test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus Preview

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Missed my Legacy of Romulus livestream yesterday? Check out the recorded version of the preview here, courtesy of Raptr!

Link to the video.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    leosg1leosg1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thnx to all the crew at Cryptic and you Brandon for the hard work, LoR is turning out to be one of the greatest update to the game ever. :)
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i did not miss it! but i missed winning lol
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yeah... sad, isn't it? :(

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    bobogheimbobogheim Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I watched the whole video description about the tutorial to playing a Romulan.

Good video and looking forward to playing this on the Open Beta and when it comes out on 21st May.

I have played the new episodes for the KDF on tribble and I like a episode that take place on Rura Penthe.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't aware of the livestream but I have just watched the recording. And in the two hours, I only have one thing to say;

DAT. CORE. :O
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The story so far reminds me of Battlestar Galactica A peaceful Colony has a celebration of that feat without the Cylons. The Cylons attack and the colony itself reminds me of Caprica. I like the original BSG so instead of the STO opera i'm going with the opening to BSG lol.

The Elathi ship looks like a Cylon Basestar. The Romulan Republic uniforms look like they belong to the Colonial Warriors lol.

I love BSG btw and i find this awesome.

Elathi "By Your Command" LOL every time i see an actual Elathi ill play that 80's voice in my head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear Branflakes,

Aim and crouch.

Regards,
    Subu
  • Options
    prussiajunkerprussiajunker Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im not sure but I think the Elathi might be the race from Star Trek: Enterprise episode "Silent Enemy". I think this is them because the voice thing they did is similar to how they communicated with Enterprise NX-01, using words that the Captain said to communicate.

Any way the game looks AMAZING and i cant wait for May 21
  • Options
    url1kurl1k Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Don't be too upset. The code Raptr sent me when I won a starter pack didn't work anyway. :(

On the flip side though, loved his presentation.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    url1k wrote: »
    Don't be too upset. The code Raptr sent me when I won a starter pack didn't work anyway. :(

On the flip side though, loved his presentation.

Can you private message me on the forums what code you were given? I have access to all the codes and I can see if it was off by a digit or something like that. Also include your Twitch display name and a copy of the message you received.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would not normally say this but "one hot Romulan"
    you might want to be a tiny bit careful in drozana etc
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    Would not normally say this but "one hot Romulan"
    you might want to be a tiny bit careful in drozana etc

Ugh. Don't remind me about Drozana. It looks like a generic warehouse now. No character at all.

Everything else about what's on Tribble = YAY :P (yes, I'm in closed beta, so that includes Rommies)
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adwynyth wrote: »
    Ugh. Don't remind me about Drozana. It looks like a generic warehouse now. No character at all.

Everything else about what's on Tribble = YAY :P (yes, I'm in closed beta, so that includes Rommies)

The new drozana on tribble seems less ferengi and more starfleet i like the one on the holodeck better the new one seems so...empty and reminds me of ESD.

I go to drozana to get away from ESD not go to another version of it sheesh
  • Options
    livinrtblivinrtb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great show Branflakes...

The code I got from raptr worked fine...I gave it to my Wife and we are both Excited for the LoR release...Keep up the great work...

P.S.
    Show PvP some Love Cryptic

Good Luck And Have Fun Out There...
    @LIVIN
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shooting and backing up, you must have intended to make her a Fed ally, one meant for the KDF side would have just used a cca.:P

Shooting a non moving enemy from behind, how cowardly, keep spinning to keep your forword weapons on target. Your enemies must always know you will totally destroy any who stand against them.

I cant believe you just glossed past the customization of the T'varo, im dying here.:confused:

Overall i really loved the video of the live stream, truly wonderful.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    diabolicaltroopdiabolicaltroop Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried to watch the video off of twitch and it was horrible, freezing up and stopping and starting it got so bad I had to give up. Please do not blame my PC I am on a 20 meg cable and my PC is a gaming unit I spec built 3 years ago and it runs STO with out a hitch at full resolution. I have been playing since STO went FTP and have been enjoying the hell out of it. Really looking forward to doing a Romulan character.
    KDF Ancient House of Seplch
    Dahar Master "Epitai" Kelrok son of Pok Seplch House Leader Tactical
    General Babd Grace O'Malley House Seplch Science Officer
    Fleet Admiral Quintus Savat House Seplch Tactical Officer
  • Options
    diabolicaltroopdiabolicaltroop Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just watched the live stream replay and did not have the problems with twitch, I just hope that all the Klingon ships will be improved graphically soon including better interiors. I know that the Klingons tend to get short shift because most of the players choose fed rat, but please consider improving the Klingon ships and ambiance.
    KDF Ancient House of Seplch
    Dahar Master "Epitai" Kelrok son of Pok Seplch House Leader Tactical
    General Babd Grace O'Malley House Seplch Science Officer
    Fleet Admiral Quintus Savat House Seplch Tactical Officer