test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - May 8, 2013

zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
TRIBBLE has been updated to a new build.
ST.30.20130506a.3

General:
  • Coliseum has been updated to remove VO referencing a Sehlat opponent.
  • The Elite Fleet Phaser Wide Beam Pistol no longer shoots its FX upward instead of forward.
  • Players will no longer see extra Bridge Officers slots when playing Doomsday Device.
  • Fixed many typos and grammatical issues in many missions.
    • Romulan, and Klingon, and even some for Feds.
  • The EMH is no longer so in your face when he contacts you.
  • He was told to take a couple steps back from the viewscreen.
  • Nimbus Adventure Zone Exploration Perks:
    • Updated the hint text description for the exploration Accolades to better indicate where to find them.
    • Removed the Tower of Nimbus hint text as the accolade was removed previously.
  • Updated Azure Nebula Rescue queued event, Vault: Ensnared event, and Tholian Red Alerts to reward new Choice of Mark boxes.

KDF:
  • You can now turn in Bringing Down the House directly to Worf, who is standing next to the player at the end of the mission.
  • Changes were made to the pacing and functionality of the mission Space Chase.
  • The Hunt is On: Added tooltip to remind players to spend their skillpoints.
  • Destiny: Resolved an issue that prevented mission completion if players spoke to Kahless before being directed to do so.
  • Test of Mettle was updated:
    • It now has Transwarp buttons available.
    • Resolved an issue that caused the mission to un-complete if the player left the map before reading the final debriefing.
  • Duties of Command got an overhaul.
    • Most of this is behind-the-scenes.
  • Updated Friend or Foe to resolve an issue that sometimes prevented players from completing it.
  • Updated Your New Command to resolve an issue that prevented successful mission completion.

Romulans:
  • Romulans allied with the KDF will no longer have a permanent scowl.
    • Even if they're actually scowling on the inside.
  • Romulan Bridge Officers commissioned by Klingon-aligned Romulan captains should now properly interact as friends with all other KDF-aligned NPCs.
  • Tovan's bandoliers are now only accessible with the "Tight Jacket" category so they don't overlap and cut into other clothing.
  • Updated Smash and Grab:
    • The consoles for the Tactical objective are now more reliably clickable.
    • Teamed players will no longer be prevented from completing this mission.
  • Updated Devil's Choice mission text to include the standard green formatting for the main mission objective.
  • Updated Gasko Blues to resolve an issue that sometimes caused a player on a team to not receive credit when completing the mission.
  • Updated Cutting the Cord to resolve some issues that prevented Romulans from teaming up and from viewing the proper cutscenes.
  • The Dreadnought encounter in The Undying has been tuned so it is no longer too difficult.
  • A Fistful of Gorn can now be replayed.
  • Romulan Distress Call consumables are no longer usable in The Best Defense.
  • The Hirogens in Price of Neutrality will no longer refer to Romulans by the wrong faction name.
  • The Tal Shiar ships should properly spawn and respawn 5 minutes after being killed if you choose to stay in the area after rescuing all of the colonists in the space tutorial.
  • Resolved an issue which prevented Romulans from being automatically hailed with new story mission offers.
  • Remans now have eye protection available to them so the sun's harsh rays doesn't make bad things happen.
  • Turning Point: Mission text now informs players it is a single player mission.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented Reman characters from completing Frozen.

