test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Uniforms

armistice171armistice171 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
So I think the Romulan Republic and the Romulan-Federation Uniforms look really nice. All I ask is that I be able to make a relatively standard uniform across all of my bridge officers. Also, if it isn't too much to ask could we have the ability to display the rank of our bridge officers on their uniform?

I would understand that this might not be too important to the KDF who do not really have standardized uniforms, but it would only make sense to me that a Romulan officer operating within Starfleet would have to have at least some form of a standardized uniform for their crew. Otherwise, I'm really liking the Romulan faction.
Post edited by armistice171 on

Comments

• Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...there is a standardized uniform. The Romulan Republic one. Heck, every new non-story bridge officer you get comes with one.

What I think is missing is a outfit preset. You get presets for the characters at character creation, but it gets confusing to new players when they're told by Temer that they've been given access to the Republic Uniform, and yet when they go see the tailor said uniform is not part of their presets.

Several Youtube videos of Romulan testers just starting out pretty much resolved themselves to be "check tailor, don't see uniform, leave" which had me grind my teeth and wish they'd just check into Advanced options.

Point is, Cryptic could've made it more obvious, and getting the uniform in the presets would be ideal for that. It'd also be handy for consistent colors - that way you know the preset colors matches the colors of all the other NPCs wearing the Romulan Republic uniform for sure.
  • Options
    focht666focht666 Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    We also don't seem to get all of the Uniform pieces...
    I couldn't get the Tal Shiar belt or shoulders for my Male Romulan.
    Nor did I have the nice Romulan Survivor wrist bands..
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    umaeko wrote: »
    ...there is a standardized uniform. The Romulan Republic one. Heck, every new non-story bridge officer you get comes with one.

I've grown fond of Republic version 1. I even outfitted some of my story BOFFs in it to get a consistent look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What I am saying is that the uniform pieces are not the same across genders and that in part makes it difficult to do a ship wide uniform. In particular, I am talking about the Federation-Romulan Uniform, but I would also appreciate an outfit preset. At least with a preset I can make something that resembles a ship wide uniform.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uniform presets... there's something that could do with some expansion. The Klingons need it most, though; they only have 3 outfits and not a single race-specific one.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't have a set uniform for my Romulan crew, and I most likely won't on Holodeck either.

BTW, I'm ALLIED with Starfleet. I'm not a member of Starfleet, therefore, I do NOT have to abide by their uniform requirements.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I understand that we are allied with the Federation and not actually members, but still I think it makes sense that Starfleet would expect some form of standards for uniform in a crew of a ship that has Starfleet officers aboard. I'm not saying that everyone has to play it this way, I am just saying that it should be an option.
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I Don't Have Any Starfleeters On My Ship.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    radaikofromulusradaikofromulus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I Don't Have Any Starfleeters On My Ship.

I don't have any Starfleet officers on my ship, except when there's a systems bug that replaces one of my boffs with a generic Starfleet officer. Also, I would like the option of the Romulan uniform from Nemesis. The devs put a lot of effort into the costumes, it's a real quality work, sincerely, but they're too busy, too patchy and not uniform looking at all.

It seems that the winter event jacket was the foundation of the Republic uniform. Too many patches and flaps and tapers that ride up and show the undershirts at the waist. Just my own opinion here, it's just not appealing to me. The fact that I have to ally with any other faction is incidental, so I'm not interested in their uniforms, tech or any other non-Romulan trifles on my Romulan toon. This extends to costume pieces.
  • Options
    kadieraskadieras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know exactly what you mean, Female Remans do NOT have access to all of the Federation Uniform parts.
    Like the Romulan Alliance System? Of course you do, it sounds fine to you because you aren't Romulans, you're FED or KDF who are going to make a Romulan alt, it makes a HUGE difference in perspective.
  • Options
    warzeriorwarzerior Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like a Preset of them too.

It was rather tedious to figure out the "right" colors.

Though I did observe NPCs are in "civilian" attire and I saw one in a blue Romulan Republic uniform as well.