test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Test Sever feedback legacy of Romulus

captainjohnalphacaptainjohnalpha Member Posts: 31 Arc User
Far as I can tell there are no bugs or lags in the game, the walls, people and all of the objects
are highly detailed:) I especially liked the singularity in engineering the animation of it was smooth and fluent, and the animation of the screens and consoles popping up when you enter in your ready room was really cool, I also liked that the pop up dialog when you talked to someone and it has the background of where ever there are:) I also liked that you brought back the foot step SFX of when your walking around, on my FED and KDF I couldn't hear a thing I didn't know if I was hovering while i'm walking or it was just a Bug, so I liked that you bright that back. You really did a good job on this Cryptic!!!!:) THANKS!
Post edited by captainjohnalpha on

Comments

• Options
    darinjaneczkodarinjaneczko Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The LoR improvements to the graphics are far out. I notice my laptop is running much cooler after the second patch I downloaded this weekend. I'm looking forward to getting a warp core on my main character to see what kind of improvements it makes. Also looking forward to the Nukara content.

No issues or criticisms. Very good job!
  • Options
    wolfdog14wolfdog14 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After doing both testing I have to raise a few points. Graphics are the dogs parts just astonishing, hopefully the rest of holodeck gets these. The queuing onto Tribble was painful and confusing but as known issues I hope you will make it simpler to understand. A few disconnections when map moving are annoying but safe logging resolved that. Overall very much impressed with everything, just hoping when live day comes around server stability will be much better.
    Live long and prosper
  • Options
    blairmarshallblairmarshall Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just got done playing LOR. I must say very nice. Had a little server trouble. But it was worth it. The gravics were awesome and the characters great! thank you had a very fun time:)
  • Options
    spenitaz9450spenitaz9450 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The graphic improvements are astonishing. And they improved them thru out the game not just a new content. Romulan story arc to Lvl 10 was great. Can't wait for launch
  • Options
    sewerrat13sewerrat13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't try the Romulan side. Started a Lvl 1 KDF. The new stories are fantanstic. The way they merge them to fit into existing missions is amazing. First City looks new and fresh.

And a I LOVE "Punch the Ferengi"
  • Options
    pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was member of Closed Beta so decided to try KDF with this open beta:

I too, loved the way they weaved the new low level missions into the existing ones. It flowed very well.

The Disruptor pistol on my hip DOES NOT look like the one I bought from Vendor. Give us back our "klingon" looking disruptor pistols.

And +100 on the HUD/UI Color Scheme. I can finally play my Klink for over 30 mins without getting a raging Headache. Gonna be spending a lot more time on Qo'noS.

And yes "PUNCH THE FERENGI" I love it. As a matter of fact, it should be an option for all factions that when ever they come across a Ferengi that PUNCHING them is an option.
  • Options
    kargandarrkargandarr Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only problem that I see is that only ten levels of the Romulan missions are visible. On the closed beta, I could see all of the available missions, including those not accessible at the time. Now, though, I can only see those first ten levels worth on one tab with none of the others visible.
  • Options
    kobimokobimo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After talking to both Capt. Harvson and Brig. General G'dan the optional mission did not update as being completed. After talking with Sub Commander Nadel, this main mission updated.
  • Options
    sasdeansasdean Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Devs:

Loved the level of voiceovers (VOs) but at certain points VOs failed or were not a part of the story by inadvertence.

I also only played once, but I assume that the content would be the same. I did not see a point where a Rolmulan would side with the Federation. It is clear that you fight the Tal Shiar with the Klingons, but where does a Romulan interact in a meaningful way with the Federaltion except for talking to two Fed ambassadors? Where would the Romulan player want to side with the Federation where one ambassador actively distrusts/hates the Romulans (T'Nae SP?) and one bores you to death (Shuguro SP?)? My suggestion is that the storyline be altered to work with Fed characters in a positive light, perhaps to fix sabotaged environmental controls or something similar to balance out the scenario.

Overall, I think you all have done a superb job in crafting this expansion and, as a lifetime subscriber, I am happy with my investment. Keep up the good work!

Kindest regards,

Sasdean:)
  • Options
    temerarioustemerarious Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So far I have only gotten my Romulan toon to level 8, but I am really enjoying the storyline. It moves like gangbusters without being too overwhelming. It has a taste of a political thriller mixed with a type of Rebellion flavor. I think once this opens on the main server, I will be having a Romulan for a primary toon.

