test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New KDF Tutorial

mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So I see no posts on this so far, unless I have missed them.

So, with the character wipe (boo!), I lost all my toons of course. But it said that some folks would be able to make KDF toons now. So I did.

I played the new tutorial and honestly...it's pretty good. It's missing some stuff, like a cutscene was instead a static picture that just skipped to the end after the talking was done. But aside from that...I haven't seen any bugs whatsoever.

The only real issue is that listening to some of the VA felt...forced. Like they were trying to be someone, and not really being that person. I didn't feel convinced I was really hearing a Klingon when they spoke. Some of the text-only dialogue felt this way as well.

Don't misunderstand, for 90% of it or so it really felt very Klingon-esque, but a few bits are nagging at me that it wasn't a whole experience. Maybe I'm just too nit-picky. *shrug*
I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
Post edited by mimey2 on

Comments

• Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's OK. There's a lot of graphical glitches, like floating in between the bunks when you get attacked. The multiple voiceovers feel like I've been assimilated.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought it was pretty good myself. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No bugs like the federation cruiser not spawning when you have to rescue the seg'pa so now the mission cannot be completed because its not there nope no real bugs on the KDF tut :D
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i killed that galaxy class, and approached the seg'pa as hard as i could, but tutorial does not advance :(

guess i'll make my new romulan now

oh, and i made a nassican, because it's racial trait now ads 2% to all space damage. cool!
  • Options
    ascaladarascaladar Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, the Galaxy did not spawn so I could not continue the mission. Also as a feedback, the first bridge officer is not auto-assigned to a station and there is no tutorial that tell you to do this. Not every new player will be able find the station tab and assign the officer manually, right after starting the game for the very first time.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At the very start, I was talking to the KDF officer and the voice over about how the move your characters was also playing. im not quite sure the sequence of events but it was annoying to listen to the klingon and the instructions at the same time. maybe the help needs to fire off faster?

The opening cinematic in space did not work.

all 3 ships were there from the start. the klingon vor'cha had the decloak animation, even though it was already uncloaked to begin with. the fed ship was sitting there the whole time and did not warp it.
  • Options
    vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited May 2013
    When you get to Qo'nos, despite it saying you got a ship costume token, states you need to pay 750 zen to change you ship appearance! :eek:
  • Options
    thrynsystthrynsyst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vitzh wrote: »
    When you get to Qo'nos, despite it saying you got a ship costume token, states you need to pay 750 zen to change you ship appearance! :eek:

For what it is worth, I started a new Fed character after the wipe, and the same situation prevailed. It would cost me 750 zen to modify the appearance of my starter ship.

So, this is not only affecting Klingon players, but *all* it would appear...
  • Options
    caileachcaileach Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Rura Penthe mission was all kinds of Awesome! As a Fed I'm starting to get jealous of the Klingons, and Romulan starter missions! Now just get the bugs ironed out.
    When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative: violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way.
  • Options
    hawkishmonkhawkishmonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to say I was really enjoying the tutorial mission quite a bit and I mean who doesn't like Drake? Sadly the bug where the Galaxy doesn't spawn kept me from advancing and finding out how he manages to escape.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Is it strange when I did Rura Penthe as Romulan I had a B'rel that fired photon torpedos yet when I did it with KDF I had a B'rel that fired Plasma Torpedos?

Tutorial Missions does flow quite well. Curious why they ain't reintroducing FvK lt-ltcmdr pvp now that KDF start at lt as well lol.

Ah well got to start playing more into it again. I only wish dialogue choices mattered slightly more and you could punch Drake.

Quick Edit: Yeah just did Otha - Still no loot for first place winner lol, so no change there! XD
  • Options
    tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Basically just confirming some of the same issues other testers have experienced in the tutorial, at least as far as I could go into it.
    ascaladar wrote: »
    Same here, the Galaxy did not spawn so I could not continue the mission. Also as a feedback, the first bridge officer is not auto-assigned to a station and there is no tutorial that tell you to do this. Not every new player will be able find the station tab and assign the officer manually, right after starting the game for the very first time.

Yup, Galaxy-class did not spawn at 'Rescue the Seg'pa' for me either, shame too because I was really getting into an otherwise great tutorial. Though I didn't have the issue with the First Officer; he was auto-assigned as soon as I took command of the ship...odd. Some optional newbie BOff slotting instructions couldn't hurt though.

(I wonder if the non-spawning issue has something to do with where the trigger lines are placed or something, because the pop-up to talk with the Fed captain seems to occur a lot farther from the Seg'pa than I thought it would occur. Either that, or some hapless Fed trainee forgot to press on the brake, leaving the ship gallivanting off to who knows where. :D)
    At the very start, I was talking to the KDF officer and the voice over about how the move your characters was also playing. im not quite sure the sequence of events but it was annoying to listen to the klingon and the instructions at the same time. maybe the help needs to fire off faster?

I know the non-stopping voice overs have been an issue in-game for awhile, but having 2 of them going at the same time w/o the ability to stop either one? That's annoying.

The opening cinematic in space did not work.

all 3 ships were there from the start. the klingon vor'cha had the decloak animation, even though it was already uncloaked to begin with. the fed ship was sitting there the whole time and did not warp it.

Yessir, Fed ship is there at the beginning alongside the Klinks. Didn't even notice that the Fed ship was supposed to warp in until that part of the dialogue came along; a little confusing.

In conclusion: Please fix these, especially the first one. I was just getting to the good part. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am loving the new tutorial so far. Very detailed, it seems...more than the Romulan, even. But I've only gotten through a few parts of it.

Very nicely done from what I've seen so far! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if this is intentional, but I can't complete Friend or Foe - I follow the mission, complete it but says I've failed it?
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And wish to Sire its children!
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P