test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where the frak is Vrimek?

damienoz72damienoz72 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
I beam down to talk to Vrimek, and I find myself in a room where (a) there is no Vrimek and (b) I can not get out of.

It's a perfectly nice room - but I think this might not be QUITE the way it is supposed to work :)

Thank you

LLAP

Avarok
Post edited by damienoz72 on

Comments

• daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same deal /buged it, but unfortunately I get the following : [TicketError] Could not connect. Please try again later.

same with trying to back door report via GM request. same msg
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem. Vrimek isn't there and the Bug report feature isn't working. The QA team probably thinks they finally got the game bugfree.:D
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • grievasgrievas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I confirm that the character needed to progress the episode is not in that room.

The Episode is "cloak and dagger".
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe they have finally perfected the personal cloaking device, eh?? :D

Joking aside, stuck on that mission aswell. This is the second time we get a game breaking bug in a short ammount of time, wich is sad really. Sometimes I wonder if they even have a QA dept, since a missing NPC should not be happening, Tribble or not.

And why is the bug reporting feature itself bugged?? Does not make it any easier to report bugs, you know that, right Cryptic???
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont know if this is related....

But as I was wandering the office trying to see if he was stuck in the wall, I noticed one of my BOs was WAAAAYYYY up on the rafters in the ceiling. Impossible for any character to get up there.

Some one may have changed a value for him and he is there but simply way below the map or above. Its fairly easy to to mess up these values in the Foundry if you change the in relation to setting whether its the geometry or 0 etc.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont know if this is related....

But as I was wandering the office trying to see if he was stuck in the wall, I noticed one of my BOs was WAAAAYYYY up on the rafters in the ceiling. Impossible for any character to get up there.

Some one may have changed a value for him and he is there but simply way below the map or above. Its fairly easy to to mess up these values in the Foundry if you change the in relation to setting whether its the geometry or 0 etc.

That might be what's going on, but I have great difficulty believing that an NPC can automagically dissapear from one patch to the other, if nothing was changed.

Just seems kinda odd you know...
  • rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    Maybe they have finally perfected the personal cloaking device, eh?? :D

Joking aside, stuck on that mission aswell. This is the second time we get a game breaking bug in a short ammount of time, wich is sad really. Sometimes I wonder if they even have a QA dept, since a missing NPC should not be happening, Tribble or not.

And why is the bug reporting feature itself bugged?? Does not make it any easier to report bugs, you know that, right Cryptic???

I think we're the QA department, at least for Legacy of Romulus. And yes I have the same problem. No Vrimek.
  • gunneracegunnerace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here, I have played the level before and had no problems. :confused:
  • damienoz72damienoz72 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They'll fix it. This is why they do this sort of testing.... but its a bit frustrating.
  • ikodesuraikodesura Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having this problem too...
    Dammit after this mission I get my Mogai >:c

Edit: Tried the standard Abort Mission/Drop and Pick back up wiith no luck :-/
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uh..Frak?

well i guess battleSTAR Trekktica could work lol
  • mrwuffausmrwuffaus Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried to report it as well but i also get that message that says it cant connect or something.

Its weird.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the very same problem. Funny, first those Nausicaans don't wanna fight me, than that Reman scumbag doesn't show up... sigh
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • outooffocusoutooffocus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup , wrote down the same issue on my bug sheet
    I tried beaming up and back down , close the game and start back up and wait a while , do another mission and come back , but Vrimek took a while off from his job or something
  • prospro963prospro963 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    damienoz72 wrote: »

It's a perfectly nice room - but I think this might not be QUITE the way it is supposed to work :)

It could do with some aesthetics ... like a door :D
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here!! the only thing yhat makes sence now is sela and her men got there first....
    were too late :confused::(
  • yepidiedagainyepidiedagain Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Vrimek's still missing, if someone bumps in to him in a bar somewhere could you politely tap on his shoulder and tell him he's needed in the Delta Corvi System. :D

Oh and yeah, having same problem as the rest.
  • qatrokqatrok Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vrimek is still missing maybe he has joined the vulcans :D and the bug reports are working either
  • adrianasrxadrianasrx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    damienoz72 wrote: »
    I beam down to talk to Vrimek, and I find myself in a room where (a) there is no Vrimek and (b) I can not get out of.

Thank you

LLAP

Avarok

There is another thread named "Cloak and Dagger" and fyi I am having the same issue trying to find Vrimek
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, same here. This mission has been uncompleteable for a few days now sadly...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• suntarusuntaru Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FYI for All: Under Episodes, You can now skip this mission and go on to the next. According to what it says, by doing that it makes that mission optional. At least we can check out the rest of the content for any other possible bugs. :) I hope this helps everyone.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem. Vrimek isn't there and the Bug report feature isn't working. The QA team probably thinks they finally got the game bugfree.:D

Well

1: YOU are the QA team... Cryptic uses players for dedicated QA testing...

2: The devs probably havn't received bug reports recently, wich might indicate a bug free game ^^ (obviously that was a joke... you may laugh)
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    suntaru wrote: »
    FYI for All: Under Episodes, You can now skip this mission and go on to the next. According to what it says, by doing that it makes that mission optional. At least we can check out the rest of the content for any other possible bugs. :) I hope this helps everyone.

Thanks for reminding everyone; I was just about to do the same until I saw your post. I guess we will have to wait a while before we can proceed with the rest of this particular mission as our contact is nowhere to be found.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher