test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is it about birthdays as you get older

wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Ten Forward
I sometimes have to remind myself how old I am. Isn't that WIZARD (32 today by the way, although I had to remind myself)

Anyone else suffering from this (please tell me there is)
Post edited by wildthyme467989 on

Comments

• Options
    gamedudgamedud Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Happy birthday!

Welcome to the 30's where you really stop caring how old you are. I keep forgetting myself. Hope to see 40 and do the same then :)
  • Options
    scruffyvulcanscruffyvulcan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Happy belated birthday!

I recently hit the big 4-0 myself so I can still call you a pup. :)
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Happy Birthday for yesterday. :D

Hope you had a great day, whatever you got up to.

I hit 40 last year, and I really don't care. So long as you are happy. I'm happier now than I ever was when I was younger, and I think that is all that matters.
  • Options
    khanstruewrathkhanstruewrath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as a belated present i shall give you the gift of the most sought knowledge.

the meaning of life: you are born, you get old, some **** happens along the way, and you die.

so dont waste too much time worrying about getting old.
    Romulus burned, untold billions died.
    It's the Tal'shiars doing, Sela lied.
    Vengeance is born, with eternal scorn.
    New Romulus rises.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    as a belated present i shall give you the gift of the most sought knowledge.

the meaning of life: you are born, you get old, some **** happens along the way, and you die.

so dont waste too much time worrying about getting old.

The motto I live by, but it's not a belated present, my birthday's today
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I sometimes have to remind myself how old I am. Isn't that WIZARD (32 today by the way, although I had to remind myself)

Happy Birthday!!

I do the same thing too. I turn 35 tomorrow and I have been "calculating" my age for a few years now. I think it has to do with that over time, your birthday just becomes another day so it just doesn't sink in too fast anymore.
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Happy birthday, hope you have a great day :cool:

I'm hitting 35 in October, and yeah, sometimes it is a case of trying to remember how old I really am :eek: I don't think it helps that my wife's almost 9 years younger than me, and when I remember how old I am, I feel old and like I've pissed the best years of my life away :(
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You beardless youths...

My birthday passed while I was without internet and thus no FaceBook messages from family and friends to remind me. I did not realize it until I met my ex coworker for the final time and she wished me a belated happy birthday.

I like to think this is due to me not caring anymore, and not because of my obvious senility.
    <3
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I mark mine by Prezzies!

People approach me with prezzies like they are tithing a Dragon LOL.

Happy B-day.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I mark mine by Prezzies!

People approach me with prezzies like they are tithing a Dragon LOL.

Happy B-day.

Nice one, :D
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    You beardless youths...
    I've had a beard for the past ten years... Or at least I did, until I landed a trial for some part-time hours just to cover basics while I build up my tattooing clientele, and am told at the interview that the company expects its employees to be clean-shaven :eek: Obviously, in today's economic climate, I wasn't going to tell them to jog on, but I'm not happy about it... Here's hoping that tattooing picks up quickly enough that I can quit and get back to full-bearded status... (I did shave my sideburns to Starfleet Academy points though :cool: )

"A man without a beard is like a cat without a tail..." - Arabic proverb
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Happy Birthday!!!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Grats!

Yeah, sometimes.. but I refuse to grow all serious and boring.
    Actually I think that has saved me through hardships in life.

I'm about the same age btw..
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you were referring to forgetting your own age, yeah, every b day i have to remind myself after, sometimes for awhile that i've added another year. not as important as they once were when there were milestones to cross. 4 more years till 50 for me and that milestone, but the in between just doesn't matter enough to keep it on the tip of my tongue.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • Options
    corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I keep thinking I am in my late 20's...when I am in fact 36... which in itself feels surreal. Having kids especially sends the years into warp speed, it never fails to amaze me how quickly time goes by with children. :)

My wife's grandmother, who is in her 80's admits that most of the time she feels like the same 22 year old woman she was way back when only to be reminded of how old she is when she sees herself in a mirror. :)

Happy Birthday btw!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    One thing I don't get about Birthdays..... why on earth is it that, when it's my Birthday, it's ME who has to buy cakes for everyone at work!?

Would you rather buy the cakes for everyone else's birthday the remaining 364 days? :P
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I often forget my age. I find myself writing down the wrong age on forms and stuff. Although I suppose it's since my birthdays aren't really happy anymore. Last year my B-day present was getting evicted from my house. This year's present was having my crazy aunt physically assault my mother. So yeah, I think I try to forget my B-days happened when I write down my age from 2 years ago lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Happy Birthday!!!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Cheers, and good luck with the launch to you all at Cryptic
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013

i dont celebrate birthdays like xmas or any of that other religious stuff that was at the core of the UK not too long ago. i know how old i am (25y) but it is not important to me to remember it as its just a number.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's this thread about again?

*sloowly walks away*
    signwidrona.png