test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Cryptic Games and Services Down - 7 May (RESOLVED!)

Comments

• drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    divvydend wrote: »

To all the whiners. Did you ever think it might be something that is beyond their control?

It "is" their job to make sure nothing beyond their control comes up. The customers [players] should not suffer because of the imcompetence of the provider.

Well, to be fair BranFlakes is probably the last person to hold responsible for this, him being the "community manager" and all. Though the very least he could do is arrange some form of compensation for all the downtime in the past few days.
  • warzogwarzog Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even Cryptic's Neverwinter beta is down. So it's not just STO.
    Go for the eyes, Boo! GO FOR THE EYES!!!
    (Where's a Miniature Giant Space Hamster when you need one?)
  • kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i say we make bran flakes stay with the tribble pointing a phaser at it ..comon i dare you to stop:cool:
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At the end of the day, these sort of teething problems are commonplace on online games. Hell, be thankful this isn't EVE - server maintainance EVERY DAY. So it's not really a big issue.

However.

That said, having been playing a decent SB Def at the time, I feel there is only one response to this latest outtage.
    "You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • punktribblepunktribble Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    szim wrote: »
    Well well well.... Can anybody recommend a good movie?

hmmm saw Iron-Man 3 with my son this weekend.....best laugh was at the end of the credits:rolleyes:
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warzog wrote: »

And here we go again everyone :rolleyes:
  • kepasbeleglornkepasbeleglorn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, just spent som money on ZEN to get the Vesta Pack. And minutes later the server went down. Great. I hope you'll get this fixed soon.
  • alexa01alexa01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The server seems to have crashed for everyone [since were on vent] when is this going to get fixed I understand you want to share the server for the neverwinter beta but what happens when the new expansion comes out and everyone wants to play is it going to keep crashing over and over again. This should have been a foreseen problem.
  • mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warzog wrote: »

Dont know quite how to reply to that statement .... Ill wait someone will explain why to you.
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rarmstormrarmstorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

try the wrath of khan :D
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013

JJtrek? Either one
  • vhylevhyle Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bran Flakes, can you tell the administrator of the servers to stop opening emails from the Nigerian Prince, please? I mean, there is no way he's related, and there is no way he can't not see the misspellings and bad grammar.

I know he wants 8 million pounds, but really he hasn't inherited anything. It's just a phising email, please let him know. Thanks.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Given that this is the 3rd or 4th major outage, all co-incidentally around the time of Neverwinter Open Beta testing and they have now had a good week or so to resolve these continuing issues, then yes, it should be under control.

Having ALL their games tied to a single server system is UNFORGIVABLY STUPID.

Any and every hardware administrator with even an ounce of sense will tell you not to put all your eggs in one basket and to have redundancies where possible. Given the size and scope and money involved in MMO server hardware there are no excuses at all for such slipshod amateur set ups.

This. Cryptic is being cheap, and it is costing them business. Let's see; downtime of 4 hours could have potentially cost them $1000 in c-store purchases. Apparently they feel TRIBBLE over STO customers is more cost effective than buying a few more servers for NW open beta.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Courtesy of http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online :

Account server offline (for 22 min)
    Controller checker 1 offline (for 22 min)
    Controller checker 2 offline (for 22 min)
    Error check server online (181ms)
    Patch server offline (for 22 min)
    Website offline (for 22 min)

Yet the website shows: Server Status: Up

Please get your programmers to actually check one of the hosting servers
    for status, rather than just the error check server
    (which since it is not hosting a load, never seems to go down)

Thank you!
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013

SAW, the Cryptic employees edition... Oh for watching? Sorry I thought you were looking for inspiration... What are you looking at me like that for? :D *nervous gulp*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • drapek71drapek71 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stuck on autoupdate again...
  • godfearlessgodfearless Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i hope they dont wait for the night crew to fix it that would s__k
  • fabinoudu73fabinoudu73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    At the end of the day, these sort of teething problems are commonplace on online games. Hell, be thankful this isn't EVE - server maintainance EVERY DAY. So it's not really a big issue.

However.

That said, having been playing a decent SB Def at the time, I feel there is only one response to this latest outtage.
    "You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"

Atleast EvE servers don't randomly crash like that, genius. And the daily maintenance is barely 15m long.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let's quote Spaceballs GO!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dude! 4th time the site has been down in a week. I pay , so I can complain. This is a bit much now.
  • captrod71captrod71 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    divvydend wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the time to verify there is a problem.

To all the whiners. Did you ever think it might be something that is beyond their control?
    something out of their control is typically not happening as frequent as it is here. i do understand A ONCE in a while system crash or a GERBIL dying. something going out frequently says there is a serious enough problem that needs to be fixed. that is in their control to troubleshoot and fix it
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Dunno about movie but Crash Test Dummies would be suitable music for the occasion.
  • captdeathmadcaptdeathmad Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2013
    Given that this is the 3rd or 4th major outage, all co-incidentally around the time of Neverwinter Open Beta testing and they have now had a good week or so to resolve these continuing issues, then yes, it should be under control.

Having ALL their games tied to a single server system is UNFORGIVABLY STUPID.

Any and every hardware administrator with even an ounce of sense will tell you not to put all your eggs in one basket and to have redundancies where possible. Given the size and scope and money involved in MMO server hardware there are no excuses at all for such slipshod amateur set ups.

Agreed
    Just think they should pull there fingers out of there Deep Space Hole and get some better servers!
  • roninxlroninxl Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why won't Perfect World just ask Q to fix the servers??
  • mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So im looking for a title and topic of the next episode of STOked Radio..... Any creative ideas for a title and topic?
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coresystemcoresystem Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yayyy error check server is ok...sigh.
  • cbj0nesycbj0nesy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has there been any official response from the Devs regarding this? Any estimates on when the game will be back up?
  • intrepid74656intrepid74656 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got back in.. Wonder how long it will last though..

Edit: a good 10 secs! lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    roninxl wrote: »
    Why won't Perfect World just ask Q to fix the servers??

Because Q refuses to be the one to go buy a new hamster :D
This discussion has been closed.