test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FedCon 22

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Heading to FedCon in Germany this weekend? Read more to learn about how you can obtain a special in-game Duty Officer and character title for attending.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, at least no one can say only U.S. citizens get the chance to grab a Leeta Doff. Although it's a little too late for me to plan a trip to "Dusseldorf"*. :):(;)

* It's actually spelled with an "umlaut", but that doesn't exist in english. :o
  • alexvonhumboldalexvonhumbold Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I spend a "?", if you want... ;)
  • thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    Well, at least no one can say only U.S. citizens get the chance to grab a Leeta Doff. Although it's a little too late for me to plan a trip to "Dusseldorf"*. :):(;)

It's an "?" to be precise... D?sseldorf, capital city of Northrhine-Westphalia (Nordrhein-Westfalen).

Edit:
    The forum can't display an "?"? oO

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thorodal wrote: »
    I

t's an "?" to be precise... D?sseldorf, capital city of Northrhine-Westphalia (Nordrhein-Westfalen).

Edit:

The f*ck? The forum can't display an "?"? oO

You can always just spell it Duesseldorf.

Testing umlauts and accents: ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Edit: no umlauts, accents or ns with tildes. I know that that last one is Spanish only, and the first mostly German, but the forums should be able to display them...
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's nice to see the Germans get the HoloLeeta.

But how about showing the Australians some love?

We don't EVER have these conventions, so this DOFF is unavailable to us.

You could do a promotion where, if players are unable to attend, they can do something ingame to earn the DOFF while the convention is active.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • cratchmastercratchmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There was a big sci-fi convention just a few hours from my home (in Canada) a few weeks ago. Was there a holo-Leeta promo for that one? Well, my Leeta-less doff roster would definatly say no. Am I bitter? Nah, I really don't think a single doff is going to change my game that much. Would be nice though.

As I see there's a large German following in this game, I'm actually glad to see a STO promo at this convention! I realize you can't be tied to every convention everywhere in the world, but it does look like you make sure to hit your largest markets and that's just good business. :) Enjoy your doffs!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ouch, these cons are expensinve. Should better plan ahead & save up for the next one.
    Well, at least no one can say only U.S. citizens get the chance to grab a Leeta Doff. Although it's a little too late for me to plan a trip to "Dusseldorf"*.

If the key does not exists you can always use ue, ae, oe instead of the umlaute looking like u, a, o but showing here as a ?. So: Duesseldorf (which is better because a "Dussel" is a awkward person in german). ;)