test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What If Ships With Matter/ Antimatter Warp Cores Generated Dilithium?

thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
Say 1 Dil per minute in game in Space?

That would keep people playing.
Post edited by thlaylierah on

Comments

• Options
    captrott1captrott1 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why would it generate dilithium? If anything it should burn dilithium.
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Diltihium crystals damaged in the reaction can be recrystalized inside a TNG-era warp core, but they're not spontaneously generated.
  • Options
    travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not necessary, not as long as the dil cap is in place. The STFs (especially Elite STFS) alone generate a lot of dilithium. It can get to around 2000-3000 dil per run if you turn the Omega marks in for dilithium, and the BNPs as well.

We really don't need more ways to farm dilithium, not while the cap is in place anyhow. Just not necessary.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just figured I'd post this request after reading all the similar requests like:

"What if every ship could equip cannons?"
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    Diltihium crystals damaged in the reaction can be recrystalized inside a TNG-era warp core, but they're not spontaneously generated.

They can be grown, though... and grown faster than they're depleted. That whole development was done because the writers didn't ever want to have stories revolving around power source scarcity or the Enterprise needing fuel. So they ARE spontaneously generated.

Personally, I could see something like the dilithium tribble. Have a 10 minute cooldown power called "Recrystalize" that gives you 10 dilithium. Maybe the cooldown runs 50% faster inside social zones, whenever you're stopped or traveling at lower speeds, and halts whenever you're in combat.

It makes people feel productive when they socialize but even the worst AFK exploiter would only get 1440 a day.
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that'd be a nice gift for testing LOR. A Warp Core that gives 10 Dilithium every hour and scales with level.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that'd be a nice gift for testing LOR. A Warp Core that gives 10 Dilithium every hour and scales with level.

the gift was being able to play and test new content.. nice try B :P
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a pet peeve of mine in STO... the huge amounts of Dilithium in the game. Even the Federation flagship didn't have a spare set laying around for their engines, let alone for currency. Cryptic would have been more 'realistic' using GPL, the one widely used currency we actually know of in the Trek universe!
  • Options
    makburemakbure Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a pet peeve of mine in STO... the huge amounts of Dilithium in the game. Even the Federation flagship didn't have a spare set laying around for their engines, let alone for currency. Cryptic would have been more 'realistic' using GPL, the one widely used currency we actually know of in the Trek universe!

I thought it was really odd that all this dilithium was in the game as currency. I thought it would be used in crafting or a type of fuel that goes in a device slot. GPL would have made more sense. I thought gpl only had real value in neutral zones? We do have EC for everywhere else fed side and I guess the kilngs have something too. The neutral zones should have all the open market volume.
    -Makbure
  • Options
    aevlomaevlom Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Say 1 Dil per minute in game in Space?

That would keep people playing.

Because the warp core uses dilithium.
    Watch your suggestion to get a free handout get turned around, and bite you... for say 1 dilithium per minute if you want ANY of your warp cores online.
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i smell possible window of exploit. anyone else smell it?
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A warp core that gives free Dilithium???
    Hahaha, funny joke... No seriously that is not going to happen.

I would sooner see the devs:
    1... Lower Dilithium requirement in sales or Fleet projects.
    2... Request a payment of 10 Dilithium per day to fuel your ship while you have an active account (additional payments will be requested if you switch through multiple ships per day).
    3... Keep the 8k Dilithium requirement of course.

Worse case scenario would be 10 Dilithium / Tier / Day...
    All 9 console T5 ships = 50 Dilithium / Day.
    All 10 console T5 ships = 55 Dilithium / Day.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what if every time i log in, it rains gold?
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 dilthium an hour? that would be 10 a day typically for the more focused/hardcore players, so 70 a week, 300 a month roughly. not worth the suggestion for such little.

besides in trek warp cores require dilithium crystals to run, the crystal is burned down over time in order to generate the power needed in the core to keep the ship running. so the idea of a warp core producing new crystals?

besides if you got a [Radan Tribble]. you can get 5 dilthium an hour, so this warp core dilthium idea would need to be increased if the whole idea is to happen.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    quanmanchuquanmanchu Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the gift was being able to play and test new content.. nice try B :P

Awwww... can't we at least have a Romulan Ale distiller in our ready room on our Warbirds?