Systems:
  • Adjusted the damage calculations for Chroniton Mine Barrier.
    • The damage dealt by each mine is no longer modified by the target's distance to the mine at the time of the explosion.
    • This should result in the damage being closer to the number displayed in the tooltip.
    • In addition, the base damage values have been slightly increased.
  • Earning the free trait "Deprogrammed" via Romulan story content will now cause the trait to appear in your Passives list, allowing you to read its description and effects.
  • Romulan Aliens and Romulan Liberated Borg now properly pick traits during character creation.
  • Lowered the Energy Credit cost of the Kivra to be the same as the Type 8 Shuttle.
  • Quantum Absorption: This power's granted Temporary Hit points will now correctly absorb all damage intended for your hull while it persists.
    • This includes bleedthrough damage and any damage that would otherwise bypass your shields, like plasma fire.
  • Singularity Overcharge:
    • Resolved an issue with this power that caused it to enter Singularity cooldown once the Overcharge effect expired instead of once it is activated.
    • This effectively caused the Singularity Overcharge cooldown to be longer than was intended.
    • Also removed the requirement that Singularity Overcharge not be active to use the Singularity Stabilizer console.

UI:
  • When clicking on a chracter on the character select screen if the character does not load immediately it will indicate that the new character is loading.
    • You also will no longer be able to log in with the incorrect character.
  • Updated the UI element which displays rewards for each level to be more accurate for Romulans and Klingons.
  • Reputations will now correctly display Klingon images for a Klingon-allied Romulan.
  • Fleet holdings will now correctly display the Klingon starbase instead of the Federation starbase for a Klingon-allied Romulan.
  • Resolved an issue where the Toron Shuttle was being listed twice for Romulan players that allied with the Klingon Empire, instead of the Toron and the Tiercel.

Known Issues:
Post edited by zer0niusrex on

Comments

• Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Romulans allied with the KDF will no longer have a permanent scowl.

I stopped reading here just so I could hug you.

Carry on.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    supertone4761supertone4761 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Relieved to see some issues resolved. Looking forward to finished the Klingon 1-20. Was worried when I was halfway done making a character when I got Login failed due to unknown reasons. Now I know why. Thanks guys for the update!
  • Options
    jowolf18jowolf18 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally some news.....guess the hug around the table till they Agreed thing I posted in another thread worked:D :P
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No more neanderthal face?

TY TY TY :)
  • Options
    commanderkorcommanderkor Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thank you for fixing the scowl might actually roll a KDF rom May 21st now
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Romulans allied with the KDF will no longer have a permanent scowl.

Even if they're actually scowling on the inside.

I still say they were just upset by the smell.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still haven't fixed the bug on Dewa 3 I see that tells you there are no more Tholian ships when there weren't any to start with

As for Nimbus 3, my fed gets told to go there, he goes there and there's nothing there, no entry, no beam in text, nothing. I guess Nimbus is dead like in ST5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Updated Azure Nebula Rescue queued event, Vault: Ensnared event, and Tholian Red Alerts to reward new Choice of Mark boxes."

*Kisses*

any chance of an elite variant? :D
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zero, we love you... and your patch notes they are so full of awesomeness... just don't tell Tacofangs.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice patch. Any chance we could get all the Reman parts in the character creator?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The notes mention Reman and liberated Borg Romulan characters but I can't find this option on my character creator. As a lifer I assumed I would get lib Borg and I did purchase the legacy pack so I should have Reman. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    raklau1971raklau1971 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From what I understand the LoR Legacy pack will not be available till the 21.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2013
    Zero

any chance you guys can check over this seems like Gorn are missing their physical damage bonus they have had and it got reassigned to the klingons.

Klingon traits

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/kapla1755/2013-05-08_00009.jpg

Gorn traits

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/kapla1755/2013-05-08_00010.jpg

typically the gorn had a bonus to physical damage seemingly due to their size, feels like gorn got neutered :rolleyes:

btw great work whoever wrote the tutorials they make you feel more connected to the character now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I stopped reading here just so I could hug you.

Carry on.

logging in now to see if i need a new sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    Zero

any chance you guys can check over this seems like Gorn are missing their physical damage bonus they have had and it got reassigned to the klingons.

