test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help with build

paynehospaynehos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Federation Discussion
Thanks all for looking at this. I know i need to upgrade but just started back to the game last week after a year or so. I dont have much EC at moment and im not in a fleet but am looking and earning as fast as i can go. Here is my build and what i got on my ship and would like some info on what i should change out first and how to get it. main reason for this was doing one of the borg encounters and a guy was 4 levels under me taking more damage and doing 3 times my dps so just trying to get the best i can get and learn to play it better.

On another note is there a guide or info how to start the reputation stuff ive done one thing in it and was wondering what is the best way to go along leveling that.

Link to build click here

Thanks for the help
Post edited by paynehos on

Comments

• risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try this setup and see if it will work for you.

Also, respec you skills to what is shown and you'll see a vast improvement in not only ground combat, but space as well.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=achelp_3190

As for the Rep items, biggest two items you can go for is the Assimilated Module from the Task Force Omega and the Zero-Point Energy Conduit from the Romulan. Both are Tier 2, I believe.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • paynehospaynehos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks for the info and about the rep i was wondering on do i just need to earn those parts and just add them or can i add a little here and not get as much rep and it still passes
  • vyperwoovyperwoo Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if there is a guide or not for the rep stuff.

Do the Tau Dewa patrols every time you are on for the 60 marks. If you want the combat ones go to the following systems Carraya, Japori, Beta Thor, Nurenda (not spelled right, right next to Gamma Erridon), and Gamma Erridon.

For the borg stuff just start plucking away at stf's 1 or 2 elites everytime you log on will be more than enough for the rep missions.

If you can coordinate your time with the bonus events it will make things go faster.

Yeah get yourself in a fleet and while you are grinding the rep system grind whatever they require for access to there store, usually fleet events.

First thing you need to do is replace those mk 10 weapons, you should be able to afford better ones off the exchange once you start getting some nice loot drops.

Also you need a deflector, engine set. Not a big cruiser guy, but Borg mk 11 is an amazing set, just don't get the shield

Maybe swap out that rear torpedo for the breen cluster one, it's a mission reward.

I'd get rid of that montanium platting too, I know it's your only vr one, but you'll get more out of even an uncommon ablative.

Welcome Back
  • risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eventually, you will want to get to Tier 5 on the rep system. General advice is to max out the tiers, then go for the items.

Elite STF's for Omega Marks (Do the normal until you feel you can survive or have fleet/friends help.

For Romulan Marks, best and quickest way to earn them is the Eppoh Dailies on New Romulus. Make sure to team up with someone to get them, as it does make it much easier. 30 tags gets you enough tags to start the 20 hour DOff mission. Keep going through that process. Once you reached 5 Eppoh research, purchase an Eppoh, go to the appropriate officer, and raise it to an Elder, then sell it for 400 Marks. Rinse, repeat as needed.

Also, you can run the Radiation Sample Collection (300 Radiation reports = 30 Marks) and the two daily missions Tholian Invasion (Be careful, only has a 9 minute timer and glitches A LOT) and Sector Patrol. Tholian nets around 30 Marks and the Patrol nets 60.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • paynehospaynehos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks for the replies will be looking into that stuff. Did an elite last night did decent died twice but the other people kept dieing so i must of not been that bad as i thought. We couldnt get the queen down and people started to leave
  • elpicasso82elpicasso82 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hello! i bought vesta eng but now i need build for my eng char i wannna use my vesta eng can u guys help me with this!?thy