test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Bug] Invincible Plasma Torpedo

sojournerxsojournerx Member Posts: 69 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
I was just doing a round of the KDF Pi Canis Sortie Alpha and in the Kern system and encountered an Invincible Plasma Torpedo.

At an unguarded satellite, I first fired a Hargh'peng torpedo which brought it down to 27%. I then fired a Plasma Torpedo that not only finished the satellite off, but the thing kept on going around as if it were ready for another target.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sojournerx wrote: »
    I was just doing a round of the KDF Pi Canis Sortie Alpha and in the Kern system and encountered an Invincible Plasma Torpedo.

At an unguarded satellite, I first fired a Hargh'peng torpedo which brought it down to 27%. I then fired a Plasma Torpedo that not only finished the satellite off, but the thing kept on going around as if it were ready for another target.

Sounds like a similar problem ive encountered when using a plasma torp with the BOFF skill high yield.
    Sometimes my torp will destroy the target but the torp will then bounce back and hit me in the face the torp is supposed to detonate on impact but instead kills target rebounds into my ship.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I can't recall if I activated High Yield first or not. I probably did, but I'm not at all certain.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sojournerx wrote: »
    I can't recall if I activated High Yield first or not. I probably did, but I'm not at all certain.

I think they need to check the plasma torps and the high yield skill something is def wrong with them.
  • Options
    rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've seen that bounceback as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    In my case it wasn't a so much a bounceback as it was a barrel-through-and-keep-on-going.
  • Options
    hyoukihyouki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've seen NPC HYTs suddenly reverse and smack themselves in the face before, too, even after they said they fixed it.

Also, as long as we're bugging HYTs, can we please get them to stop stealing my focus? It's very frustrating to fire one, and then suddenly be targetting my own torp instead of my enemy.
  • Options
    rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hyouki wrote: »
    I've seen NPC HYTs suddenly reverse and smack themselves in the face before, too, even after they said they fixed it.

Also, as long as we're bugging HYTs, can we please get them to stop stealing my focus? It's very frustrating to fire one, and then suddenly be targetting my own torp instead of my enemy.

checked your targeting options yet?
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    Sometimes my torp will destroy the target but the torp will then bounce back and hit me in the face the torp is supposed to detonate on impact but instead kills target rebounds into my ship.

I have something similar in live with Tricobalts. They hit the target and seem to bouce off and not actually do any damage. I stopped using them because it was a 50/50 chance if they would even do anything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    checked your targeting options yet?

Er...no? I didn't think there would be an automatically enabled "stop shooting your enemy to target your own attack with your weapons which you can't use anyways because it's YOUR attack" option.

Is there something in particular I should be looking for?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have something similar in live with Tricobalts. They hit the target and seem to bouce off and not actually do any damage. I stopped using them because it was a 50/50 chance if they would even do anything

I've seen that too on my HY plasma torps (or the slow ones from the hyper-launcher); they'll get right up to the enemy and then...stop. And sit there. Apparently detonating was just too much of a bother for them.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    Please see my reply in another similar thread. These issues appear to be related to one another.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9725141&postcount=9
    Do any of you happen to have solid steps to reproduce this error?

- Is it on Tribble only, or also present on Holodeck (as of the most recent patch, on each) ?
    - Does it occur against a specific enemy, or can it occur against all enemies?
    - Are you using basic Plasma Torpedoes, or one of the special types obtained via the Reputation system?

Please be as accurate as possible with your answers. If you don't know an answer with certainty, it's better to say so than to speculate or assume.

Thanks!
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Please see my reply in another similar thread. These issues appear to be related to one another.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9725141&postcount=9

To answer your questions

1) Yes ive only encountered this issue on tribble

2 ) It happens with any NPC i shoot at its a 50/50 chance my torp will either detonate as
    intended or hit target not detonate or bounce off and back into me OR destroy target and fly back into me and detonate again.

3) Used basic and rom rep plasma torps with same results both do exactly the same thing

I hope this helps you bort :)