test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Legacy of Romulus Uniform Feedback Thread

Comments

• scotttetriusscotttetrius Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been playing since i was invited to closed beta for the Romulans and I've noticed some things that i'd really think others would like added back as well.

1. I'd like to see more hair for males and more longer hair for females, such as the mohawk for both males and females, and possibly the rest of the long hair options for females. Plus my main Avatar Scott Tetrius, I would love to have the Fauxhawk for romulans :)

2. Possibly add the skirt that is shown when you have to choose a faction, i could not find the fed skirt when i was putting it on my female Romulan. Also please add the cool hair that the male Romulan for KDF has, its a cool new style and i believe everyone would like to see it there.

3. The turn rate for the Dhelan Warbird is slightly annoying when I've flown it haha.

4. I believe the way Veril had looked at the start of closed Beta was much better than how she looks after the tribble avatars got erased. (i miss my first romulan xD ) The way Reman females look now... looks like they are the morbid spawn of Voldemort! :)

5. I'd like to see the whole update go well, I've had fun playing to level 20 before Tribble live started and i really hope us closed beta testers get a little treat when it comes to Holodeck :) I am very glad that we finally have Romulans as a playable faction in our game and i look forward to the new and exciting up coming events and content that comes with the new seasons ahead!
    To the right, To the left, We will fight to the death! To the edge of the earth It's a brave new world... 30 STM
    Even at our most weakest, or how little we've lived or done. When we die our life is never without meaning.
    Scott Tetrius of the USS Cloudnyne, and Fleet Captain of Stonewall Fleet
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sythkainyn wrote: »
    Several of the belts and pouches clip rather noticeably with several of the shirts/tops. Actually I think all the belts except the male standard one did...

Please add more skirts for the Romulan faction females. (I didn't say women, because technically to be a man or a woman you have to be an adult Human of a particular gender (It's part of the definition of the word)...and they aren't humans. They're Romulans...)
    According to this site, the Rihansu words for woman (thus Romulan female) is nviahr, which I like a lot or kraeter. (For the record male is draes).
    Please add more of the nice new hairs with the nice textures that look more like hair, not that I dislike all the hairs that were there already... I like some of the short ones, close ones, and ponytails... Just that the new ones looked particularly hair like.
    I'll say again, more hair, and more hair for ALL!:cool:
    Please fix the makeup coloring (I only messed with coloring on the females...so I don't remember what the selection box is actually called) because it seems to be tied to the eye's iris color for some reason... and thank you for apparently fixing the annoying link between skin and eye 'whites' color box. It is possible an 'Alien' Species (the one named Alien, obviously...) only issue, I can't recall at the moment if I had the problem on the Reman (for makeup) or my boffs and orion (for the eye 'whites' on Holodeck).

I seem to recall that the makeup selection for female characters was separate from the skin gradient/aging of their skin now, if that's right. Thanks. It was annoying having it the same selector.
    I've always had issues with the makeup being so completely linked. Instead of having eyeshadow and lipstick and such separate, it's all lumped together. Rather unusual.
    While I would like to see more styles (especially non-uniform tops for both genders, and more skirts for the females) and have a personal dislike for extra pointy garments... I thought most of the Romulan uniform options were well done. Although some of the garments had unusual color selections...and seemed to not have certain colors available... like true reds (something that's always annoyed me on the ship color selections) and both silver and gold are hard to get looking 'right'.
    I've always been curious why there are color restrictions on pieces of clothing. Always seemed rather arbitrary to me. Is it an issue with rendering? And I'm looking forward to more uniform styles as they come down the line, and really hope that Cryptic will keep the clothing options coming, across all factions. But you can't go wrong with more skirts.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • sabremeister1sabremeister1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    • Why can't Remans wear ally-faction trousers?
    • There needs to be more consistency in what costume pieces are available on BOffs (ie. some only get one hip attach, some get a completely different item selection from others for the same piece), and the colour palette used for each item.
    • PLEASE stop locking the colours of some items with others (eg. wrist attach and belt). It makes it nigh impossible to customise the appearance of BOffs to exactly how we want them.
  • onlycoreonlycore Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mostly liking the uniforms a lot, however the presets are very limited and it would be nice as you unlocked the uniforms that new presets became available for them as well, personally I find it makes it easy to start at the default Romulan Republic uniform with the standard colors the npc's wear and then customize it too your own tastes rather than starting with the random civilian stuff and going from there, especially if you want your crew to all have a matching uniform.

