test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gorn Body Customization

thebanjothebanjo Member Posts: 28 Arc User
I was making a Gorn to test out the new Klingon starter mission and I couldn't make him as thin as my live Gorn since there are new options for customizing the upper body. Is this intentional to have all Gorn be extra beefy looking and will my Gorn on live be affected by this change. I personally like him looking more thin like a lizard and not thick like a crocodile.
Post edited by thebanjo on

Comments

• drachenfelesdrachenfeles Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    according to the lore gorn are rather beefy types, but I agree new body appearance options give less appealing effect then older, simpler but more accurate ones
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I noticed that too. You can't make them much shorter than 2m (6'4") and the Physique slider is gone so you can't slim them down.

I really liked that slider. I was hoping all other species would be getting it (since it was introduced when the Gorn were redesigned a couple years back) instead of reverting the Gorn to the original sliders for torso bulk and stomach.

Plus the Gorn Technical caste is supposed to be smaller than the Soldiers.

I've got a Gorn techie youngster on my KDF main's crew and I'd like to keep him scaled on the shrimpy side for RP purposes. It wouldn't be the end of the world for me if he suddenly grows 20cm and puts on 20 kilos, but it would be more than a little annoying.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
    edited May 2013
    sander233 wrote: »

true, but smaller compared to ~7' 300lb soldiers mind you
    I'd say they still dwarf most humans
  • thebanjothebanjo Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ya my Gorn is a science officer so I thought it also fit him that he wasn't beefy.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My favorite Gorn (got three) Vorr is fairly small
    especially when stood next to Slassh his tactical and torpedo officer

but yes slim would be better still
    Live long and Prosper
  • thehavrahathehavraha Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I need to look into this, but if this is permanent, it's rage worthy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am a Cheestah.
    Check out my Foundry missions
    Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
    KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thehavraha wrote: »
    I need to look into this, but if this is permanent, it's rage worthy.

Looking over it again, I'm not sure that anything was changed. They removed physique and bulk but added stomach size and torso bulk which seem to achieve the same look.
    edited May 2013
    No, it's DEFINITELY different. You cannot make tiny skinny Gorn now, or even huge ones. You have to make default sized Gorn.
    Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
    edited May 2013
    It's the lack of the bulk slider that's the problem. There's no way to make a Gorn skinny, or varying in shape and size anymore.

If you import the costume of a skinny Gorn from Holodeck into Tribble, the Gorn does indeed APPEAR as being skinny, but if you adjust the sliders all the way to max, there's no way in Hell to get the Gorn to appear even "normal" in size, let alone huge and bulky.

When this goes live on Holodeck, players with Gorn of different bulks and physiques are going to be stuck with those settings on those costumes.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most Gorn are large usually larger then most humanoids

were talking on average of

7-8 feet tal and around 250-300 pounds

The smaller of the gorn usually are in the high 6 foot tall range around 250 pounds

so....no gorns are not small and are not thin as paper they are a very robust species.

Oh i almost forgot there are no female gorn

The gorn "Dancing girls" Q had were gorn alphas or in their species known also as egg bringers.
    I did a little research so trek nerds go rage on google where i got this information.
    edited May 2013
    thehavraha wrote: »

When this goes live on Holodeck, players with Gorn of different bulks and physiques are going to be stuck with those settings on those costumes.

Stuck with their current look or the new one?
    edited May 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    Most Gorn are large usually larger then most humanoids

were talking on average of

7-8 feet tal and around 250-300 pounds

The smaller of the gorn usually are in the high 6 foot tall range around 250 pounds

so....no gorns are not small and are not thin as paper they are a very robust species.

Oh i almost forgot there are no female gorn

The gorn "Dancing girls" Q had were gorn alphas or in their species known also as egg bringers.
    I did a little research so trek nerds go rage on google where i got this information.

Hmm. I'm not sure where google took you to find that but according to my own research (see link in sig) there are female Gorn who live / fight / mate alongside the males.

Also there are at least a Technical caste and a Intellectual /Political caste which are smaller than the soldiers seen on screen.

Also big Gorn grow up from little Gorn.

Of course, none of this is established in canon so who knows what's really what.

Oh, but Q's "dancing girls" in ESD we're definitely these ugly dudes: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Slave_Master

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, I hate to ask, but if all Gorn are the "beefy" variety, have they put the Reptilian Strength trait back in yet? It just seems odd that something that is an average of 7'3" and 474lbs wouldn't be able to bat smaller foes around easily, if not remove limbs from said foe for use as a bludgeon. Oh, and maybe have innate Knockback resistance based on mass?

Of course, by the same token the super tiny Alien captains we see running about really ought to have Knockback vulnerability... FORE!
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    edited May 2013
    not yet I'm afraid, plus they not only can't be shrimpy now, they also can't be large, this change essentially "humiefied" gorn physique and I protest!

As a gorn player I want old physique back!

edit: dear devs - give gorn some head options instead of messing with things that went well and everybody liked them

edit 2: on gorn size - gorn are reptiles and grow almost all their lives, so it appears to be pretty natural you meet sleek newt juve'es while those XL lizards are simply hitting their two hundred or more
    edited May 2013
    So, I hate to ask, but if all Gorn are the "beefy" variety, have they put the Reptilian Strength trait back in yet? It just seems odd that something that is an average of 7'3" and 474lbs wouldn't be able to bat smaller foes around easily, if not remove limbs from said foe for use as a bludgeon. Oh, and maybe have innate Knockback resistance based on mass?

Of course, by the same token the super tiny Alien captains we see running about really ought to have Knockback vulnerability... FORE!

While I don't see Gorn being able to rip limbs off in game, I can see them taking your rifle from your hands and smashing it against your face.
    edited May 2013
    edit 2: on gorn size - gorn are reptiles and grow almost all their lives, so it appears to be pretty natural you meet sleek newt juve'es while those XL lizards are simply hitting their two hundred or more
    That's my thinking as well.

Now I want /e Tee_Shot emote. :D

- Anne Bredon
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now I want /e Tee_Shot emote. :D

:eek: Actually, this could be a great reward from some form of Q Event. Play x rounds of Tribble Golf, unlock the Tee Shot emote and power for your captain. The power could be a special melee attack using your equipped melee weapon, rifle, or assault weapon as a golf club, doing bonus damage and knockback.

Oh, and to stay on topic, yes give the Gorn back their customization. ;)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​