Klingon traits

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/kapla1755/2013-05-08_00009.jpg

Gorn traits

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/kapla1755/2013-05-08_00010.jpg

typically the gorn had a bonus to physical damage seemingly due to their size, feels like gorn got neutered :rolleyes:

btw great work whoever wrote the tutorials they make you feel more connected to the character now
    The Gorn still have it (at least I believe so); it's just not displaying properly, as said here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=9751071#post9751071
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope we can start playing as a Reman and Liberated Borg Romulan soon.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    Am I the only one who liked the scowl? lol I thought it fit perfectly.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ST.30.20130506a.3

Romulans:
    • Romulans allied with the KDF will no longer have a permanent scowl.
      • Even if they're actually scowling on the inside.

Oh thank you!! I was hoping that the scowl was not working as intended... :D:D:D

drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who liked the scowl? lol I thought it fit perfectly.

I think you may have been... Maybe they could give us a choice??

Choices are always better.

Jolan'tru
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Still haven't fixed the bug on Dewa 3 I see that tells you there are no more Tholian ships when there weren't any to start with

As for Nimbus 3, my fed gets told to go there, he goes there and there's nothing there, no entry, no beam in text, nothing. I guess Nimbus is dead like in ST5

that zone is a lvl based area so if your character is above it it won't let you in, atleast thats how I understood how Nimbus III worked could be wrong tho have not gotten that far in testing yet.
  • Options
    hroothvitnirhroothvitnir Member Posts: 322
    edited May 2013
    So just making doubly sure of this before I go make a bug filing, the text about only select players creating kdf/romulan still means "those who have received an email invite"?

As I've now got a romulan lvl 7 or 8 and no emails/magical fairy forum pm's, ect..

hehe, "Bugreport: I'm in your betas making bug reports"
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Romulans:
    • Romulan Aliens and Romulan Liberated Borg now properly pick traits during character creation.

What Romulan Liberated Borg?

It is not there as a species option.

It's impossible to "properly pick traits" if you don't have the character in the first place.....

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    "Updated Azure Nebula Rescue queued event, Vault: Ensnared event, and Tholian Red Alerts to reward new Choice of Mark boxes."

*Kisses*

any chance of an elite variant? :D

THIS please, End Game content needs to be challenging beyond the initial *figuring stuff out*-phase. Once you know the mechanics it's a cakewalk no matter what map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lordinsanelordinsane Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [*]Romulan Aliens and Romulan Liberated Borg now properly pick traits during character creation.
    That reminds me... is it intended that players can no longer pick traits during character creation, or have I just missed where the button to enter the advanced mode for that aspect is?
  • Options
    daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ST.30.20130506a.3

KDF:
    • Updated Friend or Foe to resolve an issue that sometimes prevented players from completing it.

I'm not sure this is accurate.

I've just got to the part where I am supposed to "Report to K'mtar".. It doesn't tell me where to go, so I went to Vor (the mission text says to go there, but that may have been the mission start text.)

Jolan'tru
  • Options
    salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ST.30.20130506a.3

KDF:
    • Updated Your New Command to resolve an issue that prevented successful mission completion.

So what was the issue? I know about the Feds not spawning but made then not spawn that is what I want to know please
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Options
    lynomanlynoman Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be nice to have a confirmation before you transport back to Paradise City. Would save a lot of un-needed walking!
  • Options
    chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that zone is a lvl based area so if your character is above it it won't let you in, atleast thats how I understood how Nimbus III worked could be wrong tho have not gotten that far in testing yet.

The zone auto scales you to the level once your on the planet. Something needs to be done about AI pathing there, your boff's get stuck everywhere on that planet
    lynoman wrote: »
    Would be nice to have a confirmation before you transport back to Paradise City. Would save a lot of un-needed walking!

The button is always there from what i saw in your low priority interactions list. Might have been 1 or 2 places it vanished.
  • Options
    qatrokqatrok Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    damn i like thescowl
  • Options
    stonermkiistonermkii Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see no Liberated Borg option, did someone goof O_o
  • Options
    issvanoraissvanora Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still no fix for the KDF Reputation system including tailor problems / unlocks and accolades... Going on for months now. *sigh*