test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Controller Question

the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Controls and User Interface
Anyone have a good option for an inexpensive great controller for this game and NWO. I would love to be able to play without a keyboard finally and as I usually only use certain abilities in a sequence now I figured it was time to make it easier on myself.

I'm hoping to find a controller no more expensive then $25 but if that's not possible then I guess I'll have to buckle down with the Razer devices (I like razor as I've use nostromo for years now and their interface is very nice especially for macros).

If anyone could help me out that would be great!

~ tigirius
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    maxwilsonmaxwilson Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was thinking about this yesterday. I'm on a almost 5 year old iMac that runs Win XP. I know, I'm crazy. So in about a year I'm gonna build my next desktop and it's gonna be for gaming, and super juiced.

I work at Best Buy, and we have X-Box/PC gaming controllers. Maybe that helps.

Since I'm a PS3 player and those controllers are bluetooth, I was thinking maybe there'd be a way to hook that up to the computer.
    Veteran lifer since the beta.
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You do know that you can easily hook up a wired xbox 360 controller to the computer right? There's also a wireless transmitter/reciever that you can buy for the computer to use the wireless controllers as well, but personally for the computer I prefer the wired ones better.

For games that don't actually have controller support there is also a very inexpensive program named pinnacle so it really is the way to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For that price, your only (good) option is the Logitech Gamepad F310. I had one of the earlier models years ago, and it was reliable. Game support, however was not. I understand Logitech has much better software for this now, so it should work.

If you're willing to save up a bit more money, though, I'd hold out for the Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows. Being able to kick back and play the game from the couch is very useful! Plus, STO has built-in support for those controllers.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • Options
    matzdaadmatzdaad Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Logitech Gamepad F310

hmmm? I have a Logitech rumblepad2 in myy desk drawer... think that would work?
    MatzDaad
    Fleet: 8th Expeditionary Command
    Member since 2/15/2012

• Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    matzdaad wrote: »
    hmmm? I have a Logitech rumblepad2 in myy desk drawer... think that would work?
    It cant hurt to try, make sure you have the latest driver.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    BTW there's a sticky thread at the top of this forum if you get confused about mapping the buttons.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg