test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Raptr Pet

daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Ten Forward
I saw rift get this Raptr pet and would like for sto to get one plz plz make it so cryptic !!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
macronius wrote: »
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Post edited by daan2006 on

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please, no. Just no. I don't want those running around a Star Trek game.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    shaddam01shaddam01 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please, yes. Just yes. I loved those running around a Star Trek game. :)
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    I saw rift get this Raptr pet and would like for sto to get one plz plz make it so cryptic !!!!!

Aww, too cute.

And so very very wrong for Star Trek.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sander233 wrote: »
    Aww, too cute.

And so very very wrong for Star Trek.

I don't see it any wrong then the 8 eyed space bunnies we have lava monsters and oh yes monkeys and spiders

and lets not get in to this so wrong for trek when this game all ready dose so many things wrong for trek
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't see it any wrong then the 8 eyed space bunnies we have lava monsters and oh yes monkeys and spiders

and lets not get in to this so wrong for trek when this game all ready dose so many things wrong for trek

At least I can imagine an epohh or mugato showing up in an episode. But this thing? No, no, I cannot.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    At least I can imagine an epohh or mugato showing up in an episode. But this thing? No, no, I cannot.

I can and again space bunnies spiders moneys and I can name a lot more and sorry if I have a biger imagination then you and also again lets not get in to this not right for trek when the game dose a lot of things not right for trek

point is game all ready has a lot of pets that should not be pets
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I can and again space bunnies spiders moneys and I can name a lot more and sorry if I have a biger imagination then you and also again lets not get in to this not right for trek when the game dose a lot of things not right for trek

Yeah, but a walking advertisement for an unrelated social network is just way too out of the question, in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, but a walking advertisement for an unrelated social network is just way too out of the question, in my opinion.

then maybe you didn't know Raptr has dun rewards for sto before so I don't see it out of the question don't forget Raptr is hosting a give away right now as I type this for legacy of romulus packs

http://raptr.com/rewards/sto-holodeck-bundle

http://raptr.com/LinkSmash/news/517ee3bed3836fbc23/raptr-community-event-star-trek-online-legacy-of-romulus-exclusive-preview?comment_id=

http://raptr.com/rewards/sto-captains-critter

http://raptr.com/rewards/sto-bridge-officer-bundle

there is more but not going to link every thing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    then maybe you didn't know Raptr has dun rewards for sto before so I don't see it out of the question don't forget Raptr is hosting a give away right now as I type this for legacy of romulus packs

http://raptr.com/rewards/sto-holodeck-bundle

http://raptr.com/LinkSmash/news/517ee3bed3836fbc23/raptr-community-event-star-trek-online-legacy-of-romulus-exclusive-preview?comment_id=

http://raptr.com/rewards/sto-captains-critter

http://raptr.com/rewards/sto-bridge-officer-bundle

I know about that.

I am talking about the little dino thing running around our game not being a good idea.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I know about that.

I am talking about the little dino thing running around our game not being a good idea.

I don't see how a raptr pet going to hurt your game play
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    malffurionmalffurion Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I +++++ 1 this
  • Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know about that.

Not totally disagreeing with you but we got a lot of other useless pets in this game so no harm with one more. I just wish it would be more "Star Trek" type though. Now if we were playing Flintstones Online, it would totally fit.

I have that pet in Rift and won't use it (or any other pet including some dropped from rifts in the game). Non-combat pets that do nothing I see as waste but I won't stop people from getting them. CoX spoiled me with their pets that actually did buffs. Now I can't get why people want pets that do nothing.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey man, my xcomp pet is not useless! It floats and stuff :P
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They could make it more Gorn like for those not into cute.
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Because those are alien species that are mostly established in canon (not the epohh, obviously.)

The raptor - whatever species of dromaeosaur that is actually supposed to be - has been extinct for 65-80 million years.

