test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I have chosen a side

13»

Comments

• rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had chosen a side the second I heared I was to chose an ally... I am not sure if I will play a Romulan or Reman, but it will be forever KDF in the absense of a fully finished Romulan Republic faction.

From the first moment I had to play a FED it just didn't feel like me. I hate the shape of ESD, dislike almost every ship. The only ship I like is the defiant which I cannot use effectively for I am an ENG by heart.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    As a side note, I love the fact that names are not unique here. Reading this this thread I see people sharing the names of their future characters as well as what side they're going to pick. When threads pop up on other game forums regarding names, people are always like "Nope, not sharing because it will be stolen." Love being able to see people share their names, factions, and back stories without fear of having it being stolen. Good stuff.

The only names you can't use for your toons are canon names, like James T. Kirk or Jadzia Dax.

My toon can have the same name as yours, as long as it is something made up, just like there can be 100 ships in the game named Enterprize.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    The Federation. Everybody knows that allying with the KDF would have us end up as yet another Gorn/Orion/Nausicaan-like client race, and that is obviously not an option for true Romulans. With the Federation, we will at least be nominally equal partners.
    Bah!!! This is typical anti-KDF propaganda. If the Federation and starfleet is soooo big and tolerant why are there so few actual aliens in the shows compared to Humans. At least on Qo'Nos our allies are free to enjoy the spoils as long as they participate in the raids !!
  • averyddaverydd Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since I took over an hour playing with the creator setting to get a character I like I'm just going copy over my test server toon as it were. I've taken screenshots of the character creator of tribble so when it comes to making the toon on Holodeck I just copy the sliders.

Main Romulan will be an Engineer, allying with the Federation, Flying a Mogai Fleet Retrofit.

Second will be a KDF Ally, Reman Male Engineer flying a T'Varo Fleet Retrofit in Reman Colours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Original Join Date May 2009 - Real 1000 Day Veteran
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll make a Fed-allied character first. Tac.
    Then I'll see about it.

I currently have 2 Romulan as fed (using Alien template). With LOR they'll become mostly useless (RP side). So I may remake them as Romulan, but I still don't know about it, one of them have a Wells, and I spent month gathering the money for it, and both of them have omega-romulan rep rank5 and a full set of goodies (romulan weapon set and Omega gear). They also have a lot of event stuff.
    If I remake them, I'll have a sci and an engi, both fed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My very first STO toon, being completely ignorant of MMOs or even why I was picking the class, was a Tac Fed. My 2nd STO toon was an Eng KDF. I have since made (at least) one of each class on each Fed/KDF.

I think my first RR toon will be a Sci Romulan.

I will probably ally with the Fed at first as that seems most practical, as he'll have access to more. My current main fleet has a T4 Starbase/T3 Embassy. There are more Fed assets. Cryptic have historically, and will likely continue to, favor(ed) Fedside with more (the most) new toys. Romulans being the New Hotness will likely get 2nd most attention. KDF I fear may get kicked further into the corner with the other red-headed step-children.

That being said, I'm not 100%, yet. I don't know the in-game story (I'm not in the closed Beta), so I might change my mind when the time comes.

Whichever ally I do go with first, I'm certain I'll make a 2nd RR character, a Reman (who, at this point, will likely be KDF).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know I want to go KDF with my Romulans, if they ever add Cardassians as a playable faction I would make them Federation though.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I plan to play both sides- with a Fed Romulan Sci or Eng and a KDF Reman Tac.
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daemonheld wrote: »

Awww.. you got my hopes up.

I rolled a new Rom to test this.. and it still applies the scowl after allying with the KDF.

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq86/alucard1971/STO%20HD/Comparison_zps77e997fe.jpg

Is this a bug that will be addressed, or... is this just the way it is?

He's scowling cause he's thinking "Why did my creator make me so ugly?"
  • techstepman1techstepman1 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im gonna go with fed.cause it has more content.and cause ive bought everything fed on the c-store.i was considaring doing that with my kdf toons but then they announced that you cant fly the tier 5 ships of your allies.so i will stick to feds,im not gonna spend all those money get everything on the klingon side too.i like the fed omega and mako armors more anyway.

actually it would be a good thing for more people to ally with the kdf.that might actually make cryptic to make the klings a full faction(meaning equal content to fed)

just my thoughts on the matter.
  • sauron90805sauron90805 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hm, for my KDF Romulan it has already been fixed.

Whoa, makes him look like a pin-head circus freak.
  • sauron90805sauron90805 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I plan to make a liberated borg Romulan Tac to balance against my Vulcan Sci, will still go Fed though. At least the Feds will let Rommies handle their own internal affairs, whereas the Klingon Empire would just enlist and enslave them. Sure the Feds are human heavy, but at least you do see aliens on their vessels....when was the last time you saw a multi-species crew on a Klingon or Romulan vessel in the series? Plus the shows have alluded to there being entire Fed vessels crewed by a single species of Vulcans or others so its not like the series in entirely indicative of a Human First agenda.....:P