The graphics are outstanding, the new layout is fantastic, and so far my 11 year old is having a good time and has no difficulty with it.

You all did an absolute wonderful job on getting this together.

Raschen
    U.S.S. Runnymede
    Enforcer Battle Group
  • Options
    ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I only had two things that could be considered bugs in the game.

In battling the Tal Shiar Warbird before joining the Republic, My hull went all the way to 0% and I did not explode and respawn. It stayed there being fired upon for at least 3 minutes and then progressed the storyline.

Second, during one of my interactions with the starship tailor, it played the voiceover and showed the ship background, but the Romulan NPC did not appear in the Dialog box.
  • Options
    lobstercatlobstercat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only mistake I detected during the Beta Test was when the tutorial on the cloak was given they said that it has a cloak etc and during battle you cant cloak. Its a batlle cloak which allows cloaking at your risk during battle.

Other than that I am impressed with the Romulan storyline so far
  • Options
    aelarthaelarth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Main issue I've found is that the armor does not show on the romulan bridge officers and the romulan character. Other than that, this is a great update!
  • Options
    wolfdog14wolfdog14 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wolfdog14 wrote: »
    After doing both testing I have to raise a few points. Graphics are the dogs parts just astonishing, hopefully the rest of holodeck gets these. The queuing onto Tribble was painful and confusing but as known issues I hope you will make it simpler to understand. A few disconnections when map moving are annoying but safe logging resolved that. Overall very much impressed with everything, just hoping when live day comes around server stability will be much better.
    Live long and prosper

I would like to also add that I found starfleet dressed npc's on the bridge and the ability to give feedback function on the test server was unavailable. I hope that this means I don't get the rewards by posting here.
  • Options
    jtcrockjtcrock Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Had an issue with being removed from PVE's because of not being in a group. I would sign in to a PVE on my Romulan character and would get transported to the PVE then get removed in 5 seconds ? Also 1 long standing issue that really irritates me is stopping at every Sector portal along the way to a set destination, that is I click on a destination and my officers will stop at every portal along the way and ask me if I'm ready to warp even tho I never even hinted at such a destination>.<,gotta say I love the new content tho and for the most part things seem to be moving along nicely ^_^
    :) I'm Doing Pretty Good.......but i'll get over that
  • Options
    damiyndamiyn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was finally able to log into the test server today and I have to say that I was astonished at all of the new changes. I absolutely love the new interface and the abilities of the Romulan ships. I also like the fact that not only can you increase your skill as before, but you can choose your character traits as the game progresses. There are a few minor bugs, but, all in all, I was utterly impressed. On a personal note, I would like to see a Scimitar class ship offered as well as the mining Narada (I believe) class from the Star Trek movie. I think that these 2 classes would be a great addition to the game.
  • Options
    labtinnionlabtinnion Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sasdean wrote: »
    Loved the level of voiceovers (VOs) but at certain points VOs failed or were not a part of the story by inadvertence.

I noticed this same problem. I also noticed that there were weird artifacts that appeared during transitions. After the transition countdown, other parts of the set and NPC characters would appear for a second before it resolved to my character and location. I loved most of the new look and feel of the game and the responsiveness of the UI, though the new character creation layout was annoying.

I wish that more could be done to make the Romulan faction more ROMULAN. You could pretty much copy the entire storyline word for word and action for action and set it on a human colony world with Starfleet ships and sets. Still, to be fair, there was never much in any of the various series or movies that established Romulans in any distinctively alien way either.

All that aside, I like the new content and the direction the game is headed. Good work guys.
    STAR TREK ONLINE Our ongoing Mission:
    --> To constantly seek better ships
    --> To acquire and upgrade bigger weapons
    --> To boldly grind what everyone has ground before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tachitrotachitro Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think everyone else has pretty much said it, all I can say is that I'm nit picking now.

if you increase the green border intensity on the HUD items, increase the intensity of the angled edges and in fact added angled edges to the icons themselves, it would add to the effect of the display
  • Options
    captaindsterlingcaptaindsterling Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I can say is incredible...absolutely incredible!! I love where this is going. :)
  • Options
    desbanedesbane Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So far I love everything about this new expansion. Don't know if it was there before but the ability to make ground combat almost first person was fanatastic, it put a new light on ground combat for me. The graphics were smooth crisp and brilliant. The one issue I do have is the lack of ship variation. This is a very minor issue and would still play no matter what. I do like the ability to join you side once you get to a certain point in the story. All in all keep up the good work this exspansion is awesome.
  • Options
    captryhnercaptryhner Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also found very little issues myself. The only thing is maybe an easier way to find how to turn of the pop-up help tips. I haven't found an option for that.