Although I'll grant it is within the realm of plausibility that some Federation scientist genetically recreated an extinct terrestrial dinosaur, or that the Preservers might have saved a handful from an asteroid, but these wouldn't be cute little non-combat pets.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star Trek Jurassic Park Edition!? :eek:
  • Options
    jorumgandrjorumgandr Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG, I would join raptr just to get one of those.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sander233 wrote: »
    Because those are alien species that are mostly established in canon (not the epohh, obviously.)

The raptor - whatever species of dromaeosaur that is actually supposed to be - has been extinct for 65-80 million years.

Although I'll grant it is within the realm of plausibility that some Federation scientist genetically recreated an extinct terrestrial dinosaur, or that the Preservers might have saved a handful from an asteroid, but these wouldn't be cute little non-combat pets.

again lets not do the whole canon because canon in this game went out the door day 1 its a harmless pet that would in no way kill or hurt your game play you your self even said it was cute and that's why I would like to have it ive always thought the Raptr dino was cute and when I saw rift get one just made me want one for sto so bad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    dcmstechdcmstech Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why not have it as a holo-pet.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dcmstech wrote: »
    Why not have it as a holo-pet.

I like this and would give it the trek fell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    suntarusuntaru Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the best idea for the Raptr item is to make it an accolade to be put in a players personal ship.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    you just took it from being a pet to a trophy and im sad this pet would kill some player's immersion or hurt there game play by this pet it is just sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    dcmstechdcmstech Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why the issues with canon, canon for most has been tossed out the airlock a long time ago and for others this is a fun thing to have. The last Raptr promo seemed to be popular as well. IMO this would be a fun quirky reward. :P
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, some people want one, other people don't, hmmm, how to solve it. AH! I know, those who want one can go play pokemon and leave trek unmollested. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    suntaru wrote: »
    I think the best idea for the Raptr item is to make it an accolade to be put in a players personal ship.

Or an alternative hull badge, that way people can quietly enjoy it, it non intrusive, no one's tripping over it and it can still be added... Come to think of it, we need more hull badges for non fleet players, so they can change it to match their char's background... ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dcmstech wrote: »
    Why the issues with canon, canon for most has been tossed out the airlock a long time ago and for others this is a fun thing to have. The last Raptr promo seemed to be popular as well. IMO this would be a fun quirky reward. :P

Why the issue with canon? Well, I use them a lot and I don't want anyone messing with them except my chief engineer, lol. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No. Its doing stupid things like that that ends up killing games

which has nothing to do with putting TRIBBLE like that in a game that it shouldn't be in. You're trying to make excuses for poor decisions
    I don't see how a raptr pet going to hurt your game play

it has nothing to do with gameplay, its not supposed to be there. by your logic lets add borg ninjas that juggle pop tarts, because, you know, they won't hurt your gameplay cause they're pets. right?
    Not totally disagreeing with you but we got a lot of other useless pets in this game so no harm with one more.

1. other useless pets have nothing to do with it
    2. yes it does harm someone - it harms the game
    again lets not do the whole canon because canon in this game went out the door day 1

spout your bs somewhere else. do not make excuses for bad decisions
    its a harmless pet that would in no way kill or hurt your game play

putting things that don't belong into a game does hurt the game
    you your self even said it was cute and that's why I would like to have it ive always thought the Raptr dino was cute and when I saw rift get one just made me want one for sto so bad

think before you speak. thats the mentality of a child. 'it looks pretty so it should be in the game' isn't a valid reason to do anything. it is however every reason not to, if thats your kind if justification for doing things that make no sense
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    some one got up on the wrong side of the bed today :rolleyes:

and a pet a game killer lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    some one got up on the wrong side of the bed today :rolleyes:

and a pet a game killer lol

Not totally against it. I won't use it like every other non-combat pet in this game. But Raptr did that pet for a game before they did it for Rift. And that one was themed more for that game with little bat wings on the back and flew. I just say make it more Star Trek themed if they add it. Again, I won't use it and will definitely have a code for someone IF I even bother to claim it. But I won't stop others from getting it if they want.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.