one problem I did have however was the Reman head wear option I tried the hood on my Reman Boff and it ether clipped with most clothes or just didn't match at all the color was always off and the style didn't seem to match with anything I tried
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Several uniform pieces have Federation ranks attached (commander instead of sub commander , captain instead of Commander) this is shoulder pads

Some officers of equal rank have different options available??

also Remans can not wear the Klingon Armoured options (female reman I tried to give her body armour)
    presumably this is to avoid Reman cleavage scaring the vulcan ambassador (she doesn't HAVE cleavage she is Veril)

Can't get a decent purple either
    Live long and Prosper
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wilv wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more! I hate having to save my costume every single time I make a change because I can't just UNDO like I used to.

Well the load and save feature doesn't work either so no luck there either.

I've saved uniforms for both female and male Romulans, but then I load them and check the box to only load the uniform not the entire character it loads the entire character and only parts of the uniform. YAY, NOT :confused:
  • mattjcasemattjcase Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the uniforms however, the Republic Federation lower would not work on my Reman Bridge officer.
  • dkshadow9498dkshadow9498 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Out of curiosity, Fed aligned doesn't have access to the Tal Shiar chest gear? (The cross straps). The Klink char can wear it.
    VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
    USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
    VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
    LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
    LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
  • oclosoclos Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was wondering, I started the romulan campaign this past saturday. I selected survivor Romulan and colored it green and purple. I wanted to do some changes today, so i went to the tailor and all of a sudden, purple and all greens are misteriously absent. What gives? Bug or something? Obviously I dont care that much for appearence on Tribble, but you have to bring these back for Holodeck. It looked awesome.
    Adm. Necheyev didn't own ANY Starfleet ships. Starfleet did. Also she didn't make one bolt, connect a single wire, gelpack or device, or otherwise helped on making them. I find it presumptuous she claimed it was HER ships. In fact saying as much would probably warranty a reprimand from any of her superiors in Federation and possibly not participating in said actions as other superior personnel do, would in our days(2409 onwards) result in herself facing the same fate as what she has threatened, in that same penal colony.
  • tiezine1tiezine1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you in the beta and have you found a new uniform is clipping, tearing, incomplete, available on a weird species? Please leave feedback here!

I have a clipping issue using the Long Wavy hairstyle. At first I thought I was able to give my avatar platinum highlites LOL. Then I realized her ear was clipping through her hair on the left side of the head. Just a minor thing.
  • burkerussellburkerussell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It has always been a little weird applying a uniform that you created. I found it a little hard to assign the uniform to my character and ended up with dozens of saves when I only wanted one and couldn't apply it. I never gave me a purchase option which is weird since that doesn't necessarily mean apply to character.

I liked it over all, this part wasn't smooth however.
  • novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Palettes are still inconsistent between different costume pieces in the new LoR outfits. For example, the first bracer will display a "Romulan" limited palette, while the other will display an extended palette, making it difficult to make matching costumes.

Some costume pieces are even missing whole color selection options, such as the KDF Romulan uniform pants, which are missing at least one option so that the main color of the pants can be changed.
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love the Tal Shiar uniform - took a while to find the best grey since the colours from the previous uniform carried over but other than it's glorious. Will definitely be my crew uniform when I play it properly.
  • bluponyblupony Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am enjoying the update to the UI and its customizations. Your attention to detail in the Romulan Flotilla & HQ are also quite nice, I really appreciate the wide open spaces that give it an appealing feel. Ship selection to start seems pretty sparce but perhaps that is just for the Beta. All in all - you've rekindled my interest in spending some time in the game again!
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually have to chime in here... Why are the palettes so nonuniform? It feels inconvenient and... ...weird.

Even the black is either different or non existant. It suck. Black is my colour.
    /Floozy
  • hinoryuujinhinoryuujin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have noticed this to be especially troublesome with the skirts for the Female romulan civilian. I'll be walking around with her and suddenly I'll be seeing leg that should be covered by the skirt.
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand in real life different materials will have slightly different colorations to them, but the difference between the colors are completely off balance. The colors need to be uniform throughout the entire tailor. It doesn't matter if it's a klingon shirt, romulan pants and federation boots all on the same character, brown 1 should be brown 1 for all of them.

