test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Misson Turnabout, can't stop self destruct

olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 36 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
Title says it all really. In the mission I go through the ship freeing people and using the computer. I get to the last stage where you need to stop the self destruct, clear the room of enemies, use the console and nothing. No other consoles activate, mission doesn't progress. I've tried beaming out and doing the whole ground part again but same thing. Am I missing something?
Post edited by olocancom#0595 on

Comments

• ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've got the same problem. Made it all the way through the mission, killed all the enemies. Waited for the Red Alert to fade. Clicked on the stop self destruct, and it fails to update at all. Beamed out, started the mission again. Exact same problem.

KDF-Romulan Engineer
  • xenosisukxenosisuk Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here

Fed Aligned Romulan Engineer

Ran the mission twice, by beaming out and back in again. same issue.

question How does my Character know the Alien language and what buttons to press :D
  • xenosisukxenosisuk Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same Problem here

oh and guess what the in-game Bug reporting is NOT working again.

Fed Aligned Romulan Engineer, lv33 now

(tried this mission 3 times now, same result)

Yes I know this post is identical to another I just made, but the issue is effecting more than just 3 players, so combine the two or something.
  • dllmmodllmmo Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm.
    Did this as a KDF aligned SCI officer and had no issue. So as you all are Engineers, that could be the issue maybe?
  • eldritchoneldritchon Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here. Tried dropping the mission and it did not help. Toon is a Klingon allied engineer.
  • argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fed-allied engineer.....possible connection then, if what the sci-guy said is true?

make it to the end, self-destruct does not cease, my whole team blows up in a fiery explosion (made up that last part)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wesleypicardwesleypicard Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fed-Allied Romulan Engineer and i'm having the same problem.
  • kokushibyokokushibyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    KDF Engineer, same problem. Interesting...
  • emmmamirabeauemmmamirabeau Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mission works fine I have a KDF Aligned Romulan and got through it fine dont know why ya'll are having trouble.
    edited May 2013
    Mission works fine I have a KDF Aligned Romulan and got through it fine dont know why ya'll are having trouble.

we are having trouble because we reach the end, interact with the console, but it doesn't trip the mission
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crushedcrushed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    engineer romulan/fed same issue
    Join Today! Click Below.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Decloak and Destroy!!
  • drasymdrasym Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rom, kdf aligned eng, same problem, ran the quest 2x no update after interacting with the console
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited May 2013
    same problem here

ironic its the engineers that cant solve the engineering problem
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add my KDF allied Eng to the list of failed attempts to stop the self-destruct :o
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fed rom Eng same thing :( and even beamed out and in and drop it and still same thing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • drakez12drakez12 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fed-Romulan Eng, same prob, ran it four times, dropped the mission and picked it up and ran it that way four times, tried to report as a bug but got nothing.
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    Here here

Romulan/Engineer

Ran the mission twice, by beaming out and back in again.

Nothing
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Turnabout is bugged for Rom Engineers regardless of who your ally is. There is a fix and it'll be implemented in the next patch.

The mission works fine if you are a Romulan Tactical character or a Science character.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • topman112topman112 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem I did what it said and nothing happen.
    edited May 2013
    Turnabout is bugged for Rom Engineers regardless of who your ally is. There is a fix and it'll be implemented in the next patch.

The mission works fine if you are a Romulan Tactical character or a Science character.

who said it would be in the next patch? link please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    another game stopping bug this is the third one so far, I know this is what beta testing is for to find the bugs but ya think q&a would had tested for game stoping bugs before putting the game out lol.
  • xantarsxantars Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fed Engineer asl had the same problem.. Aslo were are the rebreathers for this mission. so your not chocking on the gass all the time
  • maxworf56maxworf56 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fed-Allied Romulan Engineer and i'm having the same problem.
  • drasymdrasym Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    another game stopping bug this is the third one so far, I know this is what beta testing is for to find the bugs but ya think q&a would had tested for game stoping bugs before putting the game out lol.

This bug seems to be related only to romulan engineers, to test every quest with every possible race/class combo to check for any possible bugs would take an army of testers.. oh wait.. that's us...

To put it another way, if they could test every possible scenario themselves they wouldn't need you... so try not to complain yourself out of the Tribble server... ok?
  • miksalotmiksalot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    KDF Rom Engineer. Same problem. It looks like this is just engineers then.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    argent007 wrote: »
    who said it would be in the next patch? link please
    Quote of the message:
    Well, we fixed the bug but it hasnt been pushed to tribble yet. It will be in the next release.

Link to post: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9838651&postcount=15
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
    edited May 2013
    xantars wrote: »
    Fed Engineer asl had the same problem.. Aslo were are the rebreathers for this mission. so your not chocking on the gass all the time

they're a reward OPTION in the previous mission, Best Defense...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drasym wrote: »
    This bug seems to be related only to romulan engineers, to test every quest with every possible race/class combo to check for any possible bugs would take an army of testers.. oh wait.. that's us... ..
    Its related only to SOME Romulan Engineers, as I ran my Fed allied Romulan through that episode without any problem (except for some BOs getting lost or entangled with equipment) last evening...

(And if you were a professional software engineer, you would know that intermittent 'features' are real hair pullers, and are difficult to track down. I the issue Server related? or Client related? Possible race condition that only occurs within specific timing events???)