test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

StoWiki

rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
If there is anyone around from the StoWiki site, you may want to check on it.

The site URL sto.gampedia.com is being blocked by content filtering as a sex site.

Just thought you ought to know, have been trying to get to it for the last week from work machine and keeps getting blocked.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    That's not the right link :) It's sto.gamepedia.com. Try that one.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    If there is anyone around from the StoWiki site, you may want to check on it.

The site URL sto.gampedia.com is being blocked by content filtering as a sex site.

Just thought you ought to know, have been trying to get to it for the last week from work machine and keeps getting blocked.

As Brandon said, you have the wrong link. You left out the "E" in 'gamepedia'. When going to the address you posted I get a white page with text that says "Gampedia is a free online gambling encyclopedia/guide........" (apparently they are in the process of re-designing the entire website:P) It's funny how leaving out a single letter in a website address can send you to a bad site. :D
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stowiki.org redirects to the new Curse(d) site.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aexrael wrote: »
    stowiki.org redirects to the new Curse(d) site.

Use the link that Brandon posted. I've had it bookmarked for a long time myself.
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use the link that Brandon posted. I've had it bookmarked for a long time myself.

It was to point out that the old URL still works. :rolleyes:
  • tinman56tinman56 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As Brandon said, you have the wrong link. You left out the "E" in 'gamepedia'. When going to the address you posted I get a white page with text that says "Gampedia is a free online gambling encyclopedia/guide........" (apparently they are in the process of re-designing the entire website:P) It's funny how leaving out a single letter in a website address can send you to a bad site. :D

A friend managed to stumple upon one "hotmale.com" while trying to check their emails.
    ===========
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah... Not the best signiture, but it's my first time using an advanced image editing program, so... woo!
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tinman56 wrote: »
    A friend managed to stumple upon one "hotmale.com" while trying to check their emails.

Right, "a friend"... :D:eek:
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • tinman56tinman56 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I am shocked and appalled by whatever it is that you are implying :P I don't even know that it exists, I've never been on. But now I must know whether it was truth or if they were just lying... oh nooo D:
    ===========
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah... Not the best signiture, but it's my first time using an advanced image editing program, so... woo!
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I did something stupid too, once - I just don't remember what mistake I made.
    I am shocked and appalled by whatever it is that you are implying :P I don't even know that it exists, I've never been on. But now I must know whether it was truth or if they were just lying... oh nooo D:

Yeah, sure you weren't... :rolleyes:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hotfiles.com used to be a competitor to download.com. hotfile.com, on the other hand, was a competitor to hotmale.com. I made that mistake quite a few times back in the 90's.

The URL the OP is using, though, isn't a sex site. It's a gambling wiki, which appears to have been offline for quite a while.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ooops.... :o

Well, that was embarrassing...

I have made the mental corrections necessary, and it appears to still be blocked. But my thinking is now along the lines of our content filter. Will need to look at that one.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Imagine your captain telling a computer to search for something and Roddenberry's voice starts reading out some erotica because the sonic detectors for the search querying were out of alignment. :D

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013

i hate when people create sites just waiting on a mistype so they can get an extra count and hence more money from it. bloody parasites :P.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK, just got this resolved...

Apparently the service my company uses for content filtering DID mis-categorize the site.

Thanks all.