test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All ground combat = no weapons for toon?

chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
so with the 10th's patch all ground combat I have tried my main ton has no weapon. At first I thought it was a bug specific to a certain mission. I did this mission before the patch and it worked just fine, now no weapons and looking bug for my toon. the bo's shoot fine...my toon stands there looking TRIBBLE.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems only some weapons are effected.

Looks like they added new models to the ground weapons* and... I guess they fudged up a few of them because my plasma pistols work fine, but my plasma rifles don't show up and don't fire.

* and on that note, WHY!? The plasma pistol model looked fine. It looked like the romulan weapon we saw in the shows. We do not need new, more garish, less canon-looking weapons at every tier like we see with every other weapon type. In case no one has noticed, most people HATE that. Generally folks want their weapons to look like the ones they're familiar with. This is a licensed game, and a lot of people who play it want it to look and feel like that license. The tier one phasers and disruptors do that... then they turn into spiky, hologram-covered trash. It's bad enough those do it, we don't need the plasma weapons doing it too... especially when implementing this feature that most people don't want seems to break the game.
  • Options
    thepopeofbeersthepopeofbeers Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have this problem too, but only with the Plasma Piercing Beam Rifle. I can equip it on my toon, but I can't unholster it, and I can't fire it either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Seems to only effect the weapons coming from the flotilla. other weapons seem unaffected.
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Plasma pistols from the flotilla work. It seems to be a problem only with the republic rifles.
  • Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here. Weapons (rifles) bought from flotilla (pre-patch) do not work or display on captain or boffs.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited May 2013
    naevius wrote: »
    Same here. Weapons (rifles) bought from flotilla (pre-patch) do not work or display on captain or boffs.

Confirmed. However, I bought Plasma Piercing Beam Rifle Mk Vs for all my Boffs post patch and they are not working. The Assault weapons (not miniguns) from the flotilla- don't remember the name- weren't working for me (Rom-Fed) either.

When I get back in game I will try to buy weapons at the command center and see if they work.

edited to add: Phaser Minigun V, purchased from Romulan Command Center, are working for BOFFs.
  • Options
    qf00001qf00001 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm using the standard fed. weapons:
    phaser and sniper rifle.

They don't work
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ditto piercing rifle will not appear or fire (pity because its cool)
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seems there's more threads on this. A pity though. The piercing plasma rifle is a neat rifle.
  • Options
    abecketabecket Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ticket# 40,358
    since the Tribble patch of 10 MAY 2013, ST.30.20130510a.0, can no longer see the models for the Romulan Weapons you can buy at the Flotilla. example Plasma Piercing Beam, Plasma Wide Beam, and Plasma Long Range Minigun. the only steps needed to replicate has been to equip the weapons. Attacks still happen, but no combat animations are played.

can verify for the Rifles at V and VII
    can only verify for Assault at VII as at V my away team was equiped with non new Romulan weapons.
  • Options
    rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you might want to add the mark ix to that as well.
  • Options
    mwildermwilder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you might want to add the mark ix to that as well.

looks like its all marks i just got a mk I and its a no go, but it did make my capt run backwards, i logged out and back in and it stopped but ill keep an eye on it
    Liberty Task Force
    "Liberty, Equality, Justice, Peace & Cooperation"

http://www.libertytaskforce.com
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone tried resolving combat with boff's yet and then moving again? my toon gets stuck looking at whatever target I first tried shooting for the rest of the time until I beam out.