Borg never got their hands on one.;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Not yet as far as I can see.
    Maybe the Borg never got their hands on one.;)

Then what's with the Liberated Borg Boff?:P
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Then what's with the Liberated Borg Boff?:P

That was just a redshirt...and we all know redshirts aren't realy people.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No. Each Faction gets one playable Liberated Borg type. The Feds get human, the KDF get Klingon, and the Roms get Romulan.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Can Feds and KDF play as Liberated Borg Vulcans, Orions, Gorn, Andorians, Aenar, Lethean, Nausicaan, Bajoran or Trill?

Nope, thus I'm not surprised at all that there is no Liberated Borg Reman, as they keep it to a factions main race, Human, Klingon, Romulan.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic really needs to add Liberated Borg options for the other races that are included in each faction.

I'd also like to see more variety in the choices that we have for Liberated Borg Bridge Officers.

I mean the Liberated Boffs can be of the same race but at the very least let us have a choice of genders and classes.

I'm happy to know that at lease the Reman Borg Boff is a Tactical Officer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Still, it would be nice if we lifers were able to make any of our characters into liberated Borg regardless of their race/species.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, I disagree. If any species could be liberated why would anybody ever play anything else, since you can just dismiss the implants and pale skin options and pretend you are a regular guy/girl with the extra trait options (which is most likely exactly what I will do with my Romulan).

Not having Borg options for every species gives you an incentive to play those other regular race instead of Borg.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd still like to know if they get the covert (cloaking) trait.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timelord79 wrote: »
    No, I disagree. If any species could be liberated why would anybody ever play anything else, since you can just dismiss the implants and pale skin options and pretend you are a regular guy/girl with the extra trait options (which is most likely exactly what I will do with my Romulan).

Not having Borg options for every species gives you an incentive to play those other regular race instead of Borg.

They should be offered as Liberated Borg and use the alien character builder. People would still play regular species because not everyone is a life time member.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If every species had a Borg alternative a player Borg character should not be able to get rid of the implants and appear as a normal species member. It is already borderline to have that with the one species available.

If you want to be a Borg Reman, Nausicaan or Bolian I am ok with that, just don't let them look not assimilated. That would be the trade off.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg