test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I have chosen a side

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Currently playing a KDF Romulan on tribble. Will create a Fed Liberated Borg Romulan on Holodeck called i of pi to go with my main Fed Liberated Borg Human i of e. Just too bad I can't use the pi symbol.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also Romulan KDF ally get awesome uniforms...and Fingerless gloves...something the KDF don't even get..... I made a halfbreed Romulan Klingon (pretty much a Klingon with pointy ears) and it looks glorious.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    KDF. Elite fleet phasers on a Romulan warbird ? Nah. It's going to be disruptors for me. More opportunities for a Romulan freelancer. The House of Duras is paying well...
    Plus, I prefer Klingon warships over fed spacewhales as wingmen.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Currently playing a KDF Romulan on tribble. Will create a Fed Liberated Borg Romulan on Holodeck called i of pi to go with my main Fed Liberated Borg Human i of e. Just too bad I can't use the pi symbol.

But those are so... irrational...

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    My Reman will ally with the Empire, so I can have a battle of the minds with a Lethean.:cool:

Betazoids. Just saying. :P
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jbmaverick wrote: »
    But those are so... irrational...

And imaginary and complex which is why it is such an effective weapon against the Borg Collective.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jbmaverick wrote: »
    And the Klingons didn't show themselves to be honorless opportunists when they invaded Romulan space in an attempt to take it over right after the Romulan planet was destroyed by a supernova...

Even so, Remans could most likely quickly achieve full citizenship rights within the KDF which would be better than remaining enslaved to Sela or the goonshiar, and better than having to share cloak tech with the Feds.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My character is going to be Torin (a Romulan spin on my little nephew's name), a Romulan Engineer who will be siding with the Federation, but only because my Fed fleet is a small family/friends fleet and it needs all the resources I can muster!
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...my Fed fleet is a small family/friends fleet and it needs all the resources I can muster!

This has also played into my reasons for choosing the Federation.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also Romulan KDF ally get awesome uniforms...and Fingerless gloves...something the KDF don't even get..... I made a halfbreed Romulan Klingon (pretty much a Klingon with pointy ears) and it looks glorious.

*g* I made one too on Tribble the trick for a good half-breed is to be mindful of which way the ridges point.;) For now I made a BO for my KDF main out of the concept. I don't want to get sick of the Romulans by immediately playing 4 chars.:D
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for latinum, I can tell you the Republic doesn't have any. But what we do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills that make us a nightmare for creatures like you. If you leave the Republic now and join Starfleet, that'll be the end of it.
    I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

My character, a true Romulan, is looking forward to meet yours.

;)
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for all your replies and even Branflakes joined in, thanks, and btw Bran ill be right with you and the KDF.

My name will be Javen based upon my real name and my handle Jake and my original fed character name Jake Ryder (derived from Batman the Animated series Reporter Jack Ryder or Creeper). Drop the K and add a V and N.

As for species well if your a Romulan with a Legacy Pack can you add Reman materials to your warbird's regardless? I hope it would go with my ship name.

I.R.R Stormraven, based upon the Warbird in the Armada of Star Trek Destiny series which was a Crow not Raven and also used Seven's parents ship since it was a lone explorer like me.

Species: Romulan

Ship class T'Valo Refit so i can have that massive plasma torp in TOS. Plus its small fast and has the potential of great combat tactics like the trademark "Drop and Run". Plus it looks sick in Reman colors and looks like a Raven, if i can have the building materials while i'm a Rommie because of my Legacy Pack.

Another reason i want to be KDF, i've never seen Qonos, Rura Penthe, anything Klingon so this is exploration too, but id hate to be Klingon makes me feel dirty, no offence.

It gives an allure of mystery, it looks spectacular (the city) but in the inside its all filth, a perfect smuggler hangout.

1313 star trek style since they cancelled it :( (Who cares Trek is better anyway LOL)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    I am choosing my own side where I back-stab the Feds and Klinks the first chance ... oh I forgot it is not thaaaat faction. :D
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My first Romulan Republic character will be B'Ran, a Liberated Borg (science). He'll be allying with the KDF.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon,

Is the "Klingon Scowl" that is applied to your Romulan when allying with them a bug? I've only gotten 1 KDF to end cap.. and running a Rom would definitely be a draw (especially with there being 1-50 progression again), but the scowl is definitely a game-breaker for me.

screenshot_2013-04-23-06-51-12_zps096a5c00.jpg

Please tell me that's a bug, and will be fixed before launch..? Please! :confused:

Jolan'tru
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daemonheld wrote: »
    Brandon,

Is the "Klingon Scowl" that is applied to your Romulan when allying with them a bug? I've only gotten 1 KDF to end cap.. and running a Rom would definitely be a draw (especially with there being 1-50 progression again), but the scowl is definitely a game-breaker for me.

screenshot_2013-04-23-06-51-12_zps096a5c00.jpg

Please tell me that's a bug, and will be fixed before launch..? Please! :confused:

Jolan'tru

Hm, for my KDF Romulan it has already been fixed.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These Romulans-join-the-KDF threads are getting almost funny, like trying to mix peer pressure and begging to add some numbers to the KDF (probably why the story mission is as slanted as it is, either that or just sloppy writing). That, or people just looking for a reason to be the counterculture Bad Guy and pick fights wherever possible, to feel like they're 'sticking it to the man' or some such nonsense. Its amusing.
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was going to go with "Mhae ir-Virinat T'Rillas" as name for my first Legacy of Romulus character, a romulan female. Though I was tied between choosing tactical and science professions... I wanted to try out something similar to the Bird of Prey spike damage builds, so tactical meets my needs best for that.

My preferred ship choices kind of gravitate between the T'varo and the Dhelan - I'm likely going to settle on the T'varo retrofit in the end due to my really liking its looks (enhanced battle cloak is a bonus, but not one I plan to depend on).

