test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why not make BOffs Bound To Account?

pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
Right now BOffs are bound to characters so once the BOff is in your crew that BOff is stuck there (or has to be discharged).

It would make perfect sense to make BOffs bound to the account rather than bound to the character so that way if you have a great BOff and decide to switch to a different primary player/toon you can transfer the great BOff to the other player on your account rather than being forced to build the same BOff for the other player/toon on your own account.

Am I the only one who REALLY wants this?
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
Post edited by pweistheworst on

Comments

• Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What tomfoolery is this? MOST boffs aren't bound at all. You cannot, however, trade boffs without first removing their equipment, and they must be traded directly with the Trade window, rather than Exchange or Mail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    boootzboootz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you bound Boffs it would be impossible to train them for other people... You can trade them. Just take off all their gear.
  • Options
    mwildermwilder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think he is looking more to move the boff to another toon, so if it was account bound, he could (take his super cool boff from his tac toon and use them on a new toon) and not have to retrain new boffs
    Liberty Task Force
    "Liberty, Equality, Justice, Peace & Cooperation"

http://www.libertytaskforce.com
  • Options
    kulgrimkulgrim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It sounds like what he wants is already in, he would simply need to have a friend help facilitate the trade. Or if he has access to 2 computers, or if this game allows dual clients, simply create a dummy account to facilitate the trade.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mwilder wrote: »
    I think he is looking more to move the boff to another toon, so if it was account bound, he could (take his super cool boff from his tac toon and use them on a new toon) and not have to retrain new boffs
    Quite the opposite. As the boffs are currently not bound, he can give them to a friend, switch toons and have the friend give them back, thus getting them on that new toon. If they were account bound, that would be impossible.
  • Options
    admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Liberated Borg are bound after being opened. The mission reward Borg is also Bound. The Remans & Jem'hadr are bound full stop otherwise they can be traded/sold
  • Options
    mwildermwilder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warpangel wrote: »
    Quite the opposite. As the boffs are currently not bound, he can give them to a friend, switch toons and have the friend give them back, thus getting them on that new toon. If they were account bound, that would be impossible.

Yes this is ture, as I have done it with all my purple boffs. but since they are not bound anyway why not make it easier to transfer. not everyone has friends that they would trust to transfer stuff with... I get what he is saying I too hate having to train a new crew, but such is life...

But then again look at his handle "pweistheworst" so maybe nothing works for him/her just saying
    Liberty Task Force
    "Liberty, Equality, Justice, Peace & Cooperation"

http://www.libertytaskforce.com
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bound to account would prevent or at least greatly hinder players from applying particular powers to their boffs based on the captain's career, such as TS3, APO3, EptX3 etc.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bound to account would prevent or at least greatly hinder players from applying particular powers to their boffs based on the captain's career, such as TS3, APO3, EptX3 etc.

Not if a player could transfer them to another char via the account bank.
    Otherwise I agree, this idea would be most counterproductive.
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Boffs should NEVER become bound in any fashion other than the ones that are unigue rewards such as the ones from mission rewards.

However, I think what the op is actually asking for is the ability to easily transfer them from 1 character to another. This could simply be done by allowing Boffs to be sent via the mail system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »

However, I think what the op is actually asking for is the ability to easily transfer them from 1 character to another. This could simply be done by allowing Boffs to be sent via the mail system.

YES. This!
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.