test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Mission "Turnabout" Will not complete

hitherowhitherow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
This is the third time I've tried. So far, the mission brings up that you need to grab a rebreather. I don't know where you can get one of those.

Anyway. I've gone through the mission from the start, I even warped out and went back in. But when I reach the part where I need to stop the Elachi ship from self destructing. And each time i've gotten to the console and stopped it. Nothing happens.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cryptic Join Date: March 2010
"We will not go quietly into the night" ~Independence Day
Post edited by hitherow on

Comments

• Options
    jimtkirkjimtkirk Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I had the same problem. Very frustrating after going through the hordes of enemy just to have the end fail so miserably. I also wondered about the breather. Why tell us to equip something when it's not available to equip???????? GIVE US THE BREATHER!!!!
  • Options
    mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Verified Bug still exists after todays patch

Mission not completed

Stalls after clicking the console to Deactivate self destruct
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    You should be getting 5 rebreathers from completing The Best Defense. They may have unpacked into your device tray.
  • Options
    mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should be getting 5 rebreathers from completing The Best Defense. They may have unpacked into your device tray.

I dont even get the drop, it just stalls after clicking the console
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    admiralbrenanadmiralbrenan Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its the mission reward from best defense, not a drop in turnabout. you have to go back and play best defense first :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    For people having this issue, what class are you?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Rom-KDF allied engineer
  • Options
    daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Fed Allied Romulan Engineer.

Jolan'tru
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's only affecting engineers. We've found the bug and corrected it. Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Of course the people that actually mess with warp cores on a regular basis :)
  • Options
    daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I replayed the mission to get them... is that WAI? Shouldn't they be a 'mandatory' reward, instead of a choice?

• Options
    ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shutting down the auto-destruct will not complete
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mission still bugged.

Female Romulan Engineer aligned to KDF. Nothing happens when interacting to shut down the self destruct. Needs some love and attention from you DEVs to fix that part. I did get the rebreathers from completing the mission before this but one of my BOffs refuses to wear it and I have to manually make my character wear it by going in to the inventory clicking it and pick Use. Tried that with the BOff, didn't work. Might be he has one that is invisible, I don't know. The same BOff has KDF beam out/in FX.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mattachine wrote: »
    Mission still bugged.

Female Romulan Engineer aligned to KDF. Nothing happens when interacting to shut down the self destruct. Needs some love and attention from you DEVs to fix that part. I did get the rebreathers from completing the mission before this but one of my BOffs refuses to wear it and I have to manually make my character wear it by going in to the inventory clicking it and pick Use. Tried that with the BOff, didn't work. Might be he has one that is invisible, I don't know. The same BOff has KDF beam out/in FX.

Well, we fixed the bug but it hasnt been pushed to tribble yet. It will be in the next release.
  • Options
    eldritchoneldritchon Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ask4spock1 wrote: »
    Shutting down the auto-destruct will not complete
    Just reached that point and mission will not continue after shutting down the auto-destruct. Restarted game and still no change. Will try to drop the mission and see if that helps.
  • Options
    snakevorerulessnakevorerules Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guess we gotta wait ofr next patch
  • Options
    dukhatnaranekdukhatnaranek Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, we fixed the bug but it hasnt been pushed to tribble yet. It will be in the next release.

So with today's downtime the update wasn't pushed out? So the folks testing can't play the mission and move on in the story?
  • Options
    cryolordcryolord Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rom Fed Engineer. Third try now. First crewmember got stuck in the wall, made me restart ground mission from beginning, now the console to stop self destruct doesn't trigger.
  • Options
    argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2013

hey salami, seeing as there's no real way of private-messaging a dev, i would like to make a suggestion regarding the rebreathers that are rewarded in Best Defense; can you make them a given reward for the first playthrough, as in you always collect them on the first runthrough, then have them as an optional reward on subsequent playthroughs? that way, when Turnabout references the rebreathers, you aren't left wondering "what the hell are they talking about?"

even easier would be to make the rebreathers accessible from ship replicator facilities, and then have Turnabout reference the ship replicator as the source for the rebreathers, just like borg missions reference this for the remodulators
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nassirisnassiris Member Posts: 111
    edited May 2013

I have this trouble, I am an Engineer.
  • Options
    warhammeredwarhammered Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Made a bug report for this yesterday.
    Romulan-Male Fed aligned Engineer. I even reset the mission today, to see if it was just not updated yet. Still won't complete the self destruct abort.

Obviously it's not fixed.