edited May 2013
    nuff said.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lock onto Neverwinter!
    Prepare Quantum Torpedos!
    Attack Pattern Shon 3!
    Engage!
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • rfzanderrfzander Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems that Tribbles have gotten into the network hardware at our data center, and all Cryptic games and services are affected. We have Engineers on site who are working to.. well... remove the Tribbles ;) Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

The first few times this week that this happened I would and did have no issue accepting Cryptics apology Brandon. However this has just become asinine. I feel that it is time for cryptic to show how sorry they are for not providing a stable experiance.
  • boyscout1971boyscout1971 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good luck sampa4 there's a queue a mile long plus on Tribble
  • sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darien99 wrote: »
    "We're smart. We look for things to make games go." -Cryptic

I lol'd. :D
  • risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a paying member of STO and been playing since Season 3, I only have the following to say.

GET NEVERWINTER OFF OUR FREAKING SERVER!!!

Within the past two weeks the server for Cryptic games has been down for 3+ times due to the game and the amount of players logging in for the Open Beta. And if you don't think this will continue after the release of LoR, you are WRONG. As shown with the Anniversary event, your servers are unable to cope with the large amount of players that usually login for the special events. Adding in another game only compounds the problem.

With the way I see it, you have two choices, either increase the # of servers you are currently operating to handle double (even, *gasp* Triple) the NORMAL number of players or starting losing money because people are fed up with the outages/massive lag times/random disconnects for no reason/or various other reasons.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • snakevorerulessnakevorerules Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    using virgin cell phone service is like trusting a ferengi with your wallet
    No I do not have my cell with Virgin Mobile anymore. I did not like their service.
  • pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deadherald wrote: »
    My patience is running out....rapidly.

Regain your patience by doing something else, ffs. There are plenty of other games out there, there's a ton of stuff you could be doing besides getting cranky every time this happens.
  • johnharrisonloljohnharrisonlol Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    totenmet wrote: »
    Which Private Investigation bureau is currently investigating wht is going on, if I may ask ...

Frankly it needs to be the Better business bureau on these guys!
  • bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you idiots!!! i'm being eating bt borg zombies right now and its PWEs fault!
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server administration should take Scotty's advice:

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • timberskyetimberskye Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, so the dev's knew that many people were waiting for Tribble test weedend to come. So, why the heck did they not prepare better and have extra servers waiting and ready for the mass of players that are playing on it this weekend? That to me is just ridiculous that you would only allow so many players on at a time. You advertisered all about playing a romulon and reman; so why did you not have yourself better prepared? I had over a 45min wait to get on to the server and then after an hour of playing, the server crashed and now I can not even get online. It appears that the servers have all went down for most all of cryptics games. Again this brings up the question as to why crypritc and perfect world were not better prepared after all there advertising they put out there about playing the new characters. They should have realized that this weekend was going to put a big pull on there servers and had more servers and things prepared. I am very disappointed and disheartened to continually see that cryptic and perfect world still after so many times of fixing things that they have not figured out what they need to do. Very disappointed in this weekend testing, very disappointed.
  • deadheralddeadherald Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regain your patience by doing something else, ffs. There are plenty of other games out there, there's a ton of stuff you could be doing besides getting cranky every time this happens.

It shouldn't be happening this bloody often.
  • kane53kane53 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    keeps getting failed to connect with a unknown issue is the tribble test server down or is it laggin so bad that i cant connect
  • silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited May 2013
    other topic got closed.
  • zokiro12zokiro12 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For some reason I can't get onto STO today. I'm trying to get into the launcher, but all I get is a window saying: 'Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 2 times.' Each time it's done this, it's given me a connection error, save for one point where the launcher's window opened but the screen itself was white. Does anyone have any clue what's happening here? And if so, how can I get around this issue?
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THe thread we were told by the mods to post in, they then closed... just thought to point that out. But if you were making a point, please leave it closed
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Closed the wrong thread. I lolled.

I went Pay as you go with them, and they were still bad. (With Virgin)
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • thomasv6545thomasv6545 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meh im bored now
    one may not always recieve what one expected
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How long has it been down this time?

I am truly amazed by the level of incompetence Cryptic displays regarding their server maintenance.
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've come back from a hiatus, and now trying to get back into the game to reaquire the controls and stuff for LoR.

However, it seems all of the fleet events I've entered today it's been down to just me, or another person several times. I was pleasantly surprised to see the fleet mark rate has been tremendously increased (:D thanks!)

All was going well.

Untill...

Why the f*** is everyone bailing all of a sudden?! I had one game where people predicted what the oppenent was going to be, and when it wasn't the Borg, three of them left!?! leaving me and some poor Lt.Commander fending for ourselves. Most other times people just left un-announced.

I don't understand, surely these people now miss out on the marks, and get themselves a leavers penalty? Hell, this is worse than AFK'rs because atleast AFK'rs are targets.

At first i thought it was because of 'noob teams' but one time i joined, everyone was in capable ships (I was in a dred, but optimized for support and i wasn't using rainbow beams or anything like that)

Is this happening to anyone else or have i just had a really unlucky day?
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    confirmed its down
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Closing this. We don't really allow petition/vote threads like this; if you want to have a substantive discussion, please feel free to join this thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=668351

thanks,
    syberghost
    Community Moderator

Ooops; puff puff pass
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Closed the wrong thread. I lolled.

:)

That's what happens when Brandon and I step on each other. :)
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It looks like the mod accidentally closed the wrong thread. Chill out, it'll be reopened. There was NO NEED to make this thread.

QQ some more somewhere else, preferably offline :P

P.S - inb4merge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • kesak13kesak13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THe thread we were told by the mods to post in, they then closed... just thought to point that out. But if you were making a point, please leave it closed

yeah the link also leads to the closed thread.
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm guessing there are frantic phonecalls to PWE HQ asking for Cryptic to take the servers down for 24 hours to fix these problems.... Computer says 'No.'....
  • superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Seems like a mod closed one of the joined threads, thus closing all of the merged ones. Silly thing to do when the Community is PO'ed about the Downtime of the servers.

Poking the fire?
  • rarmstormrarmstorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Community manager Head is crashed.
    A team is investigating..... :D
    STO isn't working at least feed the trolls for make time pass :P
  • chevy7189chevy7189 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic Studios Inc
    1640 S Sepulveda Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025
    (424) 208-8380
This discussion has been closed.