test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

question about complaining

deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
If i report a bug about the game, not tribble or any betas, but the game, (in this case, the foundry) how long can I expect before someone contacts me to say "oh that, yes we are aware of it"?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you report a bug no one's going to contact you. Support forward the bug report to the STO QA team and closes your ticket.

Remember when you report a bug to be as specific as possible. The QA team needs to be able to replicate the bug to fix it - so the more information you give them about how the bug occurred the better chance it will eventually get fixed.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    If i report a bug about the game, not tribble or any betas, but the game, (in this case, the foundry) how long can I expect before someone contacts me to say "oh that, yes we are aware of it"?

Bug reports go straight to /dev/null. Take care. ;)
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it finally got noticed... resolved? no...
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The QA team is busy working on LoR bugs right now, as they're only 9 days away from launch.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of us have been waiting for 3 years...
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you contact a GM you will get a response (but you only need to do this for things that can immediately help you with) A compromised account, a character stuck in limbo etc. it may take a day or two but someone will respond (unless its about reporting a player then they wont discuss the results).

if its an actual bug via the bug report that is an error in the game (a mission cant complete, a vital contact has died etc) then that is for a dev to fix and release in a later patch. these can can weeks, or months to fix depending on the problem/how important it is on the list or whether they can even track down the underlining problem. they will never respond to them as they get thousands.
  • qf00001qf00001 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What so I do when i'm stuck with a mission (vega colony).
    On 10 may and before everything worked.
    After 10 may I cannot fire any weapons (Standard Fed. weapons like phaser and sniper rifle). Looking on the forum there are more people with this kind of problem (after patching on 10 may).

What should I do?
    1> After checking daily starting from 11 may, just quit.
    2> wait until they fix it (if they fix it). I wil wait until 17 may then I will leave this game forever.....

Because of the type of bug (This is a very BIG bug. it should not ever happen in production enviroment or else fix it the same day, because people spend their money on this game. In other words loss of their company-image). My trust in this company/game is going down the drain. Before this BUG, I would have spend some more money on this game for sure. Now I will not spend any money on this (looking in the forum it looks like they (the company) are not interested to fix any issues soon, only to keep cashing peoples money).

This is real disappointing, because I'm a fan of Star Trek and this game could be really great.
    2 words: "Quality Control".

p.s. looks like it's a problem when starting the mission to beam down to vega colony (or when i played it at that time with my first character). Restarting - level -> how?
    When creating a new character it works (with the earlier missions/lvl's).