A romulan civilian vest, and tal shiar pants for example should be able to be color matched perfectly. The problem is a tan brown for the vest can end up being a very dark brown on pants. forget real world colorization issues and just normalize the entire thing so all palettes produce the sam results no matter fabric type.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • christopherchasechristopherchase Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I noticed a little bit of clipping between my female bridge officers' arms and the pouches on the Romulan Republic belts and chest gear. It was the most noticeable with the "feminine" stance.

Also, the color palettes are inconsistent.

Other than that, the Romulan Republic uniforms look great.

Formerly Christopher_Chase
    I've been here since Open Beta
  • mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I apologize if this has been asked before in this thread, but is there any chance of getting the hairstyle of the Rom-KDF guy on the ally select screen added? If not, can we get the Shaved Hawk style at least.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually have to chime in here... Why are the palettes so nonuniform? It feels inconvenient and... ...weird.

Even the black is either different or non existant. It suck. Black is my colour.
    Agreed. There should always be an option for a true black on every uniform piece. It's terribly difficult to find actual black on any uniform. Across the board. And the black on the winter jacket series, isn't as black as I would've expected. Still nice gear though.
    voicesdark wrote: »
    I understand in real life different materials will have slightly different colorations to them, but the difference between the colors are completely off balance. The colors need to be uniform throughout the entire tailor. It doesn't matter if it's a klingon shirt, romulan pants and federation boots all on the same character, brown 1 should be brown 1 for all of them.

A romulan civilian vest, and tal shiar pants for example should be able to be color matched perfectly. The problem is a tan brown for the vest can end up being a very dark brown on pants. forget real world colorization issues and just normalize the entire thing so all palettes produce the sam results no matter fabric type.

Please. Absolutely, this.

And once more, I must implore you. Give us access to all hair across the board. (Romulans and Vulcans should have the same hair options.)
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really dont like how after you pick an allience SOME items have a new an limited color palette. Its not only NEEDLESSLY restrictive but it also makes some items no longer co-ordinate.

So if you might have been using say purple or green or yellow or basically any color aside from dark blue and dark red those colors are no longer available to you and have been replaced by a smaller palette

There is nothing technical preventing us from having access to the original Romulan palette. We could do it two patches all. All our items used the same palette.

Like for my crew I had a color scheme worked out ranks and section. But then that became impossible to continue because we no longer had the same palette.

Some items have the orginal palette so you can color them how you wish when you start the game. Then once you get allied they are no longer available for some of those items.

Please make the full Romulan palette available for all tops and pants. Dont restrict us to simply red or blue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quarksquatludesquarksquatludes Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When you recieve the first two female bridge officers for legacy of romulas, during the tailor option there is a problem. When you pick hairstyle or eyebrows you get too many color boxes for those selections. Next when you select the Reman hood it alters the colors of the left wrist attachment as well as the tight pants/ survivor romulan 1 pants colors.
    edited May 2013
    Also someone was mentioning that reason some items are now missing is because boobies caused clipping. Many of us have male toons. I would really like to see some of the chest options return.

Over all the options were much cooler a couple of patches again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Of all the Klingon options to leave in --- Fur sleeves is an odd choice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sabremeister1sabremeister1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you try and create a uniform using the Off-Duty or Formal sets for a Romulan, your arms disappear (and in some cases, so does your body)
    edited May 2013
    Stippled pants are still not an option for Romulans.

Its a standard pant for both Fed and KDF and no reason we shouldnt have access to it as well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    the Romulan Klingon pants are listed as "tight" but they are actually knee high.

The bulky knees cause clipping issues with most boots.

The Romulan - Klingon boots are very wide at the top - to accomadate the bulky knee - so they dont work very well with most pants. you look like your shoes are 5 sizes too big.

at the very least the Romulan- Klingon pants need to be labeled knee high not tight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if this is the appropriate spot but I've been thinking about the Omega Rep...

Will Romulans be forced to wear the MACO or Honor Guard sets or will we have a more Romulan themed one.

Aside from simply the "look", it makes no sense that a Romulan would even be in the Honor Guard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dispiacere1dispiacere1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Completing "An Inside Job" I was given the chip but not the Tal Shiar uniform and now I can't get any Tal Shiar clothing. And, except for the rank insignia, I don't get any more clothing variations with rank promotions.
    I have a KDF-aligned subcommander (lvl 21).
    Am I missing something ?