As for my ally choice, I'm leaning more towards the Federation at this time.

Not that the KDF doesn't have its perks: I find their uniforms quite stylish, they have attractive universal consoles, and they make a pallatable story choice. But I'm actually dreading my romulan bridge officers suddenly all getting concerned about Klingon honor and going Qa'pla on me.

That makes Federation win out of the two. The outfit choice could be nice, though honestly the Neutral Republic uniform is the one I favor so far. Having played my Federation captain and seen the relief effort I tried to contribute to the independent Romulans, getting the Federation as allies just feels like the more natural choice - I feel they've kind of earned the trust of my future-to-be romulan character. And going fed-side doesn't worry me overmuch about Boff mission chatter. if my career choice would've been science, that would reinforce that point of view, as Starfleet prizes knowledge and academia more than the Klingons.

It feels the most appropriate choice to me, but I don't much enjoy the idea of this being a zero-sum game and making the KDF my enemy in the process. Another matter that makes me smart even more is making fellow republicans whom choosed the KDF as allies turn out being my opponents too if they and I get mixed up into that petulant war the Federation and Klingons have going in Eta Eridani - a choice is picked because it must, not because I like being forced into such a dilemma.
  • tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't decided yet, myself. Both of my fleets are dead aside from one or two people logging on here and there. In regards to a Starfleet leaning captain, I would base that choice on Unification. Maybe have my captain be someone who was a student of Spock as a young man, and now that there are good relations with the Federation, he intends to fully pursue that cause.

Of course, I do love my Klingons! Perhaps like Nero, my captain will have lost everything and everyone during the Hobus Incident, and holds the same animosity towards the Federation. Perhaps he is from a family that was key in establishing relations and eventual alliance with the House of Duras, and is taking this opportunity to further strengthen those ties, while carving out a piece of the Empire for himself and his own house.

I am as yet undecided, but as I find myself playing my KDF captain more than my Fed, I will very likely go that route. And I'm not telling a name, I have yet to decide lol.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These Romulans-join-the-KDF threads are getting almost funny, like trying to mix peer pressure and begging to add some numbers to the KDF (probably why the story mission is as slanted as it is, either that or just sloppy writing). That, or people just looking for a reason to be the counterculture Bad Guy and pick fights wherever possible, to feel like they're 'sticking it to the man' or some such nonsense. Its amusing.

Or - and this might seem crazy - people are just really excited to play, and are having a conversation about it.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have 2 KDF VAs I don't play anymore. So I will ditch them and make 2 Romulans or 1 Romulan and 1 Reman for KDF.

Nevertheless, my first Romulan will ally with the Federation.
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    Or - and this might seem crazy - people are just really excited to play, and are having a conversation about it.

That's crazy talk!

KDF for my rommie. Disenchanted no more?
    Reman, KDF

It makes more sense to me than allying with the KDF as a Romulan. Now there's two species who just do not get along lately. Klingons do seem to have quite some respect for Remans, however. Since Remans are a warrior race themselves, Klingons probably see them as kindred souls of sort.
    I remember in the first Titan novel, the Klingons actually took Remans under their protection, offering them a place to settle in Klingon space.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One of both for me.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks to Mr. Spidey2

i have slight change in the plans.

Everything is the same except i'll be Reman instead of Romulan.

So the million dollar question is there a difference between the KDF/Reman and Fed/Reman uniform.

PLEASE SAY YES!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't know yet, depends mostly on the costumes.

Which is sort of troubling because it means 4 characters to get all the costumes, I am hoping I will hate the romulan fed look enough to ignore it.

Hopefully, 1 female reman kdf and 1 female romulan kdf.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With a Romulan and Reman to be played. I will do the Romulan on Fed and Reman on KDF. At least what I'm thinking for now. However time will show in the weeks to come. After the game goes live.

I just see the Romulans working with the Feds a lot easier. Even during the Dominion War the Klingons didn't want them there. And was fighting them at the meetings. Unless I see a big story change on the KDF side that provides other wise. As I just started the Romulan grind on my KDF over the weekend.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • vhylevhyle Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am going to ammend my choice, I'm no longer going to go Federation for my Romulan.

I've been playing a little bit of the KDF, and even though there may not be as many people as Federation, the mood and feel I get from the faction is way more than I get from Federation.

I guess I like the way the KDF side looks and feels. Not many do, apparently, but I like it.

I've made an Orion Female (close to how I look but obviously no where near, obviously). I like the raider type, shield maiden, viking type vibe I get when I play KDF. It feels right to me.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most likely people will be going KDF with their Romulan Sci's do to the combination power you can achieve with running plasmonic leech, 2pc KHG deflector and engine with the maco/adapted khg shield and running 2x energy siphon (could just use 1 with a deflector officer doff but cryptic hasn't fixed the bug with that doff yet).

I think they should call it Bugacy of Romulus... If you want to play romulan and have equality of all the bugs the fed and kdf have to offer this expansion is for you!
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Given the flow of the story, I think a lot of newer players are going to be coerced into sided with the KDF as well. In my opinion, it paints them in a better light than the Federation - who come across as overly chatty and almost openly hostile. KDF are moreso portrayed in a 'I'll cut you down where you stand if you look at me wrong, but get me a drink and we can politely smile at each other'.

Personally, and I'm not sure if it was an intentional design choice, but I'm hoping it will help balance out the population.
  • daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hm, for my KDF Romulan it has already been fixed.

Awww.. you got my hopes up.

I rolled a new Rom to test this.. and it still applies the scowl after allying with the KDF.

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq86/alucard1971/STO%20HD/Comparison_zps77e997fe.jpg

Is this a bug that will be addressed, or... is this just the way it is?