test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

G & T Show Interviews CaptainGeko

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
In a recent supplemental episode of the G & T show, Nick, Terry, and Mike interviewed Lead Designer Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera.

Link to the interview.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great interview, listening to it know :)
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So we need the Galaxy Retrofit's Saucer Seperation console to use that feature with the Galaxy Dreadnaught?

Given that the Galaxy-R is one of the most unfavored ships in the game, it's not really fair for Galaxy Dreadnaught owners.
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These countless podcasts should consider doing transcripts. So much general information from Geko gets lost in these interviews.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aexrael wrote: »
    These countless podcasts should consider doing transcripts. So much general information from Geko gets lost in these interviews.

I agree! One of the recent ones did say something like "all that, and no transcript" in its description, so at least that one knows where they're going wrong...
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star Trek Online has "some of the best" Star Trek story being told right now? Just "some of the best"? In my opinion Star Trek Online is the best Star Trek content out right now. I can't stand the JJ verse as Star Trek content. The only thing JJ Trek shares with Star Trek is the name. Star Trek Online on the other hand, the current story in this game is great.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lovin all the interviews and inside info lately!
  • soriedemsoriedem Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for checking out the interview. We had fun talking with Captain Geko and look forward to talking with him again in the future about the upcoming JJ film.

Kerplunk!?!? :confused:

Qapla'!
  • terilynnsterilynns Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star Trek Online has "some of the best" Star Trek story being told right now? Just "some of the best"? In my opinion Star Trek Online is the best Star Trek content out right now. I can't stand the JJ verse as Star Trek content. The only thing JJ Trek shares with Star Trek is the name. Star Trek Online on the other hand, the current story in this game is great.

Well, I am also a very big fan of the Star Trek Vanguard novels and I also happen to think the Typhon Pact books are pretty freaking awesome. I just couldn't leave them out. However, I also happen to think the new story is just about as good as it can get.
    felderburg wrote: »
    I agree! One of the recent ones did say something like "all that, and no transcript" in its description, so at least that one knows where they're going wrong...

We used to have volunteers to do transcripts (or at least very lengthy synopses) of our shows for our hearing impaired listeners. (Yes, we have quite a few!) However the time and effort that typing up a show takes is incredibly burdensome. We're always willing to have people willing to help us out take on that challenge! If anyone is up for it, please contact @Soriedem in game!

Thanks for listening all - and thanks to Al for his time. It was a blast!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The first half-hour was nice. I stopped listening after that because I didn't want to be spoiled. :P
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • syfy88syfy88 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes Please give it an single hanger bay and if ya can follow what your oddy does in the game by send out your pets from the hanger or ability to separate the Galaxy-X's saucer . I fly the galaxy x in the STF Elite and love being able to complete the mission and getting the optionals
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There was this old made for TV film called Something Evil, that bothered me when I was younger. All I'll say is: "baby wailing jam", and leave it there.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"