test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm weak...weak I tell you!

stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Made a decision to buy the Legacy pack, when I swore the NW HoN pack would be my last large purchase for a while.

Right now Cryptic owns me like Angelina owns Brad. :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
Post edited by stormdrag0n on

Comments

• smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for letting us know.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to think it's the lure of the Romulanness, rather then mystic Cryptic powers at play, that caused the purchase of the legacy pack.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for letting us know.

Well I really got tired of all the PM's wanting me to update the Gf on the small details of my life, so.... :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aexrael wrote: »
    I'd like to think it's the lure of the Romulanness, rather then mystic Cryptic powers at play, that caused the purchase of the legacy pack.

Part and partial to both for me I think, I was pretty much ready to write the expansion off until I played in the beta weekend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • msk5msk5 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THINGS YOU COULD HAVE BOUGHT FOR THE SAME COMBINED AMOUNT:
    A new TV!
    A quality 5.1 stereo system!
    Round-trip airfare for a decent vacation!
    A quality graphics card!
    Greece!
  • dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well "resitence is futile" :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    msk5 wrote: »
    A new TV!
    A quality graphics card!
    Greece!

My go-to comparison for something like this is... for the price of LoR Legacy pack you could have had 3,560 lbs of this! :D

I might have been tempted to buy the pack too, but the many mentions of "for all Romulan Republic characters" dissuaded me. I have 5 toons already, and only plan to have 1 RR toon so kind of a waste of money for 1 toon.
  • tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was very tempted to buy the Legacy Pack. However, I have one last truck payment to make, I blew a tire the other day so I am on my spare, and I have a wheel bearing housing assembly that needs to be replaced last week. If only I could reverse the polarity on something to fix it all...
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • zorthoszorthos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also purchased the Legacy pack, not for the ships and certainly not for the keys, but as a thank you for all the effort the Devs have put into STO and the expansion.

Of course my recent entry into STO may have been influenced by the fact they were adding my favourite faction, the Romulans. I must say though that the ever increasing improvements to the game was what finally brought me to try STO, as I had passed on it at release even though I was a long time Star Trek fan due to the sheer number of less than stellar reviews at the time. So well done and thank you to the Devs for all their hard work.
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought it simply because I will very likely get most of it's content anyway.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • sauron90805sauron90805 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, saw the 2 new additions to the pack today and that pushed my 'want factor' over the edge. :o
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd bet that the open test weekend scored them a huge amount of sales. The romulan story is incredible and I'm pretty sure a good number of people bought the pack right after.

I suspect they also got a second bump with the two extra ships, but that the test weekend was the bigger driver of sales.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to be weak...

But I'd rather save up for a new computer instead.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • pegasuscicpegasuscic Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought the starter pack. I will probably just spend dil to zen to get any of the T5 ships that I wants, which won't be many. I usually buy a ship and stick with it. Based on the Legacy pack, of all the ships it has, I see maybe 2 I would buy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    msk5 wrote: »
    A new TV!
    A quality graphics card!
    Greece!

Oh my... :D:D:D:D
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aexrael wrote: »

Those mystical powers you doubt is known as the sorcery of advertisement ....now go put your nose in a corner for doubting cryptics magical powers that lures us to buy :D