test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What, Romulans don't do dailies?

greydog2greydog2 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
Love the expansion so far. I've been playing on advanced up to 19 so far and things are getting tough with all these penalties.

Upon attempting to better my gear situation I find myself locked out of the dilithium mining and the exploration quests. I thought these space vikings were my allies. Don't they trust me enough to let me open their space?

Seriously ..progression has been fun but I'm starting to feel a little bottlenecked atm. Could you please add eligibility for those quests before this goes live?
I plan on living forever ..so far so good

Squadron 238
Post edited by greydog2 on

Comments

• Options
    shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did an exploration quest at Subcommander. Did you try before hitting cap?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Centurion 19

I can enter the systems and do the quests but I'd like to get the daily for the 1440 dilithium. in the meanwhile I'll gather some stuff for crafting. (I'm assuming I have access to the forge at Qo'nos.

If it comes at 20 I'll be patient. But it seems silly to leave the roms out on the dailies early on while the others aren't. Almost reminds me of the decision to not give the Klingons any content at launch.

Squadron 238
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Be sure to check again. I did it as a F-Rommie, by taking the mission "Strange New Worlds" from the same guy who normally gives it out. If you're not a F-Rom, then I'd like to hear from other K-Roms about it.
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok here is the issue.

If you pick KDF, you get patrols and what not in the Klingon sector. which is far far far away from any Romulan territory.

If you pick Feds then you get do Afehiir,Kazan etc which are in Romulan territory.

They need to add a Romulan version of those so that no matter who you are forced to ally with that you get content in Romulan areas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They should just let them do their allies dailies for now and spend some time getting it right for the roms. It would/could follow the New Romulus story line pretty well I'd think.

Squadron 238
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    greydog2 wrote: »
    They should just let them do their allies dailies for now and spend some time getting it right for the roms. It would/could follow the New Romulus story line pretty well I'd think.

I did do my ally's exploration daily, so I don't know why you can't. You should definately file a ticket because this sounds like a bug.
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did do my ally's exploration daily, so I don't know why you can't. You should definately file a ticket because this sounds like a bug.

You get the ones for Pi Canis - the Sorties but I dont believe there is an actual option for Killing Enemies for the Empire or what ever they are called.

I just know before the wipe i was fed and could fly into any nebula and get patrol missions.

As a Rom-KDF, I fly into nebulas and all I get are stupid anolmaly samples.

Its been a while since I was a low level KDF but I wonder if there is some actual officer you have to speak to first somewhere on Qonos or Ganalda.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited May 2013
    no they just show up in your available missions. I forget the contact name but theres nothing special you have to do to get them. I do believe they start as tutorial missions initially and then go into the repeatable daily ones.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know the KDF has their 4 exploration blocks and the mission "We need breathing room" which is the KDF version of the Fed one...but yeah, it sucks that the kdf are limited to just those 4 blocks while the feds have all but those 4 for exploration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I honestly don't think it matters how many blocks they have. Nobody likes doing exploration clusters anymore because it's the same missions no matter the zone.

Honestly, I wish they would get rid of Exploration Clusters and Deep Space Encounters for real exploration and real random encounters.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    My point in making this thread is that you need dilithium ..even for crafting. Atm roms are locked out of being able to collect it in every way except doff missions.

I don't really like the exploration in this game either but it is what it is ..and it's necessary if you like staying geared up at every level.

Squadron 238
  • Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    KDF Romulans can do the Pi Canis 'Way of the Warrior' dailies. Close to TD and quick.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was able to do the asteroid and an exploration with my lvl20 rom, but it was before the sever wipe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Like I said earlier, if it starts at 20 I'll have to be patient. But that won't do come launch.

Feds get to start them at 7 I think and I believe KDF got theirs moved up with the new content.

The devs are making the same mistake other expansions have had. ie ..WoWs last two expansions have given new races but made the quest line so long it takes you past the point where other races get to take part in other aspects of the game.

Right now the Romulan line is fun but it is the only line you get before 20 ...there is nothing else. No way to upgrade equipment outside of what is fed to you. Even at advanced settings the drops aren't filling the empty slots needed to stay at the top of your game. Heck, I must have died 5 times trying to kill the borg cube for the Tal'shiar.

I can gather resources and craft but I can't craft on level stuff because you need dilithium for the unreplicatable materials. I even went to the mining asteroid and bought a suit with the 100 I'd worked up from doff missions but couldn't mine because you need the quest to activate the nodes.

What I'm requesting is that roms get offered the quests at the same level their allies get offered them.

Squadron 238
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every day since I got to L11, I've done "Explore Strange new worlds". EVERY day. It's worked out quite well. I'd forgotten just how much variety there is to these missions. Some are very time-consuming and annoying, but then there's the one for scanning particle traces. yeah, there's a mission script where you fly around and scan 5 data traces then leave. :p

My favorite is the one for banishing Gorgans from a planet. :D No combat, and TWO maps to extract data samples from. :D

LEAST favorite is the one were you end up with this stupid--- script with enemies that spam aceton assimilators incessantly. Seriously.... the AI somehow many to get THREE into play simultaneously.....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg