test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Cryptic Games and Services Down - 7 May (RESOLVED!)

Comments

• jowolf18jowolf18 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just think it's kinda funny that the website is still saying the Server is up......but we all know the servers are down and it will Logical to say another 4 to 5hrs of down time. As Scotty would say "She can't take anymore of this Captain or she will break apart".
  • wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    LOL teething problems i would expect if it was a just released MMO 3yrs in to it and more extended downtime in the last 2 weeks than in the last year that i can remember,not counting server stability fixes :rolleyes:

I like that twitter was updated almost the same time the game went down also LOL

now that is interesting... it was almost exactly the same time. These TRIBBLE knew it! IDIOTS!!!
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Basically ever since Neverwinter started open beta STO servers have been very unreliable, so its pretty obvious we can expect more of this as Neverwinter moves forward into full release. :(
  • sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't worry! We are ALL screaming about this! This is the second time in a row that my "awaited STO day" was disrupted by a server issue! *grumbles*
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, everyone... don't forget to shout "Microwave!" at 1000 replies, just like in the last thread-on-red-bull when the server went down.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) This appears to be due to an electrical outage (that's the rumour going around) which is something out of their control.

2) It takes *time* to add servers. I hope they are. I so hope they are.

rumour spread by who? Your grandma?
  • vhylevhyle Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tamujiin wrote: »
    Downloading non Cryptic, non PWE MMO right now.

I am tired of this.

The only reason i play this game, and deal with the day in and day out bugs, and server issues, is because i like Star trek.

I do NOT like this company.

You people have the worst crew in gaming history... FIX YOUR PROBLEMS! PLEASE!

This game was voted 2012 mmo of the year!
    Obviously it has a fan base, and alot of potential! Show pride in your work!

Which game are you downloading?
  • pertunepertune Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    down again, i think we can assume that all THREE of there games are on the same server, even though they swore that there not. seperate the servers to improve all the games stabillity , take a damn hint Perfect world.
  • wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, this is seriously... just... wow. 3 outages in the space of not even a full week. What the hell is going on?

Website wouldn't even work for a while, either.
  • scarrnscarrn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Think they need to step back look at the servers and spread the load a bit more as these servers have been very laggy the last few weeks on some space events it lags so badly its hard to play you cant even tell if you are firing weapons

Words of truth.

I KNOW it isn't my system or 50 Mbps connection causing lag. Server side is obviously bottlenecking.
  • johnharrisonloljohnharrisonlol Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) This appears to be due to an electrical outage (that's the rumour going around) which is something out of their control.

1. Rumor and how the hell would you know? It is either fact or fiction rumor just makes you sound like an idiot.

2. yes and they should have managed that "time" long before season 6 even hit.
  • captrod71captrod71 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well my launcher just loaded.......
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013

LoR will get them number one again its a brand new shiny for everyone to drool on though im probably going to start looking for a new F2P MMO.
  • wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

There is nothing wrong in Redwood City... I'm in the area. Nothing wrong.
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    logged in, but not connecting... sigh...
  • gallowsbait1gallowsbait1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Error server is online, presumably not part of their main site then? Oh wait..

And they don't pay to host in a server farm with UPS and generator back up, despite running a 24/7 online world that is their entire source of revenue? *Facepalm*

Lets try not to fob people off with ****e rumours that are still no excuse.
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Handsome Phaserguy is back DEAR GOD!!! he murdered T'TRIBBLE and put her body in the server room.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • arcaelusarcaelus Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My service is out as well.It is starting to get old.Especially when you are a gold/life member and expect to get what you pay for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • savron1savron1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    roninxl wrote: »
    Why won't Perfect World just ask Q to fix the servers??

There are days I wonder why I have a subscription to this game. I can't decide if it's more pathetic that I'm looking for something to do since Star Trek Online is down or that I'm posting on the forums about it.

Perfect World, I beg you to give me a reason not to cancel my subscription.

SERVER DOWNTIME = THE GREAT EQUALIZER
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Downloading non Cryptic, non PWE MMO right now.

I am tired of this.

The only reason i play this game, and deal with the day in and day out bugs, and server issues, is because i like Star trek.

I do NOT like this company.

You people have the worst crew in gaming history... FIX YOUR PROBLEMS! PLEASE!

Cryptic is not EA so... :rolleyes:
  • mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Via Twitter

@trekonlinegame: While the team is working to bring up all Cryptic services, we will conduct this week's #STO Holodeck maintenance to avoid Thurs. downtime.
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should give us all a free lockbox ship for all the hassle they've caused with their unstable servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sardiajaxsardiajax Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Basically ever since Neverwinter started open beta STO servers have been very unreliable, so its pretty obvious we can expect more of this as Neverwinter moves forward into full release. :(

And if that's the case (which it looks it is with all these fu*king disconnects and server craps), then my money will go elsewhere.

REALLY getting sick of this.

Spend the money and brace your infrastructure properly instead of using spit and ducktape.
  • erathielerathiel Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can imaginate how bad it will be on time LOR will be released, i fear we will have server crash every 30 minutes if they dont do anything about it.
  • wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I where PW, I'd have been embarrassed by the first crash. Humiliated by the second. And just plain ashamed of myself by this one.
  • mandatorianmandatorian Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heres some inspiration for cryptic !!!
    For every hour the games are down, the responsible server admins are deductted what equals 500 Zen pr hour to be paied to the affected community.

CRYPTIC CEO, will add another 500 to that for every 2 hours....

THAT should keep the wheels turning .... moneysucking leeches -,-
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are online again!
  • gypsyinspacegypsyinspace Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well at least it didn't happen on the 21st.

or will it........
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alexa01 wrote: »
    Never winter beta is also down because it shares a server with STO as it is owned by the same company.

What makes you so sure it is on the same Server? I don't see hope this could be.
This discussion has been closed.