test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Regarding the HUD / UI

typlixomtyplixom Member Posts: 25 Arc User
The new character creation... is great! :D
The HUD... absolutely horrific! Plain and simple.

I did find how you change color of it... but how the heck does one change it back to the old interface???? :confused:

"If it ain't broken....."
Post edited by typlixom on

Comments

• crappyturbocrappyturbo Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To change the colors go to options near the bottom of the basic tab

As I understand it this one is replacing the old UI
  • coryb77coryb77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the new HUD is vastly superior to the old one simple because the powers are now color coded.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Give it time.. Change is a big, scary thing, but the new UI will grow on you after you give it a chance.
  • thalesmoothalesmoo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I vastly prefer the new interface and HUD, it is a welcome return to LCARS and as such adds an enjoyable layer to the game. It worked well in Bridge Commander and I was surprised that it was not the first choice for STO.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The "Map" button really needs to be bigger .
    I use that one a ton in space and right now it's both bigger and it slightly stands apart .
    In the new UI it is smaller and I mis-click it a lot , as it does not stand apart .

Also , I would like to see a vertical row of slots added to the "grid" type power slots (both ground and space) .
    With more powers that you can click-to-activate , this would be much appreciated .
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i like the recent changes to the UI colors a lot, most of them are much better now..
    although the changes were probably small they are much better now..

BUT

i'm a bit sad that this red alert thing is not an seperate option because the three "classic" styles are the ones i like most but they are exactly the ones without the red alert feature.. but otherwise its okay
  • cptshephardcptshephard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd have to disagree. The new UI is far superior to the old one. It looks more.. Trek.. to me. Much like the Facebook newsfeed you'll forget the old version in time. :P
  • karreekarree Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The character status screen is to large and causes problems when trying to equip from inventory.

The idea is good but the execution needs some fine tuneing
  • karreekarree Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karree wrote: »
    The character status screen is to large and causes problems when trying to equip from inventory.

The idea is good but the execution needs some fine tuneing

thank you for the hard work
  • typlixomtyplixom Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At the very least the "old" UI should be available for people with actual taste(!)
    To change the colors go to options near the bottom of the basic tab

What does that have to do with well anything I said?
  • typlixomtyplixom Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not to mention whos TRIBBLE idea was it to send TWO mails for each expired exchange item????? 40 items equals 80 mails! No checkboxes no way of delete all or anything!
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love the new UI, my Federation toons are going to be feeling a bit neglected since I can finally play Klingon without having to reach for pain killers afterwards. Of course mission one is building a Rom up to VA.
    That said, I hate the new character creator/tailor system, the old one was fine. The new one with the little portraits and no undo button is a royal pain in the gluteus maximus.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC