test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

42nd Tactical Combat Wing

caocaopuffcaocaopuff Member Posts: 36 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Earth Spacedock
Hi all,

42nd Tactical Combat Wing is a newly formed fleet, and like so many other small fleets we are looking for members.

We aim to create a tight knit community of players regardless of playstyle.

We are making steady progress on our fleet base, but we focus on a more relaxed style of playing as opposed to a mad rush to complete projects. The fleet aims to take care of its members whether they be RPers, STF focused, or casual players just trying to have fun.

If you want to give us a try give me a message ingame, on the forums, or a PM if you should see me flying around. Char handle is @CaoCaoPuff.

Have fun and safe travels to you all
Post edited by caocaopuff on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2013
    After a fleetwide vote, we're now the 42nd Special Task Force

Its been a week and we've swelled to about 23 members and have 2 days until our tier 1 upgrade begins. It's becoming a fun and active group that pretty casual and active primarily in the evening so join up if that sounds like it fits your taste. We also have a small but awesome RP core.

Still hungry for new recruits so if interested, mail me @caocaopuff, or one of my fleet co-admirals @Reaper141 or @brokenfreedom. Alternatively, just PM one of our fleet members if you see us out there during your travels.

[EDIT:] Forgot to mention that we have a (albeit unfinished) website http://the42ndstf.byethost18.com/.

On an off note, we rebuilt and refitted builds and ships for a couple new players who recently reached VA and wanted to try STFs. They performed beautifully in KASE and as fleet leader, nothing could be better than this. Just happy news that I wanted to share :)
  • Options
    lurker49alurker49a Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I wait for your site to get its stuff together, I'll go ahead and post a somewhat condensed version of what I was planning (re-purposing another post).

Been playing for a little less than a year (still consider myself a total noob), have four characters (3 Fed: Tac, Sci, Eng; 1 KDF Sci), and planning to start a Romulan character once LoR hits (All female. Yup, I'm that guy). I'm 25 and never been in a fleet, though I've done the Call of Duty clan thing (fell apart after it lost direction) and not particularly looking for the "Teamspeak experience" just yet (if ever?).

Mostly a "lone wolf" type, but I do try to be a team player, and willing to fly as wing-man if asked (I'm up for just about anything that isn't real competitive PvP). Currently have a LOT of time on my hands, trying to change that. All of my characters tend to hang around the Beta Thoridor System of the Pi Canis Block.

Even with the anonymity that the internet can bring, I still find it difficult to reach out to others like this (it's a wonder I ever became part of a gaming clan), guess I kinda miss the camaraderie that comes with a tight-knit group of people.

Kinda about it for now.

... I really should try figuring out how to write things without resorting to parentheticals.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep, you just about fit the bill.

We have a friendly tight knit group, but we also have lone wolves that come on at odd hours. We have two members I haven't heard a word from since they joined, but that's the essence of the fleet. We don't force participation and interaction on you, but we do leave the option open if you want. Look forward to seeing you with us.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just a little update on our fleet status. We're at about 30 odd members now, and still a very laid back, friendly, and helpful group.

Due to the casual nature of the fleet, we usually have about 4-5 members on although that number climbs dramatically on the weekends. Our fleetbase is about to hit tier 2 somehow... i'm not sure how but we seem to be filling our projects quickly.

We've been doing a lot of STFs, fleet actions, and friendly PvP on an informal basis (ie not scheduled but someone usually calls out for a "Hey who wants to ______" and before you know it we have a group doing something) and this seems to be working out so far. Because our RP core was feeling a bit empty, we took it upon ourselves to form an interfleet RP alliance which has started up and is a fun way to organize small RP sessions and events.

If any of this sounds at all interesting, send me a mail on forums or ingame @caocaopuff
  • Options
    chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be honest I like the sound of this fleet providing it is as advertised. I'm in my third week of playing STO and I really like the game. I've just reached Rear Admiral Upper Half and this is my first MMO but I think I've got to grips with it pretty quickly.

Now I would like to join a fleet but I've tried a few already and they're kind of like this, not saying all fleets are but this is imho:

1: We only want you for your dilithium etc
    2: We only allow you to advance if you contribute fleet marks, however we fill up all the projects so you can't contribute anything but DOFFs and DL.
    3: We claim to be social but we never chat, never form teams and never make you feel part of anything. So essentially you might as well play solo.
    4: We are personal piggy banks for the founders.
    5: We dictate how you will spend your online time in a manner that suits us. If you don't like it we'll kick you out.

Basically I want to be in a fleet that tries to do stuff together, PVE, PVP, patrols. I also want to do STF's but I want to do them with a group of friendly social players that I've got to know. I don't care for the level of starbases or the number of players in a fleet, but I'll happily contribute to projects as long as I feel part of something. I'm also happy to chat via text, I don't want to be forced to use teamspeak.

If you think I'll fit in with your team then please send me a message.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Guess it's about time for an update. I had forgotten we had a thread..

Fleet is the same as always: active, casual, friendly, and very helpful. The fleet has more than doubled in size and continues to grow. We are nearing our tier 3 upgrade and eagerly awaiting the new dilithium mine. Finally we have a place to consign all would-be mutineers to hard labor.

As always, if interested in our fleet, mail or PM me @caocaopuff. Have fun and happy travels ingame :)