The only issues I found were on Nimbus with my Bridge officer going crazy and running off in certain areas. One of the Orion Make Shift prison. at the end where there is the ramp up to continue the mission, my people would go after the Orions in the cell just below and putting them on passive wouldn't get them to come back. The other are was in Gorn Canyon. They would go crazy with those guys on the high up ledges chucking rocks. I think one got stuck in a wall and two of my guys wouldn't stop trying to kill it.

Other than that, the costume load feature seems a bit buggy. Sometimes it won't load the outfit in it's entirety. It won't load the colours. Also noticed some of my older saves sometimes wouldn't show up for a full load, only for costume only. But yet they are all saved from the same character type. Romulan Female.
  • Options
    universewandereruniversewanderer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is the point of picking the Federation or the Klingons as an ally when the only difference between them is the space and ground weapons you get after making your choice?
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is the point of picking the Federation or the Klingons as an ally when the only difference between them is the space and ground weapons you get after making your choice?

It's a bit more than that. Once you pick your ally you can join up with fleets on that side and participate in the starbase system. You also get access to that factions pve/pvp queues. You can use that faction's ships up to T4 if you want to. The nifty faction oriented uniforms are a bonus too.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    tmantuckertmantucker Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In creating a new character I changed many of the key binds to a configuration I am more used to. When I reached the part of the tutorial where shooter mode is introduced, the movement keys for shooter mode where automatically switched back to default. I think it would also be helpful to be able to save the key binds and load them up for a other characters. If that is already a feature then I must have missed it.
  • Options
    talsinaartalsinaar Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok you have theability to be 3 officer types ... when you get to choose a faction you arent able to buy the fed (possibly same for KDF) ships without dilithium but only get to choose a romulan ship. nothing wrong there cept the ship isnt much for a science or engineer class ..

a suggestion you might wanna do for future is maybe impliment a way for one to make modifications and combine ship parts from other classses making a more unique ship and not a run of the mill factory copy that one outa 100 captains will have. also maybe to cut down on ships in a captains inventory selection maybe allow ship upgrades per part buy allow a ship captain say use credits and dilithium (not alot since doing this would be every so often) to add a console and fore/aft weapon slots, also allow them to increase their main ship parts (deflectors, engines and shields, and the new warpcore-singularity and the KDF version) same way. instead of having so many things lessen the strain on server data storage and see where you can make things more streamlined. i think starfleet command allowed you to upgrade your ship without having to actually change a new ship every time you lvled or was able to get an upgrade. :o

and since i know the game is also about paying your bills, developers, etc the way you can seel things is in packages liek saucer packs, nacelles, etc of certain types ... but i do think mixing faction swouldnt work ship wise but i know i would like to have more then say 3 model skins available for romulan ships, and kdf ships are limited as well in that aspect, (though awesome designs) i feel the characters get more customization ability then the ships, :D

the game itself has a stable thing i think the only issue i have had both on tribble and holodeck has been mouse issues (being able to click once or twice) ... but i have had to click multiple times or just give in and use arrows and F key to make a choice. the rest of the improvements actually i think have made the game smoother and allowed me to over time increase more and more on my graphic selections without crashing or overheating and lagging my system. so whatever is being done there i agree with alot of the previous posts keep doing what your doing and move forward. and do hope or would like to see a controller diagram thing that would make setting up my xbox controller to be able to use when moving and fighting both in ground and space. kinda simplify it there, your controller instructions read like a foriegn language. :)

i run the game on a sattelite a665 amd quad core and ati hd 4200 mobile graphics card with 4g ram and it plays nicely after tweeking ... tribble has probly no glitches, or graphical rips or what ever it would be called

so keep up good work