test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

some of the new plasma weapons at higher tier are not working

threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
edited May 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
I just bought the plasma wide beam rifle mk IX and plasma piercing beam rifle mk IX from the vendor on the romulan flotilla, neither weapons work on my boffs. when I equip them myself, there's no graphic for them and I can't fire them in shooter or rpg mode. The tray icons are there, however. There's prolly others that are broken as well, these were the only 2 I bought.
Post edited by threat21 on

Comments

• Options
    commanderkorcommanderkor Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had this issue with any of the new plasma rifles after I made commander but it only started after todays patch for me.
  • Options
    benjaminsickobenjaminsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same problem. I bought both lvl 1 rifles from the vendor. Neither weapon appears, but they do shoot. My character just stands there like his hands are empty. Even though you can't see the energy beam the target still takes damage.
  • Options
    abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It appears that all of the new romulan ground weapons for all tiers have no visuals for either the weapon displaying on the character, nor for the weapons fire. They appear to do damage, but there are no visual effects. Also on the mission "The Price of Neutrality", I found that attempting to use these weapons made the player character face away from the enemy targeted. Also it appeared that the bridge officers were not able use them at all....they could be outfitted with the weapons, but they did not appear to use them when in combat (no damage floaters either).
  • Options
    armistice171armistice171 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I experienced similar problems with my tier 1 mini gun and my tier 1 piercing beam. What was worse was my character started looking away making me get flanked.
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pistols appear both holstered and drawn just every other rom gun, this is only since may 10th patch.
  • Options
    abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It must be only the assault and rifle weapons that have this bug then. I did not try the pistols.
  • Options
    rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pistols *seem* to work normally, but on Crossroads at Crateris not being able to use the Mk vii piercing plasma rifle caused some very odd camera angles.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Me too. Both Romulan Rifle and Assault weapons don't show up in my characters, or BOFF's, hands when switched to, and can't be fired either. Saying that, when I did equip a Klingon rifle on one of my BOFF's (a Reman) they still didn't fire the weapon at all during the mission.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they still fire....it just doesnt show any animations :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    qf00001qf00001 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there are multiple posts on this forum about this issue.

my standard fed.phaser and sniper rifle are present, but they will not fire (also no animations).