test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Weapon (suggestion): Subspace Weapons

cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
From Star Trek Insurrection, the Son'A used subspace weapons which were banned by an accord because they were unpredictable. In the movie a torpedo based on this weapon type created a rift that chased the enterprise and wouldve blown it apart if they did not eject their warp core to stop it.

So... this opens an interesting possibility for weapon types in STO.

Unpredictable...

Subspace Energy Weapons: damage is high variance from as low as a turret hit to as high as a dual cannon (not dual heavy) at random. Secondary effect is a random proc from all beam weapon types (including chroniton).

Subspace Torpedoes: damage is high variance (from as low as transphasic base damage to as high as quantum torpedo) at random. Secondary effect is random between some bridge officer abilities (at lowest tier)

Gravity Well
Photonic Shockwave (torpedo)
Metreon Gas (explosion cloud)
Scramble Sensors
Aceton Beam (effect)
Atk Pattern Beta (effect)
Post edited by cmdrskyfaller on

Comments

• doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes I would completely agree it would be nice to have this type of weapon, now this is a spoiler you will see something of that effect in LoR if your graphics are good enough, I have tested LoR and im happy so far
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes I would completely agree it would be nice to have this type of weapon, now this is a spoiler you will see something of that effect in LoR if your graphics are good enough, I have tested LoR and im happy so far

Huh? Its not a graphic request its a new weapon/proc feature.
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Potentially interesting, but they would almost have to have a chance to backfire on the user of the weapon to stay true to their unpredictable nature.