test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bug Reports: "Bigger Picture" through "Smash and Grab"

clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
"Bigger Picture:" 'Vanishing Point' through Close

Once again, there is a kind of very fast screen blank-out following each cut-scene in the sequence aboard the derelict Cardassian ship. While this causes only the briefest of inconveniences, I have noticed that the controls and graphics/sounds are a little laggy for several minutes afterward. One thing quite inconvenient during this lag is that the dialogue boxes don't respond smoothly, sometimes not at all. So, when confronting the Cardassians, I had to eventually click the 'X' at the top right to close the window and allow the sequence to move forward. Several of the weapons were also slow to respond, as if the buttons had not been clicked. This does clear up eventually, but it takes place at times wherein faster response is important or, at least, would make things flow better.

At the end of the sequence, we are told to "...go to the Mempa System" and from there, follow the True Way ships. Only problem here is - WE ARE ALREADY IN THE MEMPA SYSTEM at this point and, in fact, have just finished our business there...

"Smash and Grab"

In the sequences wherein we board the transports we have disabled, we beam to Transport #2 and encounter heavy Cardassian resistance. Not a problem, general, but I suddenly realized I had no back-up! Why? Because my BOffs did not transport with me! I had to die and re-spawn to get them to appear! They also have a tendency to stay static for a bit too long after transporting to Transport #3 - I was halfway up the corridor before the finally started following me!
366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Post edited by clannmac on

Comments

• Options
    sid724sid724 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After finishing theVanishing Point part of the Bigger Picture mission in the Mempha system, you get Subcommander Nadel telling us to travel out of the Dewa sector and travel to the Mempha system in the Pi Canis sector. This is the same message that appeared at the beginning of the mission.

I believe the pop up supposed to direcct us to click on the map icon and select the arrow tab for the Eta Erandi to travel through the Pi Canis sectorand get to the Eta Erandi sectror. Its part of several pop ups on how to travel around the different sectors when you are allied to the Klingons.

Well, well...as you enter the Eta Erandi sector - the pop up that should have appeared at the end of the Vanishing point appears (again too late). This pop up now tells us to navigate to the Eta Erandi sector - problem is we just did that and we have just arrived in the Eta Erandi sector.

These pop ups are out of place.

Fortunately the Mission Tracker on the UI tells us (correctly) to go to the Donatu II system to continue the "Bigger Picture" mission, and the rest of the mission is fine.
  • Options
    hyoukihyouki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clannmac wrote: »
    "Bigger Picture:" 'Vanishing Point' through Close

Once again, there is a kind of very fast screen blank-out following each cut-scene in the sequence aboard the derelict Cardassian ship. While this causes only the briefest of inconveniences, I have noticed that the controls and graphics/sounds are a little laggy for several minutes afterward. One thing quite inconvenient during this lag is that the dialogue boxes don't respond smoothly, sometimes not at all. So, when confronting the Cardassians, I had to eventually click the 'X' at the top right to close the window and allow the sequence to move forward. Several of the weapons were also slow to respond, as if the buttons had not been clicked. This does clear up eventually, but it takes place at times wherein faster response is important or, at least, would make things flow better.

At the end of the sequence, we are told to "...go to the Mempa System" and from there, follow the True Way ships. Only problem here is - WE ARE ALREADY IN THE MEMPA SYSTEM at this point and, in fact, have just finished our business there...

While in Mempa, because Tovan was saying it was a bad idea to hang out in the system and get spot, I went ahead and cloaked. Cloak did not break when scanning the Cardassian ship, did not break when Tovan talked to me...or when we beamed over. My captain was "cloaked" throughout the cutscene (although Tovan was normal), and when I got back to the ship the ship was still cloaked...and somehow detected by the Cardassians...and hailed...and attacked...or rather, I would have been attacked, but I was STILL cloaked. The mission doesn't seem to take into account that some of us are really sneaksy, apparently. So sneaksy my captain keeps HIMSELF cloaked. Yeah.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,408 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I uncloaked before surveying the Cardassian ship. Now I wish I'd stayed cloaked - that sounds awesome! I hope they don't get around to fixing that bug... :)

Yeah, had the same thing at the end of the Mempa system. And I got a communique from the subcommander telling me to go to Eta Eridani - right after I warped into Eta Eridani. Apparently, her approach to command is the same as my approach to training cats, that is to say only issue orders they're going to follow anyway.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    alcmaeonidaealcmaeonidae Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Commander Nadel appeared after I scuttled the derelict Cardassian ship in the Mempa system, and told me to go to the Pi Canis sector. I'm already there. This bug hasn't been fixed yet.