test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lack of Romulan DOFFs

valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
Since nearly everything were we get DOFFs from (DOFF Packs, Exchanges, DOFF Commendation Advancment Vendor) only grants non Romulan DOFFS what about a Temporary (make it a event or something) price Reduction at the DOFF Grinder until that Problem is solved?
5k Dilithium at ~120Dil per Zen is a bit too much for a Romulan Biologist, Geologist, Botanist or Barkeeper.

I want my warbird staffed with Romulans, not Klinks or Hew-mons.

[Edit]: Or make an event for the Reputation tab, like "drop 5 rare/uncommon/common, xk dil and x lockboxes (to keep the conversion in reasonable numbers/or a timer instead) for a VR/R/U Romulan DOFF"
Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that price at the upgrinder (no matter which one) is a constant PITA and has persuaded most of the DOFFJOBS channel users to just ignore that option completely.

It is now considdered better to just sell you DOffs on the exchange and buy the Purples you want directly instead.
    You skip the useless Bartenders and SCI DOffs that way and actually get what you want.

Until there are enough Romulan and Reman DOffs on the exchange to fill the need of a whole new Faction will take a while.

So yepp i totally predict a shortage and jacked up pricetags for Romulans and Remans for the next months to come unless there are some proper Romulan DOff assignments that hand out purples, like the Officer Exchanges from the Dominion Series Missions for example.

I don't have any metrics on the usage of the Upgrinder but the general consensus when i ask around in the DOFFJOBS channel is that its too expensive to be considered fair pricing (and the guys in the channel are not using such polite wording).
    I would be VERY surprised if Cryptics numbers (if they have any) say something else than very low usage since that change was made.

IMHO they overcompensated.
    Yes the option was a bit on the cheap end, but now it is not affordable anymore.
    We only can earn 8000 a day per character that puts a huge bottleneck on that process and requires a lot of work for even ONE upgrade... only to get a purple Bartender... or Councelor... nope.

I even wanted to go for a full Orion and a full Gorn crew on 2 of my KDF Characters, but since that change i scratched that idea.

Not to mention that this is only from 5 blue to one purple, not counting the white to green and green to blue upgrinding process that has to be run multiple times to even get to one purple if you are using this option exclusively to get your purples you will have a bad time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    ...So yepp i totally predict a shortage and jacked up pricetags for Romulans and Remans for the next months to come unless there are some proper Romulan DOff assignments that hand out purples, like the Officer Exchanges from the Dominion Series Missions for example.

I hope we will see those soon, if they are on tribble i have missed them, currently the only way we can get purples is: 1) Doff Recritment Packs 2)Doff Recruitment missions on New Romulus, both with a chance of 1 in a million, 3) Level Up Packs (slim chance) and 4)Questrewards (i have seen one purple romulan DOFF so far in a mission).
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THere was a dev blog entry in the last week that they are adding someone at the Romulan command that will give access to faction-based DOFFs normally. The all-alliance handouts are a placeholder.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
    edited May 2013
    BTw: The DOFF Commendation Overlay for KDF-Romulans is still the Federation one (it's just the visual showing Diplomacy, CXP gained is marauding, the rewards for marauding ranks are also granted correctly) .

THere was a dev blog entry in the last week that they are adding someone at the Romulan command that will give access to faction-based DOFFs normally. The all-alliance handouts are a placeholder.

This one? can't find the CXP rank rewards you mentioned.
    How are Romulan Republic Duty Officers different from those available to Federation and Klingon Defense Force?

Romulan Republic Captains are the only characters that can recruit Romulan and Reman species duty officers. While these species are occasionally seen serving aboard Federation or Klingon vessels, obtaining those particular officers requires meeting a series of difficult assignment requirements, obtaining them from rare packs, or purchasing them from players that have done so.

Additionally, Romulan Republic Duty Officers display a separate rank system and a different item overlay than their Federation and Klingon counterparts.

Although these Duty Officers can be traded freely, they may only be used by Romulan Republic Captains.

How do Romulan Republic players gain access to additional Duty Officers?

There is a Duty Officer Recruitment contact located at New Romulus Command that can assist with all of your recruitment needs. The recruitment assignments she offers can only be ran by Romulan Republic Captains, and will always reward Romulan and/or Reman Duty Officers.

Romulan Republic Captains may also run recruitment assignments offered at the Academy of their chosen ally.
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The CXP reward person is already in the game, even if it's not linking properly. But it's certainly there.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
    edited May 2013
    The CXP reward person is already in the game, even if it's not linking properly. But it's certainly there.

Sure, it is there, on new romulus, never claimed anything else, and with a KDF-Romulan i already go some KDF-DOFFs from her (in fact, she is there for at least a few days), just can't find proof for the claim that the DOFFS given out will change to Romulans.
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited May 2013

They are there, but only give Allied DOFFs.

There is now a terminal that seems a placeholder for DOFF recruitment assignments in the same room.

Currently the only way to get high quality Romulan DOFFs is grinder and luck.
    edited May 2013
    Since the server hampsters died a few minutes ago, did anyone found the "series of difficult assignments" to get romulan DOFFs on tribble?
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • gtransuegtransue Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there is a console near Velar where you can recruit doffs
    edited May 2013
    gtransue wrote: »
    there is a console near Velar where you can recruit doffs

umh... yesssss... that was mentioned several times before.
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!