test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Open Beta

sr1981sr1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Will this Open Beta only be available at this weekend or until further notice?
Post edited by sr1981 on

Comments

• charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to know as well. I went on the test tribble and still can't make a Romulan toon.
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • ozz5ozz5 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    found that the ship when fighting stalls in dog fights ..dosest move as it should at times story line seems ok so far , some rubber banding at esd but otherwise ok at lvl3 right now
  • sr1981sr1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Charlie, its beginning this evening, so you cant create one yet
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First, before there is any further confusion. Open Beta has not started yet. When they have patched the server with the latest build, they will let everyone know. Since most people aren't probably at work yet, I would say we have a couple of hours at least to go.

That said, if it is like every other time. Tribble usually does not shut down, so you can continue to play LoR content on Tribble, probably until they add the next major update to it (and no I have NO idea when that is). However, the Test weekend and respective rewards is ONLY this weekend and ends monday at 10am PDT.
  • charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the update guys.
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • sr1981sr1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do we have an ETA for the Open Beta (what time?)???
  • draggothdraggoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as for eta, the didnt specify day, but im guising saturday. So say 10 midday (not sure what timezone but i think CET or something) might be a good guess.

That would mean for Europe that it be 6-7 hours later, so around 4-5 nearing evening on GMT +1 (Brussel, Amsterdam, etc)

Honestly dont think it will be today (friday) since america is behind on time on us, so it was is 10 AM right no i think or something around it.
  • brandon4562brandon4562 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whats most irritating is that every time I log into Tribble, the thing freezes up!! Holodeck is fine, its the Tribble thats messed up! Why is that?
  • vhylevhyle Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The post they made about it seemed to elude that the open beta/test weekend started today (Friday) after the patch. So, I'm still assuming it's going to be sometime today (Friday).
  • singularitariansingularitarian Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [Deleted on account of my stupidity.]
  • singularitariansingularitarian Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    draggoth wrote: »
    as for eta, the didnt specify day, but im guising saturday. So say 10 midday (not sure what timezone but i think CET or something) might be a good guess.

Is this not what we're referring to? According to that news post, it begins at an unspecified time today and ends at 10AM PDT on Monday.
  • alnoranalnoran Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The testing and all starts today, at an unknown time. I'm going to guess sometime after 10 PDT since that is usually when they do all their patching. The blog came out yesterday, May 9th and stated that the open beta and the testing for the reward begins tomorrow, which is now today.
  • chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alnoran wrote: »
    The testing and all starts today, at an unknown time. I'm going to guess sometime after 10 PDT since that is usually when they do all their patching. The blog came out yesterday, May 9th and stated that the open beta and the testing for the reward begins tomorrow, which is now today.

its now 107 PDT no? i logged in and its very dark compared to the regular and no boffs on my ship yet they are there and it gave me some skill additions .....will wait a bit more to try making a new character.
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only reference to "10 AM PDT" is when the test weekend ends on Monday.

Tribble patches are ususaly later than Holodeck, mid afternoon-ish on the west coast. (early evening for me East Coast)
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)