edited May 2013 in Ten Forward
Post edited by centersolace on

Comments

• Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay. :shrug:
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If its high quality then cool. I would love some proper space sci-fi on my screen.

kind of have my doubts how it will turn out though.
  • Options
    khanstruewrathkhanstruewrath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    too bad basic cable doesnt have the iceland channel......
    Romulus burned, untold billions died.
    It's the Tal'shiars doing, Sela lied.
    Vengeance is born, with eternal scorn.
    New Romulus rises.
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Those whacky Icelanders are clever and good at what they do indeed. If CCP ever decides to make a more mainstream game the world better watch it I think. :)
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CCP not being afraid to push the boundaries of what can and can't be done with a gaming 'verse is in no way a bad thing.
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets hope that they are really successfull with this so that others may follow their example.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    EVE is a very neat 'verse TBH. I've read the books (and played the game) and a lot can be done with it.

Good luck to them :)
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would watch for the Amarr !!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it called "Gankers, and Griefers, in paradise ?" Sorry, I had an interest in trying Eve a few years ago, because my brother raved about how awesome it was.A year ago, he uninstalled it, and told me not to waste my time on it, it turned into a nightmare trolling game. Not interested in Eve at all. But thanks for posting the info, CS.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know enough about iceland to really figure this out. But this thread did make me want to see The Deep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about Star Trek?

Oh wait-
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't know enough about iceland to really figure this out. But this thread did make me want to see The Deep.

This is all you need to know about Iceland and the crazy-TRIBBLE people who live there.

"Well, we catch these huge sharks, and they have a lot of meat on them. Problem is, anyone who eats it dies horribly."

"Hmm. Seems like a real shame to let all that good fish meat go to waste."

"Well what if we buried it in a gravel pit for a few months and let it rot? Maybe it will be more edible then."

"Worth a shot."

*Months later*

"Did it work?"

"No, Skjeld just tried some and he's vomiting blood."

"Okay, let it dry out for a few months and try again."

*Later*

"Well, the good news is we can eat it and live. The bad news is it tastes like limburger cheese that's been soaked in ammonia, and the smell for the curing shed is so horrible it makes the surrounding countryside uninhabitable."

"Perfect. We shall make it a national dish."

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait, does this mean members of GoonSwarm will feature as characters?

Dear God...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sander233 wrote: »
    This is all you need to know about Iceland and the crazy-TRIBBLE people who live there.

"Well, we catch these huge sharks, and they have a lot of meat on them. Problem is, anyone who eats it dies horribly."

"Well what if we buried it in a gravel pit for a few months and let it rot? Maybe it will be more edible then."

"Worth a shot."

*Months later*

"Did it work?"

*Later*

"Well, the good news is we can eat it and live. The bad news is it tastes like limburger cheese that's been soaked in ammonia, and the smell for the curing shed is so horrible it makes the surrounding countryside uninhabitable."

Wow. Just wow. I know sometimes people bash others for veering off topic. But for this I want to thank you. That was extremely fascinating to read about. Never heard of that before.

That has made my day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    Is it called "Gankers, and Griefers, in paradise ?" Sorry, I had an interest in trying Eve a few years ago, because my brother raved about how awesome it was.A year ago, he uninstalled it, and told me not to waste my time on it, it turned into a nightmare trolling game. Not interested in Eve at all. But thanks for posting the info, CS.

You're welcome. I am curious to see how it will turn out.
    Wait, does this mean members of GoonSwarm will feature as characters?

Dear God...

GoonSwarm is very entertaining.

From a distance. This will be the perfect way to enjoy EVE without having to actually play.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited May 2013

"Worth a shot."

*Months later*

"Did it work?"

*Later*

You know, it's still probably better than Poi:D
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wow. Just wow. I know sometimes people bash others for veering off topic. But for this I want to thank you. That was extremely fascinating to read about. Never heard of that before.

That has made my day.
    You're welcome. I love it when I meet people who have never heard of Hakarl.
    You know, it's still probably better than Poi:D
    I don't want to turn this into an episode of Bizzare Foods with Sander (although that probably would be more interesting than EVE TV) but I actually love fresh poi. It's one of my favorite weird foods.

I have tried Hakarl, and I actually kept most of it down, and I can say conclusively it is the most repugnant thing I have ever attempted to eat.

- Anne Bredon
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't want to turn this into an episode of Bizzare Foods with Sander (although that probably would be more interesting than EVE TV) but I actually love fresh poi. It's one of my favorite weird foods.

I have tried Hakarl, and I actually kept most of it down, and I can say conclusively it is the most repugnant thing I have ever attempted to eat.

Then make your own thread. ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Back on topic; I do have to wonder if EVE has a big enough audience outside of it's playerbase to warrant a Tv show. I wonder what the population of EVE is nowadays anyway.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Back on topic; I do have to wonder if EVE has a big enough audience outside of it's playerbase to warrant a Tv show. I wonder what the population of EVE is nowadays anyway.
    Just over 500k and Eve TV has been going for years. Well the online one has.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Developer CCP Games has announced a partnership with Icelandic filmmaker Baltasar Korm?kur and his production company to develop the series

Let me just say this: If every creative partnership to develop a TV series came through, I'd be a TV producer and pointing you to the YouTube copies of the show based on my ideas right now.

These things mean nothing until the film starts rolling. And even then it might just be a con reel in ten years.
    <3