test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Admirals Hogging

combatjunkiecombatjunkie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I did do a search first.

Is there anything to be done about bunches of Fleet Admirals gobbling up all the kills/loot in "Enemy" zones in sector blocks like Sirius and Regulus?

Seriously. Are they that desperate for cheap loot?
Post edited by combatjunkie on

Comments

• sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    said it before say it again

automatic Demote to captain/retire option at level 50
    Live long and Prosper
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're probably in there finishing their Kill Accolades. Mk I loot means nothing to an Admiral who can earn over a million EC just doing a Tour the Galaxy event.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kill accolades, defense acoolades, damage acoolades, build testing.

DSE's give a good source of respawning targets combined with very poor rewards, meaning the only people they're going to be cheating are either just like them and not there for rewards, or cheating themselves just by being there instead of replaying missions or doing patrols.
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The foundry is more effective for kill/damage accolades, but I recently went into a few just to farm a few items to set aside for my Romulan Republic character :cool:
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, when I go into group settings I'm so used to everyone hitting "need" for any little drop that I automatically need on loot without thinking about it now. I don't mean to offend anyone or come across as greedy, it's just a reflex it seems I've developed from all the group stuff I do.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Battleships drop green or blue ... MK II loot in blue quality is like purrple loot in other mark gears. A blue deflector MK II costs 100K+ in the exchange. That's why some admirals go to the lower level zones, it's the only way to get low class loot for a high price, like also "Phaser Beam Array MK II [Acc]x2" sells nicely, or "Quantum Torpedo Launcher MK II [Acc]x2", or also Photon and Disruptor. Also, tactical consoles in green or blue MK II quality sell really well, imagine a green "Phaser Relay" console MK II ... worth 100K and more.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the loot is not the point. defeating the flagships is. they only spawn in a dse as far as i know. it takes 200 flagships to complete the accolade. team with me and i will "pass" so you can have all the loot. also it is a quick build check and ability/cooldown practice. playing casually it took 12.5 days to reach lvl 50 doing just the episodes. following orders left no time to do dse before lvl cap. sorry, not trying to hog.
    edited May 2013
    The system should just automatically put people of higher level then the DSE into their own instance. So a level 5 DSE should only be for 1 to 10. Anyone 11-20 should go in their own instance, and the same for each additional rank group. So if a 50 goes into a DSE he'll only be in there with people in the 40-50 rank.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i honestly wouldnt care if i was put into a LT. DSE, quickly destroying mobs just for the score value would make it significantly easier to get the accolades and if i wanted a damage accumulation accolade then i would hop into a DSE into captain rank or higher in order to get some kills quickly enough but get decent defense abilities from enemy mobs long enough to last decent pot shots from my phaser banks without it being a challenge to my ships survivability.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited May 2013
    thats not really a good way of testing out something, when i tend to try something different like a bad moving ship and such, i would rather do it in VA up against a mob of enemies in some random DSE. first to shock myself and learn to quickly adapt, its either kill or be killed as an effective lesson. flying around in LT. DSE doesnt give any indications how good your ship is in a crunch.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    They're probably in there finishing their Kill Accolades. Mk I loot means nothing to an Admiral who can earn over a million EC just doing a Tour the Galaxy event.

Guaranteed they aren't there for kill accolades, they are there for the Deep Space Encounter Accolades. Really there is no purpose for DSEs, Cryptic should get rid of them.

And you can get more than 1 Million EC in the Tour the Galaxy Event. :P
    edited May 2013
    Guaranteed they aren't there for kill accolades, they are there for the Deep Space Encounter Accolades. Really there is no purpose for DSEs, Cryptic should get rid of them.

And you can get more than 1 Million EC in the Tour the Galaxy Event. :P
    Why remove content just because you don't want to do it? If you don't want to do it, you're not required to do it. That doesn't mean other people don't enjoy doing it.

Part of the advantage to the Fed side is that there are so many ways to gain XP. I really don't see why they should decrease that. Just let people do the things they like to do.
    edited May 2013
    i havent played DSEs in a long time, virtually ignored them, but doesnt mean i want them removed. no sir.
  • combatjunkiecombatjunkie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First, thanks to all for the responses. I think I understand now. It's just frustrating when you warp into one of these and it's target-rich, then seconds later it's cleared out and you ain't got jack.

Why remove content just because you don't want to do it? If you don't want to do it, you're not required to do it. That doesn't mean other people don't enjoy doing it.

Part of the advantage to the Fed side is that there are so many ways to gain XP. I really don't see why they should decrease that. Just let people do the things they like to do.
    I have fun with them. I do they all the time and I'm on my fifth captain. It's a way to get quick, single-player action without slogging thru a mission. And lootz.
    :D
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also use them to test new ships, new weapons and to practice tactics.

I bought a Mark XII fleet Tri-coblat, first stop was a sirius sector encounter. It took out three BoPs with full sheilds when fired as a Heavy III.

When I got my Galaxy-X, I ran over to one to practice the Cloak and Phaser Lance combo.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Gain Experience? :confused:

It's been a year since they took out those missions that rewarded experience for doing DSEs. Only experience you get in them now is a few points for every kill, which makes it the slowest way to level up in STO.

And if you are there for drops, well you are better off doing Fleet Actions for items (and Dilithium in the process).
  • thecegorachthecegorach Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gain Experience? :confused:

It's been a year since they took out those missions that rewarded experience for doing DSEs. Only experience you get in them now is a few points for every kill, which makes it the slowest way to level up in STO.

And if you are there for drops, well you are better off doing Fleet Actions for items (and Dilithium in the process).

The "kill 9 groups three times and get xp" missions are still in there. It's not much, but it is more than just the few points per kill.