test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devil's Choice - Cry Havoc

brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Tribble - Bug Reports
The part where you're to progress to Incubation Room 2, and destroy the Incubators, is bugged - the console you have to click to blow them up, like in the first room, isn't anywhere to be found. The folk in the incubators whom you are (I assume) meant to save (it's not shown as an objective at this point, unlike the previous room), are non interactable.

So, I beamed up and tried the mission again from the start and found some more bugs.

1) The mission waypoint for blowing up the first group of incubators is pointing to the wrong place. It's saying it's at the south wall, when in fact I'm looking at it against the east wall.

2) Later on, I died, and it respawned me in a respawn point I hadn't yet unlocked on this re-playthrough.

3) I fight my way backwards to the next objective (rig the second pylon) and I'm trapped behind a door I've not yet unlocked, due to the respawn bug in 2).

4) There's a random incubator subject not in an incubator, being super creepy in Incubator Room 2 (Can I have him as a BOFF/sickbay adornment? :P).
----
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by brigadooom on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Five attempts now and it keeps breaking at the same spot. There's nothing to click to destroy the second set of incubators after having killed all of the Elachi in the room and its adjoining corridors. :(
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Still borked after May 8th patch.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so is the defence of New Romulus, it just won't complete. (as in I can't hand in the mission.)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    After today's unscheduled maintenance I could progress to Incubator Room 3, but the old problem of being stuck killing nonexistant incubators is now in that room. Still stuck.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    balordezulbalordezul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ya I can't hand in the mission either but made it through the base just fine.
  • Options
    fataiityx3fataiityx3 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like the OP I was unable to get through the 2nd door. Waypointed area has no console to shut off the canisters/chambers. I jumped and wall-hugged the whole room trying to find if it was in a wall or in the floor, no luck. Going to restart mission in a few minutes and see if I can get any farther.
  • Options
    locozocolocozoco Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so is the defence of New Romulus, it just won't complete. (as in I can't hand in the mission.)

I have the same issue with this mission. I completed the mission to the end and have reentered sector space and can not turn the mission in to the contact. I noticed in the mission journal, that there is a check mark within the "Hail New Romulus Box", but it is grayed out and I can not click it to turn it in there either.

And, that fight is WAY TOUGH at the end.
  • Options
    ksbakerksbaker Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had the problem turning it in at the end. It let me turn it in though when I went beck to the sector block it started in.

I also found the end fight to hard... In the end I was doing suicide runs since blowing up my ship next to the enemy was the only way to do any damage.
  • Options
    rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I finally managed to hand this one in as well. Although the weird thing is that I did it by going to starbase 39.
  • Options
    rikerbeard123rikerbeard123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    RE Cry Havoc,

Yep I've tried it twice, had the wrong respawn happen first time round then in the third room I killed all the Incubators but it didn't complete the objective..(or one fell in a hole in the floor!).

I would add to the bug list above also that the Elachi like getting stuck in the tubes with their victims!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Third time lucky it seems! Only change was I went through the rooms more slowly and less aggressively; after killing the incubators/burning the pods in the third room the door/not door opened!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Or not... Having defeated the Elachi fleet my Boff said 'well done, let's leave the system' (to paraphrase) so I left by clicking on the option in the dialogue... And now I have no way of turning in the mission! The Admiral doesn't care that I have ticks next to all the objectives... What kind of man is he?!

EDIT...

So I flew back to AC as described above, Khev told me the fleet was flying to NR and we had to follow them (again) and then the Admiral hailed me to turn in the mission. Not such a bad bloke after all.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    go to starbase 39 it will complete then it is a bug
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've played Cry Havoc about 10 or 15 times now and I still can't beat it. I'm currently stuck on Incubator 2 because it won't let me release any of the prisoners. They're not highlighted and I can't interact with them in any way. The Vulcan Captain is also missing from his incubator all together this time.
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wondering if its a spawn issue.

I had a drone one try get stuck INSIDE and incubator. They get stuck in the hallways in the pylon thingies sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've seen the enemies and even bridge officers get caught in the hallway pylons. Once Tovan got stuck in an incubator. I just played and failed again for the 20th time so I guess I'm done with that mission until the next patch. This time I hit respawn and jumped forward to a spawn point I hadn't unlocked yet so now I can't go back because all the doors are locked.
  • Options
    mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still having OP issue

Bump
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thestormsongthestormsong Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I must have gotten lucky, since I could complete the mission on my first try. However I did have issues with the "release captive" interact button, mushroom people standing outside their incubators, and I also could not turn it in after completing it - had to go back to Alpha Centauri.

Joined in March, 2011. Lifer since December, 2011.
  • Options
    argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm stuck on the part where i have to kill the incubators in the second incubation room
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm again stuck at the Incubators in the second room, which is weird as the other night I had managed to progress enough to get suck in the third room. :confused:
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cratchmastercratchmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same problem. After I could not progress in the third room, I turned off the game and reloaded it. This time, however, I got stuck in the second room. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I somehow managed to get to Incubator Room 3 again, and while being struck by the same bug, my boffs would sneak through the still-locked door on the way to Incubator Room 4/Station Commander room.

They killed the bad guys at the start of that corridor but that didn't do anything to progress the mission, so I don't think any Incubators had snuck through.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried it 3 times, had all the problems described above.

Once respawning in the wrong place, at two others the incubator's deaths not registering.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Before Tribble went down to patch I tried the mission a few more times.

At first I thought I'd try and count the number of Elachi Incubators in room 2 to see how many there were, in case some were disappearing (there were 20). However I didn't count how many I killed, but that became moot as I got through to room 3 again. :o

Here I ran into the bug others have been describing, where NPCs, ally and enemy alike, get stuck in various columns in hallways. Dying and respawning fixed that, but still it's better it doesn't happen at all.

I cleared out room 3 at a leisurely pace, but still nothing triggered and the mission broke again. I think I saw two red dots on the minimap - elachi incubators - simply disappear, which my boffs or I hadn't killed. Maybe they fell through the floor?

The door at the end of room 3 is still porous, and I tempted the already-aggroed baddies through it to come kill me, which led to my respawning on the other side of the door, locked out of room 3, but able to progress to room 4, where I could kill the waves of NPCs, but the boss wouldn't trigger (clearly because of the prior objective still awaiting completion).

Also, my shoulder cape things stick out through my EV suit. :P
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I finally managed to complete it. I noticed the objective markers shifted very slightly when I entered each incubator room, so I started killing the elachi only when I was *inside* each room's green circle. Seemed to do the trick for every room after room 2.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zenthian01zenthian01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    brigadooom wrote: »
    I finally managed to complete it. I noticed the objective markers shifted very slightly when I entered each incubator room, so I started killing the elachi only when I was *inside* each room's green circle. Seemed to do the trick for every room after room 2.

This worked for me as well. might be a work around.
  • Options
    hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is still bugged. got stuck at incubator room 2 twice so far. gonna try what u guys suggested as a workaround

Ok that worked and I was able to finish the mission
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • Options
    talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Incubator kills aren't registered if the current objective isn't to kill them.
  • Options
    taeriantaerian Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I encountered the same bug, and i noticed on the 2nd try that it doesn't go from kill incubators to release captives which allows you to access console for overload to burn the room.
  • Options
    ghostwasp21ghostwasp21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    did anyone else have problems beaming back to the ship after killing the elachi commander?

i killed him, started the cascade reaction and nothing happened...... im assuming i was supposed to get a beam up message.
    i tried beaming up manually but it made me restart the mission.

any advice?