test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I find it disturbing that developers dont answer questions regarding legacy pack sale

gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
Hello dear cryptic.

I find it disturbing that you do not answer the question to the people who want to support star trek online by buying the legacy pack but WICH CANNOT with the current 2 only payment systems you currently have employed.

Question regarding if the legacy pack will be on steam with all the preorder goddies as currently on the homepage has been asked since the day you posted info about the legacy pack. WEEKS

I would think that a company would have the moral decency to answer a customer yes or no if they will sell it or increase the payment systems to allow further customers support their product but as i clearly see now you have no intention of answering if it will be on steam or not.

The question has been repeated and asked in twitter forum and even on steam forum and on blogs.

no answer has been given. Even moderators have gone to length of moveing such question topics into threads and places no one even looks or reads.

Support and finacial support should be given to companys that deserve them.
companys who clearly dont want their product sold or even remotely help a customer aquire their products should not be rewarded that is my opinion.

so i ask for the 10th time will it be on steam with all the pre order goodies you have on the site or not as a dlc pack ? STEAM has a working and perfectly valid payment option for many customers.

it would clearly be the logical course of action to add it there so many more can buy your product would it not be so ?

if steam charges you extra to have it there why not just increase the price a little to cover the expenses. I would think people would be more than happy to be able to buy the legacy 120 euro pack from steam even if it came witha little bit higher charge couse the payment system works and is safe and secured and aktually IS NOT BANNED in countries.

So yes or no will it be on steam ? time is running short here few days left.

i also find it very annoying that developers answers questions like "titles can be put here and there" when such a important question for customers exists and no one pays any heed to answer it.

if you have the time to answer a simple question like "titels can be used here" why not bloody answer a important question that has been asked for weeks ?

anyways I hope you aktually answers this time and not a moderator moves this into a corner of the forum NO ONE reads.

yes or no will it be on steam with same goddies and pre orders that is on the homepage with steam payment option?
If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
Post edited by gespensterjaeger on

Comments

• topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tl;dr version:

OP is annoyed that the legacy pack isn't available on steam. He doesn't want to use paypal or moneybookers, and is annoyed that the devs haven't given any more information about other possible forms of payment.

NEWSFLASH: Game Developers don't handle the money side of things. They make the game, and leave it to the marketing department and parent companies to decide how they want the money side to work. What exactly do you expect?

If you care that much just use paypal or moneybookers. They are both giant billion dollar corporations who are well respected. I have been using both for years (paypal for decades) without a single problem. You don't even need to sign up to use paypal, just use them as a payment processor for a one-off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also, given that it's a PREORDER, and it's not on steam yet, with less than 6 days to go - common sense says that no it won't be on steam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • quanmanchuquanmanchu Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they start selling "lockbox ships" in this way...I'd buy them rather than play the "lottery".
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Branflakes directly answered the OP back on April 29th. He clearly stated that the current methods of payment for the pre-order were the only methods. That's basically the end of the issue.

It's not Cryptic's fault if the OP refuses to use Skrill or Paypal due to personal preference issues.

Not liking the answer is not the same as not getting an answer.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    topset wrote: »
    Also, given that it's a PREORDER, and it's not on steam yet, with less than 6 days to go - common sense says that no it won't be on steam.

Thats not always the case, sometimes games come out at different points in time on Steam because of retail exclusivity deals ect.
    Though yeah chances are you are right about this.
  • jackattack00720jackattack00720 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/264/241/9e9.gif

With that said, these companies like others have said have done business for years, I have heard more problems with people like Mircrosoft Sony and Bioware getting stuff TRIBBLE and stolen than I have PayPal.
This discussion has been closed.