test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unscheduled/Emergency Network Maintenance (May 9, 2013) (Complete!)

Comments

• spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its been 3 maintanence this week, or am I wrong?
    and how many last week?

To me that seems to be a LOT of problems since launch of Neverwinter or as I refer it alwaysmaintanence....

this sends bad vides for the upcoming expansion......

if Cryptic has not go their **** together (which is very unlikely) then this spells for disaster in the utmost degree. problem with NW, problems with STO and then problems with both.

I forsee more maintanence than actual game time.

since last maintanence broke dilitium claims, I wonder whats going to be broke this time.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel that poor Cryptic needs to construct additional servers.

Namely one for CO and one for NW, while STO keeps one. Or CO keeps one and STO gets a new one, its all the same as long as character data would be unchanged heh.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • lirdeklirdek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what about the blablabla no maintenance on thursday?

You can't avoid server crashing so now it got turned into 'unscheduled mainteinance' ?!

How bout yout stop luring and fooling your customers?

with all the money we give you through gold and zen store you can't just seem to pay for a decent server provider !

FIX IT ! this is unacceptable, 5th time in a week time.
  • kepasbeleglornkepasbeleglorn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *remembers something about a promise to take care of maintenance during the previous downtime so that there would be no downtime on Thursday* my failing memory or a faulty promise?

Seems familiar. I think I've read this, too, on tuesday.
  • bahnahbahnah Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If STO were an animal it would have been humanely put out of its misery by now unfortunately we have to suffer instead:mad:
  • dicecasdendicecasden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The complaints you guys are making are simply idiotic...

Would you rather this stuff happen nor or when LOR launches?

(waits for reply)

Yeah... that's what I thought, so chill out people
  • ishtarscorpioishtarscorpio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By far cryptic or whoever runs the server is the worst managing company I've ever seen, and I've tried alot of other games in my life. Thank god this game is free to play.

You must not have played SWTOR or BGO.
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Please note that normal Thursday maintenance was completed the other day during downtime, and this maintenance is unscheduled/emergency and is critical to help reduce the risk outages going forward. If there was another time we could perform it, we absolutely would, but there is not, unfortunately. We'll be back up ASAP!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

thanx for the info but my faith in cryptic being able to maintain its servers are somewhere between 0 and not even registering.

and always always always these maintanence HAS to be at prime game time in Europe, why never at prime gametime US?
  • starblazer5starblazer5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They must have discovered someone found another dilithium exploit. :eek:
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Please note that normal Thursday maintenance was completed the other day during downtime, and this maintenance is unscheduled/emergency and is critical to help reduce the risk outages going forward. If there was another time we could perform it, we absolutely would, but there is not, unfortunately. We'll be back up ASAP!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

3!! hours though this is kinda a pee take thou...
    JtaDmwW.png
  • theodrimtheodrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is getting old, really. Just upgrade the hardware already, and/or get a new service provider. At this point, I'd put dollars to donuts more revenue stands to be lost from disgruntled customers refusing to make zen/C-store/subscription purchases than overhead increased.
    Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
  • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not just maint...*emergency* maint. They clearly have something major going on. Again, sadly.
  • pierzypierzy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Time is dilithium Cryptic. We should be compensated, 500 free dilithium per hour of downtime.
  • milen93milen93 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • dapperdrakedapperdrake Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Again and again and so on.
    Cryptic don't you feel incompetent people? Something like amateur?
    Day by day you you are doing to prove how you are TRIBBLE!
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanx for the info but my faith in cryptic being able to maintain its servers are somewhere between 0 and not even registering.

and always always always these maintanence HAS to be at prime game time in Europe, why never at prime gametime US?

THIS annoys me too!! always rest of world suffers not the USA lol i say NOOOOOOOOOO! lol
    JtaDmwW.png
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I m sure it has nothing to do with NEVERONLINE i mean NEVERWINTER since we have been told they don't have anything to do with each other, just weird that they have an unscheduled downtime now as well...:eek:
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • a19spectrea19spectre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ef261 wrote: »
    The next time there's a maintenance, can it PLEASE not be right when everyone in the UK is coming home from work, or school? -_-

What part of "unscheduled" do you not understand, child? They're doing this so they can fix it so that your whiny self can waste more of your life.
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since this is becoming almost a regular occurance, how about you just plan in 3 hours of maintenance per day, every day, until it's fixed?

I'll do you one better. Leave it down until everything is solved. Leave it down for 3 days. Leave it down for a week. Hell, take a month!

I tend to be quite chill for these things. I'm one of the "grab a bag of popcorn a watch the rage", guys. But yeah, getting kind of old, even for me.

Meh, I'm sure there's a reason things are done as they are done. Guess I'll grab my popcorn now.
    edited May 2013
    Since I actually pay subscription for this game I kind of wonder, can I get some kind of compensation cause I am in actuality not getting what I paid for.

if it says 30 days of game time. its suppose to be 30 days. if we count off the amount of maintanence due to Neverworking etc then it is not actually 30 days is it? its more like 29 days or 28 days.

and im not talking of the schedualled maintanence, those I can live with, but 3 in a week. no no no
  • zipzapzingzipzapzing Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Amazing how much downtime there is lately!!!! Delays...disconnections...Amazing that since they went to 'free-to-play' the inconsistences' have multiplied ten-fold if not more. So much for being a paying lifetime member!?!?!?!?!?
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dicecasden wrote: »
    The complaints you guys are making are simply idiotic...

Would you rather this stuff happen nor or when LOR launches?

(waits for reply)

Yeah... that's what I thought, so chill out people

The problem is that seeing as how badly it's happening now, it is likely only going to get WORSE when LoR launches.
  • startrekkin81startrekkin81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ef261 wrote: »
    The next time there's a maintenance, can it PLEASE not be right when everyone in the UK is coming home from work, or school? -_-

Does the phrase "Unscheduled Maintenance" mean anything to you?
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Three hours. Wow.

I too am starting to get just a touch... frustrated by all this.

Would join the call for some sort of compensation but I know it's a waste of time to do so.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Any chance you can actually fix it this time rather than putting a flimsy plaster on it that maybe lasts 2 days.

Get some new hardware and separate your games from using the same resources.

This is either a hardware problem, or a coding problem. In either case, it is cryptic negligence which is sustaining these outages....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• zipzapzingzipzapzing Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I second this option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • taya4svktaya4svk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay more maintenance.. Said noone ever.. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azntrigboiazntrigboi Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the door was creaking before, and now it's busted wide open. :(
  • general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic: We need to take the servers down for emergency maintenance.

Usual constantly complaining players: You guys are stupid! you cant manage a game for TRIBBLE. I want my money back WA WA WA!

Me: Meh whatever, as long as I can play later and I still have all my C-store ships and character items IDGAF. I wish all these whiners who threaten to leave would just leave, or at least shut up. *Shuts off the Comms on his Dreadnought*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For a complex system such as this, I would imagine there's a minimal amount of time required to perform a controlled shutdown, and about the same +/- to perform a controlled start up. Any actual maintenance gets added to that. For what's been described as "performance optimizations", 3 hours doesn't sound unreasonable from a technical perspective. Just sayin'... :cool:
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
This discussion has been closed.