test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is coming for the Klinks in the LOR update?

ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Klingon Discussion
I've seen some speculation regarding what we are going to get, but does anybody have a comprehensive list, like of items, weapons, ships, etc?
Post edited by ironmako on

Comments

• drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My suggestion would be to pop on down to the Tribble Forums, loads of spoilers there about content, ships, revamped tutorial, new missions, First City changes, UI changes, BOFFs who have a background (so you love them a little instead of treating them like a console :D )... the list goes on but it's also worth signing up to Tribble to test some of them out.. I did and it was WORTH IT! :eek:
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried looking but I couldnt find a thread to do with all the new Klink content. Can you provide me with a link please?
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -C Store T1 and T2 BoPs
    -Full 1-50 Progression with a new tutorial
    -new story arcs, including the new Lv20 Adventure Zone
    -KDF Allied Romulans
  • kchundakchunda Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What else impacts The Empire ... Warp cores, but everyone else will get those too.
    Addicted: January 2012

batlh QIH 'ej!
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ironmako wrote: »
    I've seen some speculation regarding what we are going to get, but does anybody have a comprehensive list, like of items, weapons, ships, etc?

The usual:

More tears and broken dreams.
  • krell83stokrell83sto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here ya go, have a Link. What is coming for the KDF

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ironmako wrote: »
    I tried looking but I couldnt find a thread to do with all the new Klink content. Can you provide me with a link please?

Im hoping Cryptic gives some sort of announcement before May21st about the KDF content. It would go a long way to mending bridges.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What the KDF gets that is most important:

1] Ability of new players to start as KDF and try it out before they get all emotionally invested in a Fed character.

2] Some fraction of new Romulan characters will go KDF. Especially since it has the best synergy (and way cooler uniforms.)
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -C Store T1 and T2 BoPs
    -Full 1-50 Progression with a new tutorial
    -new story arcs, including the new Lv20 Adventure Zone
    -KDF Allied Romulans
    - Boffs with backgrounds

This list (with some alterations on my part) is a pretty comprehensive display of what unique stuff the KDF gets. Except for Nimbus, that's cross-faction, as are the following:

- New UI
    - Warp Cores
    - Trait Revamp
    - Trait and Reputation Respecs
    - New lockbox (at or shortly after LoR launches, I suspect)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Edit: Clumsiest double-post in the history of double posting. :o

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think everything KDF is getting that anyone knows about has been menctioned. I'll add that the tutroial and early missions are just as good as the Romulan ones, and that's pretty cool, IMHO.

As for KDF Romulans, I can't see a good reason mechanic wise that a Romulan would choose to ally with the Feds, unless they absolutely have to have fleet ships right now. KDF has all of the cool consoles that are most useful for Romulan, in particular is leach, given how bad Romulan power levels can be.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In my case, my Romulan will be going Fed simply because our Fed fleet's holdings are WAY further along than our KDF. Just can't convince too many of the fleeties to roll KDF, it's like 10 of us pushing the KDF fleet along on a regular basis.

The stuff that's coming is mostly stuff that everybody's getting. The only really unique things are the T1-T2 ships (and their consoles), plus a handful of actual unique episodes.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've tested the Romulan content out, but decided I'm not going to roll up a holodeck Romulan Republic Character until I finished the Romulan rep system which could be awhile given I just started not that long ago and have only completed tier 1.

Then when I roll up a Remen it will be on the KDF side, preferably joining Klingon intelligence.
  • tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The KDF is getting two low level C-Store ships with universal consoles. One is a KDF version of the console from the Oberth class (except it is a weapon and engine power console) and a shield drain console.
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D