test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delete Tribble Server Files.

kiarasenakiarasena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hello all.

I'm trying to make some space on my pc, and checked the STO folders with "Live" and "Playtest" which combined are 20gb or so..
As I rarely to probably never play on Tribble, but only checked it once or twice, I want to remove it, and as the game did patch a boat load when I first hopped on Tribble I asume you can remove the files aswell.
I did come across something similar on the forums on how to delete it while searching for something else so I didn't really bother to bookmark the page and can't find it now..

Anyway, I want to know if I can just delete the Playtest folder, specific files within the folder or leave it as it may cause problems.

P.S. if other people are looking for the same answer, be sure, and maybe just some good advice, not to bother to check useless pages for other information on things like this: http://tinyurl.com/dumb-answer
You can ofcourse do check it if you wish to get a good laugh.. as the answer is completely bogus and has nothing to do with the question.
Post edited by kiarasena on

Comments

• Options
    darkkindness2darkkindness2 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should be able to just delete the "Playtest" folder and/or any subheadings under it without it impacting your live gameplay at all. I'd personally delete the whole thing, just to be on the safe side, and get a fresh download/patch set automatically if I wanted to log onto Tribble again.

In regard to hating Star Trek 2009:
    kain9prime wrote: »
    IDIC fail.
  • Options
    kiarasenakiarasena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should be able to just delete the "Playtest" folder and/or any subheadings under it without it impacting your live gameplay at all. I'd personally delete the whole thing, just to be on the safe side, and get a fresh download/patch set automatically if I wanted to log onto Tribble again.

Ok thanks.
  • Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can safely delete Playtest (Tribble) and Beta (Redshirt) folders, they have no impact on the Live folder.
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its probably too late, but when LoR goes live it would have just copied the files form Tibble instead of re-downloading them again, so if you don't urgently need the space it might be worth waiting 2 weeks to reclaim it, making your LOR live install much faster.