test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Increase level cap??

rich45039rich45039 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Just wondering if there are plans to increase the level cap any time soon?
Post edited by rich45039 on

Comments

• kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    last i heard it wont be until around the end of the year
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • darkkindness2darkkindness2 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    last i heard it wont be until around the end of the year

Yep, I don't have a link handy, but Cryptic have said in several places that there are plans for raising the level cap later this year, obviously subject to change based on the development schedule.

In regard to hating Star Trek 2009:
    kain9prime wrote: »
    IDIC fail.
  • fataiityx3fataiityx3 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I might be in the minority, but I don't want a the level cap moved up. 99% of the game happens post level 50 anyway.
    edited May 2013
    fataiityx3 wrote: »
    I might be in the minority, but I don't want a the level cap moved up. 99% of the game happens post level 50 anyway.

*shrug* It'll be just like a level cap raise in any MMO. People who are currently capped and geared will hit the new cap in an absurdly short period of time, and then there'll be new gear to grind for and new 'endgame' content to repeat.

Overall, I'm for it, since it'll move the end game along from what we've got now (hopefully), and they've discussed finding ways for us to use our non-primary ships with the higher Admiralty/General ranks that we'll get with the level cap increase, which sounds like an interesting idea.

IDIC fail.
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited May 2013

True, but the problem that's starting to exist is that players are maxing out already the level 50 cap, with full reputation in both Omega and New Romulus, on multiple characters, their fleets are beginning to get to Tier 5 starbase and Tier 3 Embassy, so people are going to start running out of things to do here shortly.

With LoR that'll change a bit with most people running up a new Romulan, probably a new Klingon, and maybe a new Reman, then run their characters through the Tholian rep system while trying to farm purple mk xii warp and singularity cores.

The other issue that's happening really is that if you're already max rep in New Romulus and Omega, why the heck would you even both with Tholian?

So the easiest way is, to let LoR go live, let them all get pretty close to finishing up the reps on their new characters, then raise the level cap, forcing people to level up all their characters again, and start the grind all over again for the new shiny equipment that'll give a 0.0001% increase to their efficiency.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We are admirals and we need Admiral content. Admiral content involves controlling more than one ship so as we gain ranks, then we gain more ships to control. So it could involve sending your unused ships on missions similar to duty officer assignments and helping you in combat. The ships would be taken from your ship selection roster so that ship you paid $25 for and haven't touched for months will no longer be gathering dust.
  • edmunddukeedmundduke Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm looking forward to commanding a fleet of ships. Fleet of carriers... allied ships everywhere. Huehuehue.

Although I've heard they won't increase the level cap... but they will increase the rank.
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really getting sick of people wanting the level cap increase. I like being level 50. I like that most of the content ends and starts at level 50. I like that most items end at Level 50. Stop it.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • vhylevhyle Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    We are admirals and we need Admiral content. Admiral content involves controlling more than one ship so as we gain ranks, then we gain more ships to control. So it could involve sending your unused ships on missions similar to duty officer assignments and helping you in combat. The ships would be taken from your ship selection roster so that ship you paid $25 for and haven't touched for months will no longer be gathering dust.

I really like this idea, and can be easily implemented for all the factions. It would make keeping ships actually mean something. Even if this system is a sort of pseudo copy/paste of the doff system, I think people would really enjoy using it.

Also, about this idea, I think the ships equipment has to play a factor in their missions, and also they need to be crewed. So, you could have another pool of officer's gained, even if it's just captains (possibly maybe promoting your own boff's to their own command) would be kinda cool.

Seriously Starkaos, that's a great idea rigth there. You should copy your post and mine, throw it in the suggestion forum.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vhyle wrote: »
    I really like this idea, and can be easily implemented for all the factions. It would make keeping ships actually mean something. Even if this system is a sort of pseudo copy/paste of the doff system, I think people would really enjoy using it.

Also, about this idea, I think the ships equipment has to play a factor in their missions, and also they need to be crewed. So, you could have another pool of officer's gained, even if it's just captains (possibly maybe promoting your own boff's to their own command) would be kinda cool.

Seriously Starkaos, that's a great idea rigth there. You should copy your post and mine, throw it in the suggestion forum.

Actually, it would involve promoting your bridge officers to Captain and equipment is obviously a main component of it. Basically it would be away teams in space except for the obvious differences between ground and space combat.
    edited May 2013
    Really getting sick of people wanting the level cap increase. I like being level 50. I like that most of the content ends and starts at level 50. I like that most items end at Level 50. Stop it.
    vhyle wrote: »

Here's a relevant quote from November 2012's Ask Cryptic:
    Q: (cbp4964) Will we ever be able to send out bridge officers off on separate missions, or have them accompany us to battle in ships we assign them from our own selection?

Dstahl: We have some pretty awesome plans for when we increase ranks to Admiral level 60 which make good use of your bridge officers, ships, and crew. We ultimately want full Admirals to command their fleets. You'll have to wait until at least Season 9 to get more details though.

In short, level cap increase is happening, and Cryptic are already discussing ideas to use our non-primary ships.

/thread

IDIC fail.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Probably would be little difference like when they raised the cap prior to F2P.

All endgame NPCs get bumped up to the new level and we play with the new tricks. Maybe one or two new Captain powers, maybe somekind of ship upgrade (since they said they know people don't want to buy T6 ships after buying so many T5 C-store ships).

So pretty much there would be little change.