test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Online Uniform Costume / cosplay

ralethisolur17ralethisolur17 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Ten Forward
I am looking at getting the design of my Main's Uniform to a seamstress friend of mine for a costume for conventions. But I can't seem to find a way to get good views in screenshot form.

anyone have suggestions? I can log in a provide the actual Uniform pieces from the tailor if needed.
Post edited by ralethisolur17 on

Comments

• Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Maybe this might help? http://www.stowiki.org/Uniforms Close-up screenshots are in each link.

You can try zooming in while in the Tailor. Switch to a standard pose and mouse wheel in. The icon in the lower left hand corner of the Tailor is actually your chat window minimized, so you can still use the screenshot commands or just hit PrintScreen.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    focslainfocslain Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well what views are you looking for is the question. The tailor only works for general viewing and you need a HD lvl screen shot to get major detail work.

I had to get some for a commission drawing recently, i just did a few shots in DS9, though I'm sure the bridge of your ship or any other low traffic area will work.

Another idea is to have someone screen cap views of your character via FPS mode, I haven't tried this yet so i don't know if the target icon will show. I'll check later tonight.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thanks so much I got the Uniform pieces in view off the Wiki from altechachan. I have a good enough graphics card that I can go to max graphics on my bridge or in the tailor for Screenshots.

I just wanted a more wholesome view of my character and I seem to be only able to zoom in on my face in the tailor. I have already gotten screen shots from there but they didn't seem enough. I'll have to log in a check take a few more and have her look at them plus the STOwiki images and see if she needs any more information.

Thanks all so much, I am actually getting the feeling I might be able to get this uniform made

FYI its Science (blue)
    Sierra 4
    Ankle panels/pockets
    Padded boots
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You're welcome! Best of luck in your costume. Now I wonder if I can put together a "Wrath of Khan" uniform in real life...?
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    So apparently she doesn't have the time to make the costume...as an addendum now. Does anyone know someone that could make a Costume like this. Hopefully before May 17th <WINK WINK>
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Lol I meant to make a Tactical Vice Admiral Waistcoast before my birthday last year...

...but my birthday is now next week. So...

...good luck? ^^;

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    archofwinterarchofwinter Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Post a picture of it when it is done.
    I've never seen a Trek cosplay from a game before.
    Always wanted to do something from Elite Force, but just can't find the time to.
  • Options
    f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    that one might be more difficult because it's one of the more plastiky looking ones, I've seen some of the other styles on Ebay. You might be able to pull off the pants with a pair of jeans or cargo pants too.
  • Options
    archofwinterarchofwinter Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm surprised!

After all these years and there is no Star Trek Online cosplay. I just can't find any.

If anyone has done it please post it here, I want to see the costume.

Not just any Star Trek cosplay, it has to be Star Trek Online cosplay!!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I am going to try the auction sites or what not. I had a Costume made many years ago (sora - Master Form...from kingdom hearts 2) from ebay so I know it feesable. Well I have 2 months to find it.

if anyone has sure fire sites to get this Shirt piece done this seems like something that would help the community as a whole.

:) If / when I get a hold of this I will do a Video on youtube about it. Picture are so.. Static.

I agree with f9thaceshigh, I might just Jeans / Cargo pants for the lower part; the shirt is pretty much going to be a pain. I thought finding a painter for the Trill spots was going to be the problem. :P
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I am starting to think this is my Unicorn...Its always going to be out of reach, there is nothing on this on google, ebay, or cosplay.com.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    photo gallery:
    http://imgur.com/a/9RFgB/all

Vlog showing me moving in it.
    http://youtu.be/-gX6j8CHuEU

I think i have become elevated to hardcore. A couple of you wanted STO cosplay...did I do it right? :confused:
  • Options
    caemgencaemgen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    photo gallery:

I think i have become elevated to hardcore. A couple of you wanted STO cosplay...did I do it right? :confused:

Well done. Solid work on the shirt. Next project would be the pants.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    actually the pants are done.. I don't know how to make them more like it. Its hard to see them but there is black fabric on the outside sewn on to jeans.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've actually gone and done the same thing with my in game character, but sadly the woman i went with ended up having a lot of work to do first before being able to get to mine. When I get every thing together i'll have to post pictures of it as well.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm considering getting my main's formal uniform done as well. I had to do a lot of work adapting the design since my character's build is quite different from mine, but I think I have a design I might be able to get done. I just have to see if it's within my budget. I will not need it for a while, so I think I will have ample time once I do make a decision.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited May 2013
    photo gallery:

That is very interesting. And I've just realized that the design might lend itself nicely to a goalkeeper's uniform.
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Excellent work :) Have to admit, I would't mind an STO leather jacket to add to my collection :) (I already have a replica of the jacket Tom Cruise wore in Minority report, and another one which has the Atlantis Expedition mission patch on the sleeve :cool: )

For anyone interested in the JJ Blackshirt, I did this tutorial the other day :)
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was thinking about this the other day, I suppose it wouldn't take a lot of adjusting to change a TNG uniform pattern into an Odyssey uniform. I'd like to have my main character's uniform to wear myself!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is what I would like done (though I will alter it for my build).

http://tinypic.com/r/2w6yufc/5

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It seems odd that the Star Trek sub-reddit was a bit stand-offish about the uniform, but the STO sub-reddit and here have given such great welcoming. I am anxious for wednesday I am wearing this with the Amazon.com Science Insignia to the local Into Darkness Premiere.
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems odd that the Star Trek sub-reddit was a bit stand-offish about the uniform, but the STO sub-reddit and here have given such great welcoming. I am anxious for wednesday I am wearing this with the Amazon.com Science Insignia to the local Into Darkness Premiere.
    Costuming can be a funny thing, which I've found brings out the best and the worst in people. Obviously everyone does it for pleasure, but some people take it very seriously, where others have a more relaxed approach. I knew a Sci-Fi costumer (won't name names) who had an incredible knack for identifying the most minute details of screen costumes, and then sourcing them for his own. Needless to say, his costumes (primarily Star Wars but also Doctor Who, Stargate etc) were fantastic creations, and not only every bit as good as the screen-used costumes, but probably better, because they were made to be worn for a considerabe period of time, rather than movie takes with 'resets' in between. However. This came across as incredibly intolerant elitism (which I know was never his intention) If anyone was to post pics of a costume which was less than accurate, he would always, not criticize, exactly, but always point out areas which were not accurate or which could be improved upon, rather than simply praising the overall effort. I believe he meant well, but it did come across as patronizing... This was the philosophy I was working to when I did my JJVerse blackshirt tutorial... I wasn't trying to create something 100% screen accurate, just something which could be almost universally achieved for very little outlay, but which would still realistically convey the intended image...

I've seen pics of US cinema goers attending in costume, so I doubt anyone will be pointing and laughing... If you're really worried, you still have time to make a blackshirt... I've worn mine several times around town with a pair of jeans, and not even got a second glance from anyone... :cool:

PS Enjoy the film :cool: