test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Intro/Tutorials

ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
Feds still have the intro movie that explains what is going on (sorta), but I did not get it with romulans or KDF. It is very helpful for context, I feel it should be played for all of them. Its generic enough that it can be used without modification.

Also, the new voiceover work for the KDF and Romulan tutorials is outstanding, easily one of the best VO works in the whole game. The combination of subtle familiarity and professional delivery makes it very accessible, not easy to tune her out. It is unfortunate that this is not used in the Fed tutorials somehow, and it really should be leveraged. Even if you have to edit the tutorial a little bit to get some pieces of it. I see you already did some updates to the Fed tutorial so probly already thought about it and dismissed it for some reason, but it would be a big help.

Some of the Fed NPCs need to take a step back from the camera. Most noticeable was the USS Renown, I think I can see his nose hairs.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Feds still have the intro movie that explains what is going on (sorta), but I did not get it with romulans or KDF. It is very helpful for context, I feel it should be played for all of them. Its generic enough that it can be used without modification.
    After watching it again I'm rescinding this suggestion. In fact it should probably be removed from the game entirely.

First it states that Klingons are expanding into Romulan space, but this directly contradicts the Romulan storyline. The RR lays claim to New Romulus on the edge of Klingon space, and says this is because the Klingons havent laid claim to it. If the Klingons were expanding the empire (per the intro movie) then they would have laid claim to it and the RR would have been told to suck a gorn egg.

Really if the Klingons were trying to take advantage of an opportunity here (which they should) then the whole RR thing is just unbelievable (which it is).

Also the intro states that Romulans are trying to rebuild the empire. There are two major problems with this. First is that your new fiction says that the RSE is responsible for destroying the empire. "Trying to rebuild the empire" is a direct contradiction to that, and to the extent that they are trying to "build" anything it is not the old RSE. Second problem is that the RSE no longer even exists according to the groundwork fiction you are trying to retcon into place.

Given that there is too much development into the new romulan arc, easiest/cleanest fix here is to simply delete the old intro movie. Seems a shame, but you have no other option really.
  • goddessiscariotgoddessiscariot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The intro is very well put together, I understand what the prior posters are saying that there are a few confusing facts being stated, but even in the missions you carry out up to your chosing an alliance back whats going on.

1) The Klingons are expanding but do not have the resources to keep expanding because their resources are being spilt 3 ways, I will not go into to much detail over this because if will be a huge spoiler for KDF people still on the Episodes. Safe to say the Klingons are indeed expanding but there resources are being stretched thin, its a big galaxy its easy to miss one planet.

2) RSE was responsible for the empires fall but they did it so they could rebuild it in their personal re-imaging of what it should be, again there is a storyline going on here that you need to pay attention to, unfortunately you have to have done your Fed officer to at least Commander, then a KDF officer to at least Captain, and the Romulan to at least Centurian to start, key word start, to piece things together on what happened.

3) Overall the tutorial was excellent, I would say better than even the two established factions turtorials, that said I think it was well done and more helpful than not.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just so we're clear, the discussion in the 1st two posts is about the introduction movie that is played when you create a new FED character. That movie now contradicts with the new RR story arc.